Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Is there any grace period to renew an AP after your expiration date?

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar

Is there any grace period to renew an AP after your expiration date?

To not put down a new down payment?

2. # ADS

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

As far as discounts, no. But if you renew after your date, you get a new date (this is good because you don't "lose" time.)

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Thanks! I didn't renew before my expiration date because I wasn't sure I had a trip planned in the near future, but now I do and I didn't want to make a new down payment if I didn't have to.

When they mailed my son's AP renewal notice in Feb (which arrived a whopping 1 day from his expiration date) it explicitly stated that you could renew after the fact but that the renewal date would not change. I suppose if you are pressed for the down payment it could be worth it, but for the most part the average daily cost quickly makes just getting a new AP on your next visit the more economical option.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CariBelle View Post
    Thanks! I didn't renew before my expiration date because I wasn't sure I had a trip planned in the near future, but now I do and I didn't want to make a new down payment if I didn't have to.
    oooooh. Huh. I hadn't thought of that one. Doh! But would that change your payment size? Because otherwise you wouldn't be paying as much for your AP. How does that work? (Sorry, I know, I'm clearly clueless on this issue.)
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    When they mailed my son's AP renewal notice in Feb (which arrived a whopping 1 day from his expiration date) it explicitly stated that you could renew after the fact but that the renewal date would not change. I suppose if you are pressed for the down payment it could be worth it, but for the most part the average daily cost quickly makes just getting a new AP on your next visit the more economical option.
    See, I thought I read the same thing but now I can't find the renewal notice. The difference in days is so small, about 15, so it doesn't make a huge difference to me.

Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    oooooh. Huh. I hadn't thought of that one. Doh! But would that change your payment size? Because otherwise you wouldn't be paying as much for your AP. How does that work? (Sorry, I know, I'm clearly clueless on this issue.)
    Yes, it would change the payment size but only by about $6. And my newly unemployed self is choking on the $80 down payment lol Obviously I can still afford it or I wouldn't be going on the trip, I'm just in ultra saver mode at the moment.