Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disney Giftcards at Costco?

Disney Giftcards at Costco?

I know they sell a park hopper at some of the Costco's near Disneyland. I was wondering if they sell any gift cards at any of the Costco's. I live in Northern CA and they don't here. I also didn't see any online.
    Thanks!

2. # ADS

They do not. Sams Club has in the past sold gift cards for about $1.xx off retail (seriously, it's $98.xx ($98.87?) for a $100.00 gift card). Earlier this summer, they were bundled with a bonus $10.00 Disney Store gift card. I did a 10-weeks for $10 membership in June so that I could buy $900.00 in gift cards towards 3 annual passes and the savings off the passes barely covered the membership cost and then I got the bonus gift cards which was the main reason for the purchase/membership. I don't know if those are still available as I haven't been back.

Also earlier this summer, Albertson's was giving $20 grocery vouchers for every $100.00 in gift cards purchased. That has probably also expired but unless you already have or have access to a Sams Club membership my guess is your local grocery store may have the best incentives to buy gift cards through them.

I would check Safeway, if you don't have a Disney store nerby. (Mine is in the section of the mall some deranged idiot* burned down last fall, and still isn't re-opened.
    *definition: He burned down the Disney store.

Walgreen sells Disney gift cards too.

Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    I would check Safeway, if you don't have a Disney store nerby. (Mine is in the section of the mall some deranged idiot* burned down last fall, and still isn't re-opened.
    *definition: He burned down the Disney store.
    Isn't Arden Fair store still open? I know it is further. though.
    Siggy aka Jill

Quote Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
    Isn't Arden Fair store still open? I know it is further. though.
    I don't go past Roseville . That is already 33 miles, Arden is another 20 minutes past there with no traffic.

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    I don't go past Roseville . That is already 33 miles, Arden is another 20 minutes past there with no traffic.
    I was going to say, that's a long way for a mall that I wouldn't cross the street to go to haha

Quote Originally Posted by CariBelle View Post
    I was going to say, that's a long way for a mall that I wouldn't cross the street to go to haha
    I really haven't been to Arden Fair Mall since G was a newborn, so 19 years. Sunrise used to be my closest mall, then they built the one in Roseville. I still need to go to Sunrise occasionally, as there are stores there we don't have in Roseville. Men's suits come to mind, other than the major dept stores, which tend towards more traditional suits. Sunrise has half a dozen men's stores than carry suits more suited to Whistler's tastes.

Back to the topic: I don't know if you were looking more for a "discount" on the cards, or just saving with them or gifting them. I haven't seen any deals lately. They do count towards the spend $50 get a .10 discount at the Safeway gas station, the closest safeway gas station to me seems to be pretty competitive with the Arco across the street, so the discount is helpful.

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar

I worked at Build A Bear in Arden for a year and it used to be our go to place for Black Friday shopping (we always visit my bro for Thanksgiving) but now it's just too rough for us and we head to Elk Grove instead.

Thanks for all your replies.
    I had a Costco giftcard that I was going to use to buy Disney Gift cards if they had them. I can ALWAYS find something else at Costco!