Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Bread Pudding at Disneyland

Bread Pudding at Disneyland

I am not sure where this thread goes but, we are visiting DL in august. My aunt wants some really good bread pudding. anyone know if they have any there and where. thanks for your help.

Can't Wait for Trip to the Happiest Place on Earth!

2. # ADS

Probably Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in downtown disney.

RB's menu does show two bread puddings.

http://www.rbjazzkitchen.com/menu_detail.php?menu=10

Whether they are "really good" or not, I have no idea.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ralph Brennan is a 'name' in the New Orleans restaurant scene. Unless the pastry chef had an off night, I would anticipate this would be the type of good bread pudding Prince's Aunt would be looking for. (Unless she was tempted away by the banana's foster dessert.)

Cathy

We had dinner there shortly after they opened and weren't impressed. I don't think we even stayed for dessert, and that is rare for me, so that might give you an idea of how enh it was. YMMV, of course, but we haven't bothered to go back.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My sister and I had a good meal there a few years back - and the only down side was the family at the next table. (Which included a young child (5-6ish?) coming up to our table with his stuffed dog and barking at us.) But that wasn't the restaurant's fault, and the waiter for that table was really earning his tip.

Cathy

We usually enjoy the bread pudding from the take-away counter (Jazz Kitchen Express?), especially when the pan is fresh. (If there are only a few, dried-up pieces left in the pan, try requesting a fresh piece.) We ask for the custard sauce in a separate container, then enjoy bread pudding for breakfast. (By the way, this bread pudding contains raisins, in case your aunt prefers her bread pudding raisin-less.) Of course, if the bread pudding looks sad, we go with beignets!

Blog Entries

We did the Jazz Kitchen for Christmas last year. The kids actually found a few dishes they liked. But the hit for me was the Bananas Foster. THAT was good. I loved that they made it at the table.

Planning 3 trips at once...

I haven't eaten at the Mimi's Cafe near DL, but I tend to love this little restaurant.

Thought that they might do a Bread Pudding, and it turns out I was right. Here's their recipe.

I haven't eaten it though. But Mimi's tends to be the kind of place where everything is yummy, so I thought I'd at least let you know about it as an option.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink Lover View Post
    I haven't eaten at the Mimi's Cafe near DL, but I tend to love this little restaurant.
    OHHH, we love Mimi's bread pudding!!!
    Planning 3 trips at once...

thanks so much for all of your inputs. we will try them out. thanks for your help.

Can't Wait for Trip to the Happiest Place on Earth!

So glad to hear it! Now that I have the recipe, I think I'll give it a try myself!

I have used this recipe and its' delicious. I have also made it a few times using days old donuts rather than bread. Yummmm! I had a variety of apple fritters, glazed, twists, and I think I even threw a cinnamon roll in there. It was very very good.

Quote Originally Posted by grammyof4 View Post
    I have also made it a few times using days old donuts rather than bread. Yummmm!
    You sound like my kind of grammy! Holy Cow ... how could that not be Yummy?

Quote Originally Posted by Tink Lover View Post
    You sound like my kind of grammy! Holy Cow ... how could that not be Yummy?
    well.... It is rather popular in my house . My husband is my biggest fan. The trick is to save enough donuts in order to use them for later. THATS the hard part.

Quote Originally Posted by grammyof4 View Post
    The trick is to save enough donuts in order to use them for later. THATS the hard part.
    LOL! The understatement of the year

There is rumored to be a bread pudding with a vanilla sauce on the dinner buffet at Storytellers Cafe (GCH). Not sure if they still have it and I do know that the dinner buffet is normally only offered if it is very busy.

~Christina~

They do still have a really good bread pudding at storytellers, my brother has been trying to convince me to go with him to the buffett there because he said the bread pudding was awesome! He still talks about it, and he is quite a baker himself so he knows what he is talking about. Hope your trip is wonderful and full of magic with or without the bread pudding!