Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: NEW Play 4 Days $79 Ticket

NEW Play 4 Days $79 Ticket

NEW Play 4 Days for $79!

Now through September 30, 2003

Residents of southern Califiornia and Baja California (Mexico) are able to buy a special ticket which is valid for four admissions to either Disneyland or Disney's Califiornia Adventure for $79.00 each.

These are NOT Park Hopper tickets, but you can visit both parks on the same day by using two of your four admissions.

Blackout Days:

DCA: NONE

Disneyland: June 28 (no surprise on that date!0
    July 4 and July 5
    August: 2, 9, 16, 23, 29, 30 and 31 (every Saturday)

Restrictions:

Offer valid for southern California residents (zip codes 90000 - 93599) and Baja California (Mexico) residents (zip codes 21000 - 22999) with proof of ID.

Tickets are non-transferable.

Valid ID required for admission.

Limit of ONE ticket purchase per person, per day with valid ID.

This offer may not be combined with other discounts or promotions, except tickets may be upgraded to a Deluxe or Premium Annual Passport.

No upgrades to a Southern California Annual Passport are permitted.

Standard Fastpass service applies (not Unlimited Fastpass).

Availability:

Disneyland Resort Main Entrance Ticket Windows
    Southern California Disney Stores
    On-Line: www.disneyland.com/play4days

All offers, events, tickets, age ranges, services, attractions and entertainment may be seasonal and are subject to change without notice.

2. # ADS

Re: NEW Play 4 Days $79 Ticket

Originally posted by PARK_HOPPER
    NEW Play 4 Days for $79!

Disneyland: June 28 (no surprise on that date!0

Maybe OT, but why no suprise on June 28 - is that the Pirates thing or the press thing?
    So long town - I'm headed for Tuxedo Junction now!

On Fire

Thats when the Pirates premiere (sp) is scheduled, the park (DLand) is closing at 6:00pm anyways.

"It is people like you who make people lock their doors in this world" - Lila

First off, the best "play for your money" has been prevented.

It would have been nice to use the 4 days during the summer, and then upgrade to the SoCal for the winter months, but they will not allow it. (Good business move). Oh well....

But for someone on a budget, that wants to buy a Deluxe AP, this will allow you to split the payments in 2, pay $79 to buy the 4 day ticket, and then on the 4th day, pay $86 to upgrade to a Deluxe. This might be helpful to some.....

But I really don't see a big market for this ticket, someone who likes to go to the parks regularly gets an AP (and there are over 600,000 folks that already have them).

Vacation folks planning to stay in the hotels aren't SoCal's, and they have their 5 for 3 day ticket special already.

So, you have the folks that are looking for something to do for a day. Now the last promotion worked since the family paid the one day price, and was given a second day free. So there was no extra expense. Now, for a family of 4, Disney wants another $120 to return 1 to 3 times (depending on how you use the ticket). I am not sure how many folks Disney can "upgrade".

And of course, places like Knott's will continue its about $25 for adults, $10 for kids SoCal pricing. Which means a lot less out of pocket expense for one day. (Yes it is only a one day adminision, but the family wants just a day out, and $70 for 4 people is easier to handle than $316).

You also have the special 2-day ParkHopper that AP holders can buy, if they wanted to take friends. And they offer both adult ($69) and kids ($49) pricing.

So I am not sure how many of these tickets they will sell....

Check out my photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Just as long as those who buy the ticket don't all come back in the last week of the promotion like they all did last time.

If you average it out though, it's actually a bit cheeper than the last deal. The last one was two days for $47 which averages to $23.50/day, this one will average $19.75/day. Still...it would be a much better deal if they would allow the thing to be used for park-hopping. I don't understand why the person who makes these deals is so afraid of people actually visiting both parks.

Does anyone know off hand if this ticket has fewer blockouts then the so-cal AP for the summer?

Yes, that is why they won't allow the upgrade to the SoCal AP, DCA has NO blackout days, and Disneyland has about 10, they are listed in the first post.

The SoCal AP's are pretty much blacked out for 2 months straight (Mid June to Mid August) at both parks.

Check out my photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Insufferable Know-It-All

Why doesn't Disney just admit they're having trouble bringing in the crowds and publicize a dropping of official ticket prices. They could pretend it's part of the 50th celebration, so no face lost there.

The Constitution is there to PROTECT rights, not to take them away.

I just Love the fact there CA Adventure has No Blackout Dates, while Disneyland has all those Saturdays, and Labor Day Weekend. Just goes to show that they figure CA Adventure won't even get too crowded on a Saturday, so why bother blacking it out.

If I'd shell out $10, I'd be a
    Originally posted by Darkbeer
    The SoCal AP's are pretty much blacked out for 2 months straight (Mid June to Mid August) at both parks.
    Gotta Love Premium.

Originally posted by Morrigoon
    Why doesn't Disney just admit they're having trouble bringing in the crowds and publicize a dropping of official ticket prices. They could pretend it's part of the 50th celebration, so no face lost there.
    While that would be nice, the way the prices are going up the promotion for the 50th celebration may be more along the lines of "SoCal residents can celebrate Disneylands 50th anaversary by purchasing a 1 day admission ticket for $50...that's right, just $1 for every year we've been open".

The price for Disneyland will certainly be $50 by the time of their anniversary.

If they wanted to do something very cool...and I'm sure it would pack 'em in...would be something like what was done when Star Tours opened. For the weekend that the 50th takes place...because it takes place on a weekend if I'm not mistaken...would be to remain open the entire weekend, for 50 hours, and charge a flat $50 admission. I think that would be one of those unique experiences that people would remember forever. I still remember getting to the park on that Friday night, after driving from Santa Barbara for 2+ Hours, at around 2:00 AM, and going on Star Tours with wide eyes at 5 AM!! Then sleeping in the parking lot in my friends car, before heading back to the park during the day. It would be easier this time, and hopefully something original like this could happen.

3/4ths Member
    Originally posted by SoCalDisneyLover
    For the weekend that the 50th takes place...because it takes place on a weekend if I'm not mistaken...would be to remain open the entire weekend, for 50 hours, and charge a flat $50 admission. I think that would be one of those unique experiences that people would remember forever.
    I for one would love to see that happen...

But then besides being called "the happiest place on earth", it would also be called "the stinkiest place on earth"

But how many of us would actually complain about being in DL for 50 hours?
    Homer: Hello, my name is Mr. Burns, I believe you have a letter for me!
    Post Office Guy: Okay Mr. Burns, whats your first name?
    Homer: I...don't know!