Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland PhotoPass CD - Pre Order: Good idea or not?

Disneyland PhotoPass CD - Pre Order: Good idea or not?

Maybe I'm confused here, but I pre-ordered my PhotoPass CD for my recent trip to DLR. Unfortunately on this trip we didn't use the PhotoPass service as much as before, in large part due to the fact that there weren't as many photographers around the parks, and when there were photographers for character interactions, the lines were long.

Anyhow, the thing that's got me confused is that while I purchased the CD beforehand for $99, when I go to the site to place my order, it now looks like the price is $69. I realize there's nothing I can do aboiut it, but my recollection beforehand was that they were showing the price as being $129 before the trip, but if I prepurchased the CD it would be $99. Now I'm a little burned that had I waited I could have gotten it for $69.

Am I missing something here?

2. # ADS

The $129/99 price in for WDW. DLR should be the $69/59.
    In fact I was on the photopass site yesterday and the CD was 59.99 I think, plus there is a 10percent off code food through Saturday (June 18th). I would look for contact information on the site and call or e-mail. You were over charged to start with, and they may be able to apply the discount as well.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    The $129/99 price in for WDW. DLR should be the $69/59.
    In fact I was on the photopass site yesterday and the CD was 59.99 I think, plus there is a 10percent off code food through Saturday (June 18th). I would look for contact information on the site and call or e-mail. You were over charged to start with, and they may be able to apply the discount as well.
    Doh. It was $59.99. We'll see if they get me the discount.

I had a similar experience in 2008 when I preordered a WDW CD but purchased the cheaper DL photopass. Because I had not used the WDW CD code for my order, there was no problem in having the money refunded. My only minor complaint was I don't recall them sending me a reply email indicating it was done, I just noticed it on my billing statement before I was going to follow up with them again.

I know that they have changed some of the photopass rules in the last three years, but I doubt you are the only person to make this mistake so I would be surprised if you had any issues getting the refund.

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber

I know it is too late now, but when we were at the park, we were able to buy the PP CD for $59. This was 2 weeks ago. If we had them print it there, we didn't get borders, but we could take a dummy case home and inside there was a code for a "free" CD and free shipping. So, we got home, added all the borders we wanted and then ordered it for the same cost. The CD came within 3 days. We felt like this was an awesome deal!

Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?

Blog Entries

I was wondering about this because when I went on the Photopass site, I couldn't even find a place to pre-order a Disneyland CD (instead of the pricier WDW CD). Maybe I'll just hold off until we are at the parks, see how many photos we actually have taken and then decide there to buy a CD or not. I like that they give you the CD case and a code so you can go home and add the boarders. That really made my WDW CD worth while! I ended up with hundreds of photos. That was six days in the parks, however. This will only be two (maybe three). We'll see if it's really worth it.

WDW June 1990-Buena Vista Palace, DL Aug 2001-Pasadena House, DL June 2006-Paradise Pier, DL June 2007-Paradise Pier, WDW Dec 2008-Royal Plaza, DL Nov 2011-Best Western Courtesy Inn, DL July 2012-Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn, DL May 2013-Holiday Inn on Walnut, PENDING DL Aug 2013 D23 Expo-Best Western Raffels

That is one of the problems with the DL ones, just how many pictures you end up with. For us it hasn't ever been very many.

We just got back from DL ant the cd is 59. Honestly though of the 75 pictures the photo pass people took only a couple were any better than ones I had gotten with my camera. They are always more than willing to take pictures with your camera for you as well as with their camera. We ended up with tons of great pictures on our camera of our whole family that they had taken for us. Saved me the $59 to buy the cd.