Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland Hotel 2-Bedroom Suite Layout?

Disneyland Hotel 2-Bedroom Suite Layout?

Wondering if anyone has pictures or a layout of the two bedroom suites at the DLH.

Thanks

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know how many of the nasty flavors are in there."

"In a insane society, a sane man would appear insane"
    -Star Trek

2. # ADS

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

No photos but we stayed in one of the two bedroom suites a couple years ago. Ours had 2 entry doors. One was for entrance into what I would call the livingroom, which was huge and had a half bath, one of the bedrooms opened off the living room without a seperate door to the hall. The other bedroom opened off the livingroom but had a hall that also opened to the hall so that if they had rented it as the one bedroom the door into the living room would stay locked and the second bedroom could be rented as a single room if that makes sense?

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MammaSilva View Post
    No photos but we stayed in one of the two bedroom suites a couple years ago. Ours had 2 entry doors. One was for entrance into what I would call the livingroom, which was huge and had a half bath, one of the bedrooms opened off the living room without a seperate door to the hall. The other bedroom opened off the livingroom but had a hall that also opened to the hall so that if they had rented it as the one bedroom the door into the living room would stay locked and the second bedroom could be rented as a single room if that makes sense?
    Was the layout something like this?

Planning 3 trips at once...

that's close, ours had two queens and a daybed in the bedroom of the main suite and we didn't have the dining table so we had major floor space available.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

How much does one of those 2 bedroom suites cost? We stayed in a one bedroom, but after being upgraded from a regular room for free. Am very curious!

We were in the wonder tower at the end of a hall. Our suites looked over dca, the grand Californian and the pool at the end. We entered through double doors which closed off the hallway, so the room to the right was a normal room with two queen beds and a day bed on the end corner. We crossed the hall way into a large living room with half bath and a wet bar. A king room was adjacent to this room with a full bath. We had a large couch and desk in the living room, three tvs all up. This was before the renovations. Great view of the fireworks at night.

Live for today!
    If I'm not being good, I am being good at it!
    Disneyland 1985, 1991, 2007
    Disneyland Paris 2011
    Next trip Aulani and Disneyland Dec 2011

Thanks for the help. Hate to admit but now we are considering the 3 bedroom. It is hard to believe, but it would be cheaper for one of the couples in our group if we went this way, which we are.

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know how many of the nasty flavors are in there."

-Star Trek

The multi bedroom suites tend to be less than the same cost of 3 individual rooms.

We always travel with my parents when we go and it has always worked out cheaper to get a two bedroom suite with conceirge than the two individual rooms (even without conceirge) plus you get an extra 1/2 bath plus the living room area. Enjoy you trip!

Quote Originally Posted by 5forMickey View Post
    We always travel with my parents when we go and it has always worked out cheaper to get a two bedroom suite with conceirge than the two individual rooms (even without conceirge) plus you get an extra 1/2 bath plus the living room area. Enjoy you trip!
    which hotel do you stay in that has the two bedroom suite with conceirge?
    Crystal, mom of 2 and wife to my entertaining husband Scott

Quote Originally Posted by crystalanne79 View Post
    There was a time when you could add concierge to suites at the DLH for a fixed price per suite. Not sure if this is still the case.

When we stayed in a 2BR suite in 2006 at DLH, it was more expensive than 2 rooms but less expensive than 3 rooms. We did not add concierge. -- Suzanne

I'm sorry I didn't make that very clear. We stay at the Disneyland Hotel. The conceirge has been an additional charge for the past few years, however, when you add it to the suite you are only paying $125.00 per night instead of the $250.00 per night if you have the two rooms. We usually travel with at least 7 people (my kids + parents) and the kids sometimes bring additional friends. We would spend at least double if we had to pay for breakfast and drinks all day for that many people. For us, the suite just is a better deal. When we split the total package price between the two families, rather we add concierge or not, the price for each has always been cheaper than if we would have requested two seperate rooms. And having an extra 1/2 bath is WONDERFUL! It sounds like a lot unless you consider the other places it saves us money, like the breakfast and drinks, and I am different than a lot of people because I don't look at the hotel as just a bed, I prefer someplace that I am confortable and can spend time relaxing. We stayed offsite for the first 10 years, but once we stayed on site, we were hooked. Then again, I can't bring myself to pay for the priority seating for fantasmic when I can sit and hold a spot, so it's just different strokes. The total price difference for our 4 night stay in July, for the 2 bedrooms with the conceirge was $350.00 cheaper that if we would have reserved 2 rooms and added concerige to only one roome (which I wouldn't do just using that as an example)
    Last edited by 5forMickey; 06-16-2011 at 05:03 PM.

that's great! I wish the website would quote for the multi-room suites but it looks like I'll have to call. We will be travelling with 6 people (my husband and I, our 2 kids, and my parents).

Crystal, mom of 2 and wife to my entertaining husband Scott

that's great! I wish the website would quote for the multi-room suites but it looks like I'll have to call. We will be travelling with 6 people (my husband and I, our 2 kids, and my parents).
    You can get a quote for a suite as part of a package on the AAA website. 6 adults gave me a quote for a 2 BR for 2 nights in August of $2939 and 3 adults gave me a quote for a standard room of $1377.50. Both included 3 day PHs, so the cost of 2 standard rooms would be $2755, which is $184 less than the cost of the 2 BR suite. -- Suzanne

Is the DLH the only one with suites or does PP and GCH also have suites?

Thx

formerly A1DisneyFan

Blog Entries

They all have suites.

Planning 3 trips at once...

I think you would be well pleased with the two bedroom. It will give you enough "seperate" space as well as common space with the living room. I would try and call the resort and just price the rooms first to get a good idea. When quoting the two rooms only, I get a quote for rooms with a view to make sure I'm comparing apples to apples. Two standards room (without any kind of a view) would probably be cheaper, but I like the dtd view. A high floor and good view have come with the suites we have had. Regardless, have a great trip!

i was wondering if most of the suites came with good view.

-Star Trek

Quote Originally Posted by r-we-there-yet View Post
    i was wondering if most of the suites came with good view.
    The suites we have stayed in have always had some sort of view. My least favorite was in the Bonita tower about middle floor farthest away from downtown disney, it faced the pool. My favorite was in the same tower but on the top floor, on one side was a view of downtown disney and the other side had a view of the pool. At that time, you could still go out on the balcony and that was wonderful. They have since closed that off. We like the Dreams tower dtd facing best. I have never been in Dreams facing the pool but I'm sure that would be nice also.