Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: U2 Concert

U2 Concert

Since I know there are some U2 fans on here from previous posts, just thought I'd post my opinion of the Oakland show last night: AWESOME. Seriously, do these guys age at all? For once, I even enjoyed the opening act - Lenny Kravitz is one suave dude.

Anyone else there or see shows on this tour?

Also, not sure if they were joking or not, but they made mention of going on tour with Green Day and Metallica. That would be a GREAT concert! (But who would be the opening act? Rolling Stones?)

This and all of my posts are in the public domain. I am a lawyer. I am not your lawyer, and this is not legal advice.

2. # ADS

Thumbs up

I had tickets for that show, but had to trade them when it was postponed. Now I have tickets for both Montreal shows in a month. I saw them 2 years ago for the first go-round of U2360. Can't wait to hear the new songs live!

We get Interpol as the opener.

It was a great show. I won't post details because I don't want to spoil them. The way they enter is classic U2, too. Funny - - the last time they did an outside stadium tour in our area was Popmart. We had GREAT seats, but the crowd ruined them for me. The security guards constantly stood in front of our seats or let their friends stand there - and I couldn't see over them. Then, while talking to security, someone stole three of the new t-shirts I had purchased (on a college student's budget at $20 a pop).

I had my best-ever U2 experience, though, when someone walking by heard me say, sadly, "This is my favorite band and I can't see over all the security guards hanging out in front of our chairs." Guy comes over and says, "I'm so sorry to hear that. I won these tickets and I'm not a big fan. I am going to leave. Why don't you take them?" FRONT ROW, CENTER!!!!

Guy standing next to me in the front row was U2's head of security. I told him the story and somehow, he managed to convince the rest of the crowd to scoot over and got me TO the stage! Not on it (this was before they really did that in every concert), but close enough I can tell you how beautiful the band is in person.

Anyhow, this concert was the opposite. I had the nosebleed seats, but had a great view and great company. For paying the least amount of money, I found our seats were better than 90% of the people there because we were looking directly down on the stage and could also see all of the effects.

Have a good time!

This and all of my posts are in the public domain. I am a lawyer. I am not your lawyer, and this is not legal advice.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Blog Entries

Apparently the parking situation was so bad that a lot of people just went home because by the time they were able to get off the freeway the concert was nearly over.

http://dustinkeirstead.blogspot.com/...rt-did-it.html

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex S. View Post
    Apparently the parking situation was so bad that a lot of people just went home because by the time they were able to get off the freeway the concert was nearly over.
    I read that and the comments and just don't get it. The Raiders sell out the Coliseum all the time. How was this different?
    --
    Andrew [

Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I read that and the comments and just don't get it. The Raiders sell out the Coliseum all the time. How was this different?
    Was it set up like Soldier Field in Chicago where not only the stands are full, but also most of the "field" seats or standing room? If so, that could be a contributing factor.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    Was it set up like Soldier Field in Chicago where not only the stands are full, but also most of the "field" seats or standing room? If so, that could be a contributing factor.
    Yes, for these shows the entire field area is sold as general admission, so that's an additional however-many thousands.

So, here is what happened:

Apparently, there was a HUGE accident on the freeway, causing hours-long delays. There was also road construction that closed two exits. So, basically, 70,000 or so vehicles were all traveling to the same place, with only one or two routes to go to. Once they got there, the colliseum staff was not prepared to deal with a horde of people all arriving at once. They didn't have parking spaces for all 70,000 fans.

The public transit, which is decent, does not travel to all areas around the Bay Area, so many people decided to drive.

Unfortunately, coordination with public transit was also terrible - - they didn't have the ability to handle the capacity and they shut down the station at the exact same time the concert got out. Which is why I left early.

It wasn't a well-coordinated event, at all.

That being said, it was a total rocking show. I'm glad the fates aligned for me.