Hello, I Must Be Going by Steve Russo

A fond farewell to all...

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Happy Trails, Mr. Steve!!!

Cathy

Steve, I'm a longtime fan of your trip reports prior to your life as a contributing author for MousePlanet and have to ask: Will you still be writing trip reports? Don't say 'no'.

Thank you for all your work; it used to be a bi-annual treat to read your reports that became a bi-weekly (semi-weekly? I can never get those straight) pleasure, so I hope you do keep writing. I've enjoyed your not-a-professional-columnist-but-regular-park-visitor-with-a-keen-eye style and viewpoints and echoed many myself.

Thanks for all the laughs!

Steve - first I want to thank you for your articles and trip reports. I love to read your opinions and your articles. I wish you nothing but the best in the future.

I hope that we will still get to read your trip reports and hopefully, every once in a while, an article that you will do maybe every once in a while. Kind of like a special reporter.

Thank you!

Shelley
    DLR '80, '05, '06, '07(x2), '09, '14, '15, '16; WDW '97, '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16; DCL '13, '16

Steve, all I can say is ......thank you!

Oh, that's sad. I've always really enjoyed your articles, they are humorous and entertaining, and occasionally informative!! :0) But a big thank you for all the time and trouble you've taken to keep us Disneyaholics entertained for a while now; we will miss you but we understand.

Big hugs from across the pond (that's in the UK, in case you were wondering!).

Silvercat

(Enjoy reading trip reports? Why not try my books, "Tiggerific Travels" - all 4 books available now as e-books)

Oh, Steve...I am so sad now!

I really enjoyed your articles! Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into them!

I wish you all the best with all your future adventures!

Thank you

Thank you for all of the wonderful articles and all of the time and talent you put into each one, will miss reading you in the future!

Your writing and humor will be missed. Hope you stop by once in a while & (as Silvercat suggested) do a 'special' or guest column. Best wishes to you moving forward!

“I think most of all what I want Disneyland to be is a happy place, where parents and children can have fun, together.” - Walt Disney

And we do!!!

Steve, thanks for a great three years.
    Hopefully real life will allow you to return some day!

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

I will miss your articles very much...you have a wonderful & humorous way of writing that keeps the reader engaged; however, I can sympathize how real life can change things and it IS a tremendous commitment. Thank you so much for your past articles, and I hope to see more of your trip reports (at the very least) in the future! Take care.

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

I am sad to see you go. I enjoyed reading your articles especially the Park Peeves.

You will be missed.

Good luck with whatever you do in the future.

Steve, I'm going to miss your column, and appreciate all of the effort that you put into making it informative, interesting, and fun. Thanks and best wishes to you and your family. Maybe we'll meet up sometime in the parks.

Blog Entries

To all...

Thanks so much for the very kind thoughts and words. Please keep in mind that I'm not dead yet (emphasis on "yet"), just retiring from writing the bi-weekly column. You can still expect the occasonal trip report here on MousePlanet - more frequently if I had my way.

It's truly been a pleasure and I can't tell you how much these sentiments mean to me. It's deeply appreciated.

Steve

Thanks for all the great work, Steve. You will be missed!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Thanks for all the great work, Steve. You will be missed!
    Thanks, Dan.
    Steve

Steve,

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sad............I can't even tell you how much I will miss your twice a month articles. Remember, last summer you missed a few and I e-mailed you to make sure all was well and to let you know how much I missed my Friday reading? At least then, I was comforted by the fact that you were coming back........now I have nothing.....sob......sob...... Seriously Steve, you will be missed more than you can imagine by so many people. I will count the days until your next trip report! Thanks so much for all your hard work and entertaining and teaching us new things these last few year!!!! Heidi Commerford

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FortWilderness IsHome View Post
    Steve,

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sad............I can't even tell you how much I will miss your twice a month articles. Remember, last summer you missed a few and I e-mailed you to make sure all was well and to let you know how much I missed my Friday reading? At least then, I was comforted by the fact that you were coming back........now I have nothing.....sob......sob...... Seriously Steve, you will be missed more than you can imagine by so many people. I will count the days until your next trip report! Thanks so much for all your hard work and entertaining and teaching us new things these last few year!!!! Heidi Commerford
    Hey Heidi,
    Thank you so much for those very kind words. I'm also counting the days to the next trip - unfortunately, they're too many right now.
    Steve

Steve,

I really enjoyed all of your columns. I first encountered your columns when I was considering purchasing a DVC membership. I used your article all about DVC to not only learn all about the benefits of DVC membership, but also to help convince my family that it was the right decision for us. After that I went back and read every article you wrote and enjoyed them all. You had a great way of blending very usefull information with humour.

It was very much appreciated and I look forward to any future writings you do.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dpayne007 View Post
    Steve,

I really enjoyed all of your columns. I first encountered your columns when I was considering purchasing a DVC membership. I used your article all about DVC to not only learn all about the benefits of DVC membership, but also to help convince my family that it was the right decision for us. After that I went back and read every article you wrote and enjoyed them all. You had a great way of blending very usefull information with humour.

It was very much appreciated and I look forward to any future writings you do.
    Thanks so much. I'm glad a few of the columns were useful for you.
    Steve