Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Summer TV Series

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Summer TV Series

We had a thread about season finales of TV series - so what about new series coming out for the summer.

I recorded Franklin & Bash -- wondering if anyone has watched it yet. It has potential to be decent, given the premise - but if it's all just slapstick frat boy humor, I don't really want to waste my time on it!

I'm looking forward to Rizzoli and Isles as well as Covert Affairs starting back up.

Cathy

2. # ADS

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar

Rizzoli & Isles, Burn Notice, Leverage, Eureka, Warehouse 13...

--
    Andrew [

Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!

Eureka, Haven & Royal Pains is what I am looking forward to. I'm such a nerd...I noted down the start dates in my calendar so I wouldn't forget they were coming on/ to DVR them!

Disneyland Regular

I can't wait until for Warehouse 13. In the meantime I am catching up on old series I never watched before.

God gives every bird its food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

I am looking forward to My Yard Goes Disney on HGTV!!!

Siggy aka Jill

Quote Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
    I am looking forward to My Yard Goes Disney on HGTV!!!
    I don't know that one...Is it new this year or was it on last year? I'll have to watch for it.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Blog Entries

Rissoli & Isles, Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, Warehouse 13, and The Glades will all automatically be recorded by the DVR because I haven't ever stopped any of those. But the only ones I'm actually looking forward to are Burn Notice and The Glades. Covert Affairs was a solid "meh" last time around, others in the house liked Rissoli & Isles much more than I did, and season two of Warehouse 13 was mostly a flop.

I've also enjoyed the first two seasons of Men of a Certain Age, but the first episode of season 3 which just aired the other day wasn't a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by ericles View Post
    I don't know that one...Is it new this year or was it on last year? I'll have to watch for it.
    It's new! It premieres June 6 on HGTV. Time says 8/7 Central.

I got hooked on HGTV while recovering from surgery in April, and they've been playing promo commercials regularly. It looks like it's going to be fun. First episode is titled "Backyard Train Station."
    To all who come to this happy place...quit stepping on the back of my shoes!

Brand New! Starts tomorrow night! Can't wait!!
    Siggy aka Jill

I looked it up - 8pm Eastern for us. Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out.

I can't wait to see Rookie Blues and America's Got Talent. At the beginning of the season is not always great, but sometimes you really get some people on there that are REALLY good at what they do.

Shelley
    DLR '80, '05, '06, '07(x2), '09, '14, '15, '16; WDW '97, '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16; DCL '13, '16

Looking forward to Teen Wolf, The A List:New York Season 2, Ru Paul's Drag U Season 2 and Jersey Shore Season 4 in Italy!

I looked it up - 8pm Eastern for us. Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out.
    It was cute!
    Siggy aka Jill

Quote Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
    It was cute!
    Spoilers ahead?
    We just watched it last night....meh - wasn't the greatest thing on HGTV we ever watched. I'm a real pain-in-the-butt and not into to much "cute" We got to wondering - so what happens when one of them sells their house, or the kids grow up? Are those items technically property of Disney? I''m guessing they wouldn't let you yard sale those things! Now, the preview for next weeks show, that backyard looks fun. We'll watch it again.

I'm looking forward to the new season Pretty Little Liars!!! That is the best show ever

meh - wasn't the greatest thing on HGTV we ever watched.
    I felt the same. I thought the end result of the project was incredible -- loved it; loved the kids' reactions. But as for the show -- it didn't hook me. It had too much behind-the-scenes action to have the impact that the end of, say, "Extreme Home Makeovers" has, but not enough of the Imagineering side to make it really interesting to me.

"Rehab Addict" -- there's a show I'll go out of my way to watch!
    To all who come to this happy place...quit stepping on the back of my shoes!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Blog Entries

Uh oh, while I've enjoyed the previous two seasons of Men of a Certain Age, apparently the shine is off. Found episode 1 of the new season boring and episode 2 I turned off halfway through. Also couldn't get back in the groove with the season premiere of Covert Affairs. Maybe I'm just not in the mood for TV at the moment.

Blog Entries

I'm hoping it was just a blip with Covert Affairs. There was too much internal stuff - and not enough 'spy stuff' going on. I mean did Auggie (sp?) get to do anything fun with his techno stuff?

Cathy

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Blog Entries

Hmmm...more evidence for the "not in the mood for summer TV" argument. After two episodes of The Glades I'm tired of it. But it is doing the same stuff I enjoyed last season so I thin it's me.

Blog Entries

After 2 episodes of Franklin and Bash, I'll continue to watch it, I think. Kind of reminds me of The Defenders, which was on my record list, but didn't always get watched right away.

Cathy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardboy21 View Post
    I'm looking forward to the new season Pretty Little Liars!!! That is the best show ever
    Same here! I can't wait!

I watch all those type of shows. I don't know why, but I really like them.

I can't wait for Entourage, Hung, and True Blood.

I DVR'd Teen Wolf because I liked the movie so I want to see if it is like it.

I still have Army Wives taping. Didn't watch the last 2 episodes so I might have hit the season finale and I just don't know it.

I am also going to give Switched at Birth a try. I am going to have a heart attack when I move out and I don't have DVR anymore! I am going to be going to visit my mama just to watch my TV shows!
    Kristin