Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: My WDW Trip Accomplishments of the day :) Part 2

Cathy - My parents are not staying for the second week. Which really gives me two very different "trips"! But this means I am putting them on the Magical Express and praying they make it to their gate. My sis is picking them up at the airport in Cleveland. You (and others) did answer some of my airport questions early on...thanks!

[
    Followed by Mother/Daughter trip: POP Century - May 13-18

2. # ADS

I did nothing today but in the past few days I have done a lott of stuff*

I finished my wedding trip & honeymoon clothes shopping
    Ipicked up both dresses (ceremony and reception.)
    Today I plan on going to pick up our bar crawl shirts. We got some tshirts and tanks for the Wedding "bahhhh" crawl n Cinco De Mayo* So if anyone is in Epcot the 5th- look for bright Pink and Blue shirts
    I am in the process of making signs to hang on my wedding party's door (with magnets of course,) and of COURSE i need to decorate my window
    I just got my wedding planner's gift- a pandora bracelet and charm
    and JUST finished getting all my maid's gifts.

SOOOOO excited!!

**Kristin**
    You just have to have it in you... the MAGIC*

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought you were getting close there, Kristin!

Make sure you bring 'strong' magnets for the doors. Some of the doors have 'a few' layers of paint on them. I'd made some printed-out-on-magnet paper signs a few years back at Caribbean Beach (so the whole sign was magnetic) and they didn't work really well. It was the same 'strength' of magnet you'd use to make magnetic advertising things to put on your refrigerator. And those weren't holding up anything other than their own weight!

Cathy

Booked ADR's and ordered Park tickets.

Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    I thought you were getting close there, Kristin!
    Yes sooo closeeeee and than you for the "Thick Magnet" reminder because I wanna bring them on my cruise with me and put them on the door.
    **Kristin**
    You just have to have it in you... the MAGIC*

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FYI, I had NO issues with the magnet sheets in the Wonder. They stuck quite well there.

Cathy

Bought 48 Starbucks instant coffee sachets. Murderously expensive but better than Nescaf and the stuff they leave in the rooms.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    Bought 48 Starbucks instant coffee sachets. Murderously expensive but better than Nescaf and the stuff they leave in the rooms.
    That's the one thing we really miss on vacation is really good coffee. The quick service is ok, but it's not the coffee we are used to here. Need that coffee!

Stephanie

Paid in full!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yippeee!!! That's a good feeling when it's paid in full! I'm almost there, too!

Stephanie

Booked my flight 6:30 am out of Bradley Hartford to MCO at 9:30 and return flight out at 7:30 pm.

We talked about what ADR's to book

And I love coffee and even though I know the coffee at the food courts is awful, I still love it

Formerly tinkinparis

Splurged and treated myself to a manicure/pedicure yesterday. I had to stay conservative with the manicure as Im working right up to travel day. I told the woman doing my toes that I was going on a Disney cruise. I asked her to use her creativity and jazz up my toes to reflect the Disney vacation mood. I love the result! I have Minnie toes! A take on a French Manicure but instead of plain white tips I have red tips with white poke a dots. Then she added a sweet black bow complete with Minnie ears along the poke a dot edge on each big toe. So cute! They make my heart smile when I look at them.

I leave Saturday! Cant wait!

Mily

Lost 7lb this is slow!

Congrats - keep it up!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Lost 7lb this is slow!
    Congrats! You can do it! Keep it up, we are all pulling for you!
    Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

Blog Entries

I placed my Garden Grocer order today! I have also put aside some cash for the trip as I realized all the money I had for the trip is on Gift Cards. Some how I don't think the airport takes Disney Gift Cards!

When I checked out with GG I saw this notice and thought others may like to know that they have stopped delivering to the Swan & Dolphin:
    (ETA: looks like it's older news but if you don't go that often you may not have seen it.)

Regarding Delivery To The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
    Effective Immediately!

We are sorry to announce that we will no longer be offering delivery to the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin. We have been advised, by attorney, that the Swan and Dolphin does not allow the delivery of groceries on the premises by any outside service. Therefore we have concluded delivery to the Swan and Dolphin Resorts immediately as of October 14, 2011.

Our sincerest apologies to any guests of the Swan and Dolphin anticipating the convenience of grocery delivery for their vacation.

Sincerely,

The Garden Grocer Staff

Going on our first Disney Cruise
    Very Merrytime Cruise 12/5/2022
    ~Katrina

Blog Entries

Not so much an accomplishment but a 'yay!!!'.
    The School Board just moved the last day of school from Monday June 18th to Friday the 15th. We leave on the 17th, I was hoping the kids would not have to miss the last day even though they really don't do much. They do usually move it from Monday to Friday, I just figured this would be the one year they kept the Monday date.

~Katrina

Quote Originally Posted by KJSJpipe View Post
    Not so much an accomplishment but a 'yay!!!'.
    The School Board just moved the last day of school from Monday June 18th to Friday the 15th. We leave on the 17th, I was hoping the kids would not have to miss the last day even though they really don't do much. They do usually move it from Monday to Friday, I just figured this would be the one year they kept the Monday date.
    Monday for a last day of school? That would be so annoying!

Blog Entries

Seriously!!
    I think it is a built in cushion for using every snow day in the system, but I don't think we have ever used it in DD's entire school career and she is in 9th grade.

~Katrina

Splurging this time (as I have no idea when I'll be back): just bought tickets for the whole clan to see La Nouba, Row D! Yikes that's expensive, but hopefully well worth it. It's going to be a surprise.

1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by petesimac View Post
    Splurging this time (as I have no idea when I'll be back): just bought tickets for the whole clan to see La Nouba, Row D! Yikes that's expensive, but hopefully well worth it. It's going to be a surprise.
    Pete I am absolutely certain you will love this. We watched La Nouba in 2007 and I found it to be absolutely mesmerising. Well worth the cost at least once in my opinion. Great surprise.

Great News on the last day of school and La Nouba Tickets!

I made all of our ADR's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dinner England Rose and Crown
    Dinner California Grill
    Dinner Chefs de France
    Lunch The Wave
    Dinner BOMA
    Lunch Le Cellier
    Lunch Akershus
    Lunch Tokyo Dining
    Breakfast BOMA

This will be our first time eating at Le Cellier in 20 years! I swear that the last time we ate there, we made our dining reservation in Spaceship Earth on the touch screen.

I hope it lives up to the hype and I am also excited to try breakfast at BOMA for the first time

Formerly tinkinparis

Looks like you're gonna eat well, tink!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Pete I am absolutely certain you will love this. We watched La Nouba in 2007 and I found it to be absolutely mesmerising. Well worth the cost at least once in my opinion. Great surprise.
    I hope so; I've always wanted to do it and now seemed like the perfect time. I'm very excited!
    1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

Blog Entries

La Nouba is AMAZING! I couldn't believe we had waited so long to see it. We were at the edge of our seats the entire time!

My WDW trip accomplishment...

I made a reservation online for a room at POFQ and then didn't go through with the payment. Then did it again and then "saved it". Last time I did that I got a 30% off code via e-mail. It's worth a try. Otherwise we have to wait until my sister gets down there mid-August to make our room ressie. She gets 50% off, but I don't know if I can wait that long!

Kristin