Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Castaway Cay cabanas now available for online booking

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Castaway Cay cabanas now available for online booking

Disney has finally added the option of booking a Castaway Cay beach cabana to the online reservation site. Effective immediately, passengers can reserve a cabana on the adult or family beach within the same booking window as for all other activities:

• Platinum Castaway Club members, as well as passengers staying in a concierge suite, can book 120 days before sailing.
    • Gold Castaway Club members can book 105 days before sailing.
    • Silver Castaway Club members can book 90 days before sailing.
    • Everyone else can book 75 days before sailing.

I wrote about my experiences with the Castaway Cay cabanas earlier this year, and I'm really glad they've added an online booking option.

Adrienne
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC Toocherie's Avatar

Just a question. Were the booking windows the same prior to the change? In other words, could Platinums book before Gold, etc.? In any event--since there is such limited availability is it likely that by the time it gets to "everyone else" that all of the cabanas would be booked?

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toocherie View Post
    Just a question. Were the booking windows the same prior to the change? In other words, could Platinums book before Gold, etc.? In any event--since there is such limited availability is it likely that by the time it gets to "everyone else" that all of the cabanas would be booked?
    Before this change the cabanas could only be reserved before the cruise by concierge guests - everyone else (Platinum included) had to wait until they boarded to book a reservation. I suspect this change is because they are no longer selling out quite as fast as they used to, and they're trying to widen the prospective pool - a LOT of people have never even heard of these.

AVP

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So if you were planning on 'finding people to share' a cabana with - would you risk going ahead and booking it online when you could? And then collect the money from the other people?

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    So if you were planning on 'finding people to share' a cabana with - would you risk going ahead and booking it online when you could? And then collect the money from the other people?
    I would. You will need to provide the other names to DCL at some point so you get enough bracelets for the others.

Make sure to double check who DCL is billing as soon you as you board. We had one with friends - they booked it on board - we gave them cash then discovered when we got our final bill DCL had charged me not them! Made for a crazy disembarkation morning as we got that straightened out.

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love the review you posted on the cabanas, Adrienne. So, 10 people is the max? We have a party of 12, one of which is a prior cruiser so she gets a little bit of booking priority over other noobs like us. We're just thinking that we'll be lucky to find ONE available at the 90 day window, let alone TWO. Are they strict on the occupancy numbers? We have 6 adults and 6 kids (6 and under).

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    Are they strict on the occupancy numbers? We have 6 adults and 6 kids (6 and under).
    In my experience, very. Access is controlled via wristband, and I observed bartenders checking for them.

AVP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    In my experience, very. Access is controlled via wristband, and I observed bartenders checking for them.
    That's what I figured. Well, we'll try to book two. I'm not feeling very optimistic though.

Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    I love the review you posted on the cabanas, Adrienne. So, 10 people is the max? We have a party of 12, one of which is a prior cruiser so she gets a little bit of booking priority over other noobs like us. We're just thinking that we'll be lucky to find ONE available at the 90 day window, let alone TWO. Are they strict on the occupancy numbers? We have 6 adults and 6 kids (6 and under).
    When we had ours, they either take you to the cabana in a golf cart or you can walk there. Either way, the cabana host is waiting for you to show you everything so they will know who all is in your group. And yep, everyone in the party must have a wristband.

Then there is another CM that is at the private beach area that checks for wristbands of those playing in the sand/water. When we were there, I was standing at the rope talking with friends that were on the family beach and the CM was keeping a pretty close eye on us (or it felt that way). I think she may have thought that I was going to invite them over.

I hope you are able to get them though. We loved the Cabana!!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
    -Walt Disney
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blog Entries

Thanks, Patti. I hope we will be able to get them too. It will be so convenient with so many little ones.