Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: More Mouse: My Disney Top 5-Top 5 Things I Love About Disney's Polynesian Resort

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

More Mouse: My Disney Top 5-Top 5 Things I Love About Disney's Polynesian Resort

My Disney Top 5-Top 5 Things I Love About Disney's Polynesian Resort by Chris Barry

Chris Barry is back with his monthly Disney Top 5 list.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Absolutely love this Top 5 and couldn't agree more! We love the Poly for all of these reasons and now our favorite resort as well. We stayed there last year and had the best time. It is just a real relaxing resort, spacious rooms (we are a family of five as well), the Volcano pool and views were just outstanding! We would be there again this year except we got the deal of Free Dining with our upcoming stay at Port Orleans Riverside which we've stayed at before and liked. Just couldn't pass up the free dining. Definately will be staying at the Poly again soon!

Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

We stayed at the Poly for 10 nights last August and I agree with your Top 5 completely!

We loved everything about the Poly from the food, to the atmosphere, to the location, to the pool (I couldn't stop my son from going down the volcano slide over and over and over again). It was so easy to just hop on the monorail and go. And going to sleep at night watching the castle change colors was truly magical!

We still can't hear the music from Pirates without remembering those warm summer nights spent watching the fireworks from our balcony.

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
    -Walt Disney
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff

Disney is infectious as it is, but staying at the Polynesian just seems to increase the magic even more so.

I'd love a castle view room next time, but one of the great things about the Poly is that my room with the view of the marina and the lagoon, that you see in the article, was considered a garden view and was therefore cheaper. Factor in the 40% off pin code we had and that room was actually a great deal.

We had a monorail view room and it was awesome! Love sitting there watching the different monorails zoom past! Also, can't say Poly without Tonga Toast! And when you ride the Volcano waterslide after dark it glows red like lava. Too Cool!

Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

I love the Poly! However, now that my husband and I are DVC members, it's hard to justify using our points there when it's so much cheaper (pointswise) to stay in a DVC villa. My hope is that eventually the Poly will get its own DVC villas so we can stay there again. After all, the Grand Floridian is getting DVC, maybe the Poly will be next. That would be enough to get me to consider adding on some points.

Blog Entries

Awright!

My husband and I LOVE the Polynesian Resort. We first stayed there April 2009 for the simple reason that if I wanted my husband to come on the trip with me it had to be a hotel with the least bus transportation to the parks. He just didn't want to spend time traveling so to the Poly we went and oh boy NO REGRETS!! When I booked for last dec. for my nephew, his girlfriend and us I had to discuss with them where to stay. My nephew' girlfriend wanted to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge at first but we won them over with the 'lesser bus traveling time and having the monorail in your own backyard and the view of Cinderella Castle across the lake'. What another great time we had at the Poly AND plenty of space for 4 adults in one room! Next trip, hopefully in dec. again, we might stay at a resort on the boardwalk but I will try to sell the advantages of the Poly again. What I most love about this place is all the lush greenery all around and the quietness of the place. AH warm feeling just thinking about it! Thanks Disney and the Poly!!