Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Magic of Business: The Magic Kingdom's Most Magical Moments

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Magic of Business: The Magic Kingdom's Most Magical Moments

The Magic Kingdom's Most Magical Moments by Jeff Kober

Jeff looks at some of the planned and unplanned memories that the parks create.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Special Memory

I love Goofy. Of course I know that Goofy is a cartoon, and the Goofy in the park is a person (probably a man) in a goofy Goofy costume. But when I go to Disney, I want to get a picture with him. When I was 19 my mom and I were visiting Disneyland. I was wearing a Goofy T-shirt and hat. Suddenly I saw Goofy surrounded by a gaggle of happy kids. But he was leaving, break time I suppose. I could tell he was in a hurry to leave, and I was disapointed because I really wanted my picture with him. But when he saw me he did a silly double take and quickly came over to have his picture taken with me. That was pretty special for me because I felt like, hey this guy is supposed to be leaving, but he is giving me his time simply because I'm and obvious Goofy fan.

When we went on our very first Disney World trip back in 1996 we had no idea what to expect, it was the first trip for all of us, me, DH and DDturning 3 on that trip.

This was the end of October and we booked a breakfast at Crystal Palace, of course we told them that it was DD birthday and she was turning 3. Not only did they bring out a cupcake (for breakfast, mommy? really, can I eat it??) but all the characters came over and sang happy birthday and helped her blow out the candles. and stayed around for pictures and to open the few little gifts that I had brought in. Tigger tried to put on the socks she got which got all the kids laughing and Eeyore shaking his head. Great memory.

Then fast forward a few years for my other daughter's trip when she was 3 (but not her birthday because hers is in June and back then we always tried to go in October) but it was Halloween and DD was dressed up as PoohBear and we again were at Crystal Palace. Pooh Bear came over and took some great pictures with his "twin" and then tried to get DD to take over for him so he could sit down for dinner.

Our last trip to the World was two years ago and with two teenagers they really didn't want anything to do with characters but agreed to have dinner at Crystal Palace because it would make mom happy. DD(15 at the time) went to check us in and they asked "are you celebrating anything?" and she answered "just being here, with my nice family" how great is that?? The hostess came to find me after we were seated to let me know that the reason our table was all decorated with mickey head confetti and streamers was due to DD's answer. She said we did a good job on raising our kids!

Thanks for reminding me to think about these special times. I hope everyone gets to enjoy some special magical memories at the world!