Fairestoneofall
    Fairest's DH
    Timl33 (if I guessed the right person!)
    AND
    Lani
    and
    Alex
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

2. # ADS

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

Way to go everyone!!!!!

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    and
    lani
    and
    alex
    woo hoo!
    Cathy

Congratulations to all of you! Hurray!

Mary@MasterpieceTravels.com

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks everyone! We had a group of 8 running, mostly in different corrals. Corrals were assigned so strangely. DH was two corrals behind me and he had a proof of time. Anyhow, he caught up to me at around mike four or five and ran the rest of the way with me. We crossed the finish line together. All eight of us finished and six of us were first timers. I was so honored to run with my DH, my baby sister and several of our dear friends. What a magical day. I was so happy when it was over though. Definitely the most physically and emotionally challenging thing I've ever done.

Best of luck to those of you pounding pavement in the full and the relay today. God speed.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Blog Entries

Watching runners come through DHS at mile 23/24 is amazing and awe inspiring. If you did that today, I'm amazed and so inspired by you. I thought I'd die after the half yesterday. You guys rock.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks like Stan4dSteph, AVP, Mox, Swanie, Swanie's DH have all completed the Chip & Dale! (Stan4dSteph and Swanie did the half yesterday, too!)
    Chewyswimmer completed the full on his own
    Mom2NicknMax and Timl33 completed the Goofy (half yesterday, full today!)

Way to go everyone!!

Cathy

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Congratulations, Everyone!!!

I would personally like to thank AVP for finishing before Mass started so that I could put away the iPhone. Yes, I was in church, with Doc's phone, watching for her to cross. Priorities.

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Congrats to all the finishers!

Jen
    Whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

Congrats to all the participants!

Someday going Goofy again.....

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I have a LOT of thoughts about the Chip and Dale relay, which I'll save for a time when I don't have the option of hoping on a monorail to go meet friends in Epcot for dinner like I do right now.

I do sincerely hope this wasn't a "one and done" as predicted by someone last night, but if they do this again there are definitely changes they need to make.

I'll just say that doing 13.1 miles with the constant threat of being swept at ANY SECOND looming over me from the very first minute sucked more energy out of me than I can ever describe, and it put me in a horrible frame of mind for most of the run. I'm not happy with my time, but then when I consider that I skipped most of my run intervals and even stopped for character photos, (because damn it, if I was going to get swept anyway there was no reason NOT to get a photo with Mickey, or pose in the graveyard with the undertakers), I realize that I probably would have PRd if I'd actually tried.

Lessons learned all around.

AVP

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Blog Entries

Race photos and videos are up on brightroom.com.

Force is strong in this one

Congrats to everyone who raced this weekend, whether it be the Family 5K, the half, the full, the relay, or the Goofy!

It was my first Goofy, and probably my last. I went in to this wanting to do the half "for time" and do the full as a kick back, jog it out, have fun, get photos, and treat this as a catered long training run. To that end, I succeeded! I underestimated how sore I'd be after the half (and a day of walking at the Magic Kingdom) so I was just happy to be able to actually jog parts of the full.

The graveyard/undertakers were the best photo op IMO, but I figured that if I lie down, that I wouldn't be able to get up!

I wish I could have met up with some of you, seeing as I haven't seen the ones I know since the last time I did MA, but I didn't really plan that well for that

Great job all, I'll see you in September!

In the year leading up to my 40th birthday, I successfully ran 40 races ending with Ironman Lake Tahoe! Follow me on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    Race photos and videos are up on brightroom.com.
    Wow, I look pretty awful!
    In the year leading up to my 40th birthday, I successfully ran 40 races ending with Ironman Lake Tahoe! Follow me on Facebook!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by timl33 View Post
    Wow, I look pretty awful!
    Me too! See you in Sept!

I am glad I finished the full. I am bummed that my quads siezed up on me at mile 16. I am also bummed because I know I won't be able to do another race for a very very long time. The wife says something about her needing to get a job and for us to pay off some cars and student loans. Don't know what that is all about. Hoping to be able to to the DL 1/2 in Sept. I want that C2C medal! Congrats to all who ran. Walking into school today was really hard after being in a place I love so much yesterday.

Blog Entries

Pretty sure I'm going to lose a toenail. That's just like a second medal, right?

I survived my two races pretty well, and the next couple of days, but seem to have picked up some sort of mega-WDW cold bug. It has knocked me on my butt for the time being, and I had to take a sick day today.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    I survived my two races pretty well, and the next couple of days, but seem to have picked up some sort of mega-WDW cold bug. It has knocked me on my butt for the time being, and I had to take a sick day today.
    Steph- You aren't the only one! Two of the people traveling with us came home with a bug, too! I hope you feel better really soon.
    I hope you don't mind, but I looked at your race photos. Love your purple skirt!!

Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    Steph- You aren't the only one! Two of the people traveling with us came home with a bug, too!
    I've been feeling under the weather for the last 2 days too. I just chalked it up to lack of sleep though.