Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: That's My Opinion: The Next Generation Initiative

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

That's My Opinion: The Next Generation Initiative

The Next Generation Initiative by Steve Russo

What is NextGen and why are so many angry about it?

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff

Well put Steve. There's always a contingent out there that attacks the "evil corporation" right away. I get so much bang for my buck out of Disney, that I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt. They've done pretty well by me over the years. Some of this sounds pretty interesting and my curiosity has been peaked.

CB

Thanks for another great article, Steve. I have to admit that I was one of those who felt "threatened" (best word I can think of) by the prospect of having to plan my whole vacation down to the minute months before it was to take place. But you've come up with some very plausible explanations of how the NextGen system might work. Hopefully the reality will be close to your vision. Like you, I generally have faith in what the Disney Company does in terms of trying to please it's client/customer base, and I'm optimistic that what they do at the theme parks in the next several years will make the guest experience even better than it is today.

Geez, Steve - how DARE you speak reasonably about this? Don't you know it's far more accepted to rant and rave and go right to the worst possible scenario, long before any real facts have emerged?

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    Well put Steve. There's always a contingent out there that attacks the "evil corporation" right away. I get so much bang for my buck out of Disney, that I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt. They've done pretty well by me over the years. Some of this sounds pretty interesting and my curiosity has been peaked.

CB
    Well said, Chris.
    Steve

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arnoldvb View Post
    Thanks for another great article, Steve. I have to admit that I was one of those who felt "threatened" (best word I can think of) by the prospect of having to plan my whole vacation down to the minute months before it was to take place. But you've come up with some very plausible explanations of how the NextGen system might work. Hopefully the reality will be close to your vision. Like you, I generally have faith in what the Disney Company does in terms of trying to please it's client/customer base, and I'm optimistic that what they do at the theme parks in the next several years will make the guest experience even better than it is today.
    Thanks, Arnold. It's fun to speculate on how something might be implemented. Let's hope they don't let us down.
    Steve

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Geez, Steve - how DARE you speak reasonably about this? Don't you know it's far more accepted to rant and rave and go right to the worst possible scenario, long before any real facts have emerged?
    LOL. I don't know what to say, Dan. I'm a rebel
    Steve