Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: DCL Newbie...please help

DCL Newbie...please help

Hey all,
    I am a DCL newbie...actually I have never been on any kind of cruise before!

My first question: If you choose the early dining time for dinner, do you have to eat breakfast and lunch at a certain time?

Thanks!

2. # ADS

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Hi!

Nope, breakfast and lunch are open seating ... except on disembarkation day when you are assigned a breakfast time for the main dining room based on if you have early or late seating.

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Thank you so much!

Now...what about tipping? Who do you tip? Who do you not? Can you take care of your tips ahead of time?

Again, thank you!

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

The four main people who get tips are the head waiter, waiter, assistant waiter and room steward.

You can charge your tips to your room ahead of time (I believe). The recommended amount is on the site (broken down per day, including children).

DH and I get cash in advance and give it directly to them (we also add more or remove some based on the service).

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

here is the link to the suggested tips:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/fa...es/gratuities/

We went on one Disney cruise before and they definitely deserve the tips. We were very well taken care of.