Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever seen something snuck into the park?

Quote Originally Posted by Mouseketeer1955 View Post
    Let's see...

I've brought in camping chairs so that my wife and I had a place to sit for Fantasmic and the numerous fireworks shows. I've carried my folding knife with me, I don't go anywhere without it. I've brought my firearm with me into the Magic Kingdom, along with my badge and ID. And I've brought a scanner with me so that I could keep up with ride breakdowns and any incidents that might have happened during the day. Unfortunately, they now use Nextel, so you can't listen in anymore.

That's pretty much it.
    are you a ploiceman
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    are you a ploiceman
    retired
    click here
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Click here for VF Tunez Player

Loose lips sink ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Tan Da Man View Post
    Its right next to the old skyway entrance across from Village Haus restaurant, big wagon that sells merchandise. Anytime I worked there people would always smoke there, cigs and occasionally joints, couples like to get a lil frisky back there often. But one time I found an empty large bottle of Jack Daniels, always would find little bottles thrown back there...its a good lil spot to hide things like that
    Cool, thanks! Always like to learn a little bit more about the park.
    Heading to DLR July '15!

Quote Originally Posted by cookie7762 View Post
    , but he swore up and down it had alcohol in it.
    Perhaps he had seen the news reports about the ones that do have alchol in them and was confused?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    Buying for 6 has us brining a lunch in. I dont see how it's "sneeking" when the cast members look through it everytime. We do buy snacks and dinner in the park. So it runs me 80 a day and not 140 a day in food. Usually eating all that park food for 2-3 times a day for 3 days makes me feel ill anyway.
    This is us. We never sneak it. The bag check CMs ask if I brought them a sandwich, usually. The only other thing they will ask is whether there is any glass or knives. We also have 2 smaller cooler bags we use instead of one larger one. We stick water bottles in the freezer for ice packs and then have cold water later in the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71
    This is us. We never sneak it. The bag check CMs ask if I brought them a sandwich, usually. The only other thing they will ask is whether there is any glass or knives. We also have 2 smaller cooler bags we use instead of one larger one. We stick water bottles in the freezer for ice packs and then have cold water later in the afternoon.

I just remembered we were there once and in our cooler we had a small dinner knife. It had a rounded end and no sharpness to it but my wife brought it because it would slice the apples we brought. The Cast member said we could not bring it in the park and to toss it or take it back to our hotel. Not wanting to waste time running back to the hotel I walked a ways off and then hit it deeper in the small cooler. Picked another line and went right in. I am guilty!!

We had some friends who didn't pre-make their sandwiches. The cast members told them that they could not enter the park with unmade sandwiches. So my wife helped them make 6 sandwiches there on a park bench. It was kind of funny to watch.
    Last edited by Andrew; 02-17-2011 at 04:03 PM. Reason: fix vBcode

I've done the usual food/snack items. I personally, bring in my own Coke Zero whenever we are at the park. I'm not paying $3+ for something that is normally under a dollar. Plus, I usually start drinking on the trip from the hotel and I don't to pause right when park opens to get a drink (instead head immediately for a fastpass and Matterhorn). Same thing they sell in the park, so not ruining anyone's experience.
    I do know of some friends that have snuck in a small flask of alcohol (mixed in a mint julep they said was awesome). Not much to get crazy, but a drink with dinner. I don't mind hearing people that sneak a little in since DCA and all WDW parks (except Magic Kingdom) sell alcohol and I have seen plenty of people drunk from those.
    I did recently chat with a friend who grew up in the LA area. Said he and friends in high school used to do shrooms and go to all the Disney shows/attractions. Don't know if they snuck them in or just came in high, but that was years and year ago and havne't heard of anyone I know doing any of that recently.

I've taken in a pet crocodile, depleted uranium, a loaded shotgun, a human foot and toe-nail clippers.

The clippers got confiscated.

I'm kidding. They never saw the clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGlass View Post
    I've taken in a pet crocodile, depleted uranium, a loaded shotgun, a human foot
    Well, to date I've had two human feet on my person EVERY time I've gone in the parks!

As long as the uranium is depleted, what's the big deal?

On a more serious note, I think I've probably brought my small Leatherman in with me numerous times, and I know I've had a bottle of water or another beverage with me frequently. But almost w/o exception that was one I bought in one of the parks and hanging from a park lanyard!
    -Craig => DVC owner @ BLT, VGC, AKV, & VWL + D23 first day member (and if we didn't live so far away I'd be in the parks a LOT more!!! )

Quote Originally Posted by racccoon View Post
    I once brought in a 5 inch pocket knife. I forgot it was in my pocket until later that day.
    DH nearly did the same thing but an older security guy walked up to us before the checkpoint and asked if we had a knife on us. DH realized he had stuck it in his pocket out of habit and happily turned it over. We were impressed the guy noticed.
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

I know two guys were smoking pot in the Family bathroom by that carnation plaza area. I told security about it. We had been waiting quite a bit to use the room then when we got in it had that horrible smell, we ended up going to the baby center.
    Hubby has brought his knife on accident, he too is used to just having it on him.
    I heard on grad night a bunch of stuff was snuck in but I never saw it, only heard stories afterwords.

My ex was a Sheriff's Deputy and used to make a big deal out of taking his "second chance" (weapon) into the parks. He always wore it under his shirt. He was always such a jerk about it. One of the many reasons he is an "ex"

Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by BlkPearlCptn View Post
    My ex was a Sheriff's Deputy and used to make a big deal out of taking his "second chance" (weapon) into the parks. He always wore it under his shirt. He was always such a jerk about it. One of the many reasons he is an "ex"
    I never made a big deal of it, it's just what I did. And depending on what I was wearing at the time, determined which gun I took with me. In other words, if it was cool enough to wear my jacket, I would carry my S&W 459 4" 9mm pistol. And when it was warm, I carried my 2" .380 auto.

As much as I have visited Disneyland in the past, it was bound to happen and I've seen people that I arrested at the park. So I opted to carry my firearm into the park as a matter of self defense in the event that one of the more violent individuals chose to exploit that opportunity to exact their revenge. Some consider it an over reaction, but I'm of the opinion that I would rather have and not need, than need and not have. One thing to note, it was one of those things that made the day just slightly less enjoyable because I had to consider my responsibility to the family and those around me and stay cognizant of the fact that I didn't want to cause anyone concern that a firearm was near them. In all the times that I went with my family to Disneyland, no one ever knew that a firearm was just inches from them.

Now that I no longer live as close to Disneyland as I used to, my wife and I get a hotel. I still take my firearm with me for self defense, but it's a lot nicer to carry the bare minimum with you and leave everything else in the room, the firearm included.
    click here
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

He never used to carry it for the reasons that you do. He used to literally "get off" on the fact that he would sneak a weapon into Disneyland. (He HATED the park with a passion). Once we would get ready to leave he always made a point of telling a CM that we had been in the park all day and he had a weapon.Then he would flash his badge. Like I said, a real jerk. He was eventually fired from his job, which tells you a lot about him. I grew up in a family of Law Enforcement and have the utmost respect for them. His actions just made me sick.

I once snuck a large amount of cash into Disneyland. Somehow they found out and took it all by the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by scotman283 View Post
    I once snuck a large amount of cash into Disneyland. Somehow they found out and took it all by the end of the day.
    Me too!! I heard this happens ALL THE TIME....lol
    DL ~ June 1981 ~ March 2000 ~ Oct/Nov 2001 ~ March 2006 ~ Oct/Nov 2007 ~ March 2009 ~ Sept 2010 ~ March 2011 ~ Sept 2011 ~ Sept 2012 ~ Sept 2013 ~ Sept 2015 ~ Aug/Sept 2016
    WDW ~ March 2005 ~ Sept 2009 ~ Aug//Sept 2014
    DVC MEMBER since March 2011
    Next trip: WDW August 20-Sept 4

Quote Originally Posted by jsilkey View Post
    Me too!! I heard this happens ALL THE TIME....lol
    Come to think of it I sneek a credit card or too in each trip and the nI come back and my bill is really big. I think I see a connection here

He never used to carry it for the reasons that you do. He used to literally "get off" on the fact that he would sneak a weapon into Disneyland. (He HATED the park with a passion). Once we would get ready to leave he always made a point of telling a CM that we had been in the park all day and he had a weapon.Then he would flash his badge. Like I said, a real jerk. He was eventually fired from his job, which tells you a lot about him. I grew up in a family of Law Enforcement and have the utmost respect for them. His actions just made me sick.
    Yeah, I'd have a problem with someone getting that much of a thrill out doing something just to screw with people. Hopefully he didn't get hired onto another department.
    click here

Quote Originally Posted by Mouseketeer1955 View Post
    Yeah, I'd have a problem with someone getting that much of a thrill out doing something just to screw with people. Hopefully he didn't get hired onto another department.
    He completely got shut out of law enforcement. (He had a reputation in our area). Last I heard he was working on trains in another state.

He completely got shut out of law enforcement. (He had a reputation in our area). Last I heard he was working on trains in another state.
    Actually, that's not a bad way to go, he's probably making more money with better benefits. My son in law works for BNSF and does pretty well.

Me personally, I've gone back to school to get my BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) and certification in ASL (American Sign Language). So contrary to what some think, there is life after law enforcement.
    click here

Quote Originally Posted by mulansgirl View Post
    I know two guys were smoking pot in the Family bathroom by that carnation plaza area. I told security about it.
    Narc.

Seriously, you really reported guys smoking pot? Did it offend you that much? Were they harming anybody else in any way?
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Tan Da Man View Post
    Its right next to the old skyway entrance across from Village Haus restaurant, big wagon that sells merchandise. Anytime I worked there people would always smoke there, cigs and occasionally joints, couples like to get a lil frisky back there often.
    When did you work there? Back before DCA my older brother was a lead for Fantasyland shops. His home base was the Mad Hatter, but he also was lead over Stromboli's.

Just curious.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    When did you work there? Back before DCA my older brother was a lead for Fantasyland shops. His home base was the Mad Hatter, but he also was lead over Stromboli's.

Just curious.
    He worked there in the last year or two. I remember him talking about getting his job.

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Narc.

Seriously, you really reported guys smoking pot? Did it offend you that much? Were they harming anybody else in any way?
    If you had read her whole post you would have seen that she was bothered by it, as I would have been, and as many other people would have been.

I'm curious if you would feel the same way if people were smoking cigarettes in a family bathroom.
    Go Giants! Black & Orange till I die.

Quote Originally Posted by lofosho View Post
    If you had read her whole post....
    Thanks - I did read the whole post.

I'm curious if you would feel the same way if people were smoking cigarettes in a family bathroom.
    I'm not really the right demographic for this, having been a road musician and club worker for many years in my dark & sordid past. So smoke of any kind doesn't bother me. And while pot smoke might have bothered some, I just don't see the need to report the infringement. It seems like a family bathroom with a lockable door is an ideal place for some recreational smokage. But then I can see how some might be offended by that.
    - James Taylor