Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Disneyland ending the Walk of Magical Memories program

Are there any choices any more about what little picture can be at the top? I was never clear on who can get what. I was hoping for ears and 2011 or something... Seems funny to order over the phone and not carefully fill out some form with a guideline of how it'll look.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by PoomShanka View Post
    Are there any choices any more about what little picture can be at the top? I was never clear on who can get what. I was hoping for ears and 2011 or something... Seems funny to order over the phone and not carefully fill out some form with a guideline of how it'll look.
    You should be able to order it with ears if I remember correctly. Here is a pic of the replica that I took. It really looks like an award style

[IMG][/IMG]

Number of visits to Disneyland 36

Thanks kfreak!! That looks even cooler than I imagined. I'll definitely pick that over the oak. No offense, oak.

OK, I've had the form sitting at home for a few months now. I guess this will ensure that I finally get it ordered

How does the ordering work? Can I do it over the phone or do I need to use the form itself. If I need to use the form, does it have to be mailed in, or can I return it (and pay for it) at the park?
    TIA!

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
    -Walt Disney
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I never got a brick, but I did get my pic put up in the entryway of Epcot. It's been there since 1999, and it give me a kick every time I think about my smiling face looking out on the thousands of people that pass through the gates every day!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Dlfansx4- I think you can do any of the above. I'm ordering one too but haven't figured out the actual imprint, besides all of our names

There's 4 regular choices, along with 1 AP-only and 1 CM-only pick.

The year in the mouse ears is a regular choice.

The castle with a Mouse Ears silhouette is AP-only. Mickey is CM-only.
    The metal emblems were only available during the 50th anniversary deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermommy View Post
    Since then, we've made a tradition of sprinkling pixie dust on it every time we go (an idea we got from this board). If we're with friends, they do it too.
    Hey! Maybe that was me because that's what we do every time we're at the park! We *love* our brick, and I just love knowing that we have a little place at Disneyland. We have the acrylic copy of it too.

I've been concerned lately about the changes rumored at the Esplanade because our brick is close to the compass, and I'd hate to see it removed...

And Dan, maybe our little photos are near yours in Epcot; we had several installed on our 2000 trip.
    Mary@MasterpieceTravels.com

Thanks for all that info, ChrisGlass!

I would imagine that they're probably running out of room. I didn't do it because, it just wasn't important that people read my name on a stone. That will happen soon enough.

click here
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Click here for VF Tunez Player

Quote Originally Posted by mkraemer View Post
    And Dan, maybe our little photos are near yours in Epcot; we had several installed on our 2000 trip.
    I'm on the right side, 2nd row from the front. I always start a trip with Epcot, and I always start my Epcot trip with a visit to my smiling face!
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Wish Upon A Star Mommy2NicknMax's Avatar

Thank you for posting about this. We've wanted one but never took the time to order it. Does anyone know if there is a website that has the actual pictures you can chose from? I see descriptions here but I'd like to see it before I select it.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mkraemer View Post
    Hey! Maybe that was me because that's what we do every time we're at the park! We *love* our brick, and I just love knowing that we have a little place at Disneyland.
    It probably was! I read a post quite a while ago about someone putting pixie dust on their stone when they were in the parks, and I thought it was a great idea. I have a purse that I use only when we go to Disneyland, and there is always a little bag of ground glitter in it for just that purpose. (After we sprinkle it, whatever's left on our hands gets rubbed in our hair.)

I completely agree with you about having a little place at Disneyland. I love it when my little nieces and nephew send pictures from there -- it makes me happy that they take the time to "visit" our little place when they go. I'm trying to talk their dad into getting one for his family before they go away.
    To all who come to this happy place...quit stepping on the back of my shoes!

Quote Originally Posted by lola2009 View Post
    Dlfansx4- I think you can do any of the above. I'm ordering one too but haven't figured out the actual imprint, besides all of our names
    Thanks!! I called yesterday afternoon and was able to place my order over the phone!! Yeah, I can't wait until August to see our new brick. I guess there is something a little sentimental about being in the last group to receive them also (although kind of sad....)
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
    -Walt Disney
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I e-mailed them yesterday and they sent me a PDF of the brochure. Ordered our brick yesterday and two replicas. PAP, 20% discount!!!

What email address did you use?

Keep Moving Forward!

Quote Originally Posted by AJDerrick View Post
    What email address did you use?
    DL.Bricks@disney.com At first I got an Out of Office reply instructing me to call them but about an hour later I got an e-mail from them with the PDF. You could just call them too and I'm sure they'd be happy to send it to you.

(800) 760-3566

Excellent, thanks!

Keep Moving Forward!

Just ordered mine over the phone today, and it was quick and easy! I was nervous about mailing it in with the deadline looming up so fast, and having it get lost in the mail or something, so I just called.

I have a Deluxe AP that got me a 10% discount, as will the Disney Visa. I opted for the Visa so I could accrue one Disney Dollar and change.

I can't wait to get the map that shows the section where my brick will be.

While the rep who helped me was very efficient and friendly, she failed to tell me to "have a magical day!" before we hung up. Well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2NicknMax View Post
    DL.Bricks@disney.com At first I got an Out of Office reply instructing me to call them but about an hour later I got an e-mail from them with the PDF. You could just call them too and I'm sure they'd be happy to send it to you.
    Thank you! Did the brochure show you what options you had?

I have a Deluxe AP that got me a 10% discount, as will the Disney Visa. I opted for the Visa so I could accrue one Disney Dollar and change.

Good Idea-So you can get 10% discount with the DAP or the Disney Chase Visa? I am all for accruing Disney Dollars. We practically paid for our stay at the Grand Californian 2 weeks ago!
    Siggy aka Jill

Right, 10% with DAP or Disney Chase Visa. Disney Reward Dollars are the best!!! I only have 166 right now but this Friday (quick one day trip to DL)they will transform themselves into two new coats for my kids and whatever else they want from the leftovers! I am so selfless....

Finally got billed, a week after my call, at it seems to be $120 with my premium pass, so I guess it's a 20% discount for that.

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber

My sisters got us a brick as an engagement present. I know they got us the replica too but I can't find it anywhere. I haven't seen it since we moved a year and a half ago. Now I am debating ordering a new one.

ETA- You guys sparked me to look and I found it! It was in my box of Disneyland junk. Of course I didn't think to look in the logical place!

Last edited by Mermaid; 02-22-2011 at 03:18 PM.
    Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?

Disney Junk? There's no such thing!

Looks like I'll need to order one in the next couple of days myself! Thanks for the heads up!!

Thanks for the heads up! Just ordered replicas (yes, plural, couldn't decide! LOL!) and was quoted 8-10 weeks for delivery.

Finally got my PAP back! Disneyland everyday!