Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Dream Menus

I am Root. Bow before me!
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

Dream Menus

We've had a few requests to share the menus from the Maiden Voyage. According to AVP, these are the same menus they served on the next sailing, so they should be indicative of what you will see on board, at least for the next few months, until they start tweaking them again.

Here are the first two menus, from Animator's Palate and Royal Palace. I'll be posting the Enchanted Garden and Pirate Night menus tomorrow.

-----------------------------------------------------

Animator's Palate

Appetizers

Smoked Salmon Tartare
    Capers, Onions and Micro Greens topped with American Black Caviar , seasoned with Celtic Salt

Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes
    Pasta filled with Truffle scented Cheese and coated with a delicate Champagne sauce

Sesame-flavored Rock Shrimp and Caramelized Onion Cheesecake
    With Asian Barbecue Sauce and topped with Micro Greens

Wild Mushroom Risotto and Porcini Twist
    Served with Parmigiano-Reggiano
    Soups and Salads
    Baked Potato and Cheddar Cheese Soup
    With Bacon Bits and Chives

Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
    Garnished with Chives and drizzled with Sour Cream

Vine Ripe Tomato Salad
    Bell Peppers and Onion Brunoise topped with Micro Greens and Herb Dressing

Curly Endive, Arugula and Watercress Salad
    Sliced Peaches, Toasted Almonds and tossed with a Sherry Vinaigrette
    Entrees
    Grilled Pacific Black Cod
    With Sauted Morel Mushrooms on a Yellow Split Pea Puree

Animator's Trio of Veal
    Grilled Tenderloin, Pulled Shank and Torellacci Pasta with a Sun-dried Tomato and Sage reduction and garnished with a Potato Crisp

White Shrimp Pennette Pasta
    Tossed with a Basil and Reggiano Parmesan Cheese Sauce and topped with a Parmesan Cheese Wafer

Stir-fry Vegetables
    On fried Noodles, Hearts of Palm and Oyster Glaze

Lemon-thyme Marinated Organic Chicken Breast
    With Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes, roasted Root Vegetables, and Grain Mustard Jus

Black Bean Chipotle Cakes
    Over Corn Kernels and Brown Rice topped with a Tomato-Cilantro Salsa

Marinated Angus Beef Tenderloin
    Carved to order on Wasabi Mashed Potatoes with Bok Choy and a Tamarind-Barbeque Reduction

Arugula Leaves and Grilled Vegetable Salad
    Topped with sliced Beef Tenderloin, Marjoram, Bacon and Ranch Dressing

Royal Palace

Appetizers
    Pomegranate Glazed Duck Breast
    With Gewurztraminer Gelee and Pomegranate Glaze

Double Baked Spinach Souffl
    Coated with a Three-Cheese Sauce

Escargots Gratines
    Herb-marinated Snails with Finely Chopped Mushrooms, topped with Garlic Butter and Bread Stick

Iced Lobster and Jumbo Shrimp
    White and Green Asparagus, Micro Greens and Lemon-dill dressing with Horseradish Cream
    Soups and Salads
    Avocado-Citrus Salad
    With Iceberg and Radicchio Leaves and an Orange Vinaigrette

Royal Market Green Salad
    Cherry Tomato, Cucumbers, Peppered Goat Cheese, and a Raspberry Vinaigrette

The Comtesse Du Barry's Soup
    Rich Velvety Cauliflower Cream, topped with Salmon Caviar Croutons

Belle's French Onion Soup
    With Gruyere Cheese Crouton

Main Courses
    Royal Palace Aged Angus Grilled Beef Tenderloin and Lobster Medallions
    Sauteed Snow Peas and Marquis Potatoes with a Cognac Reduction

Oven-Baked Salmon Royale
    Crowned with King Smoked Salmon and Horseradish Crust accompanied by Sauted Swiss Chard, truffle-infused Cauliflower Puree and White Wine Beurre Blanc

Roasted Wild Boar Tenderloin
    Sweet Carrot and Onion Potato Cake with a Red Currant reduction

Grilled Farm-Raised Organic Chicken Breast Salad
    Romaine Lettuce, Herbed Croutons, Cherry Tomatoes and a Creamy Parmesan Dressing

Double Cut Rack of Lamb with a Dijon Crust
    With fine Green Beans, Gratin Potatoes and Rosemary Jus

Pan Seared Tofu, Roasted Zucchini, Eggplant and Red Peppers
    On Israeli Couscous and a Lime-Cilantro Drop

Baked Farm-Raised Organic Chicken Breast
    Filled with Escarole, Raisins and Pine Nuts on Wild Rice with a Red Wine reduction

Wild Mushroom filled Pasta in a Vegetable Broth
    Topped with Watercress, Shaved Parmesan Cheese and a Paprika Oil Drizzle
    Never argue with stupid people. They just drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.
    I will believe it is a crisis when the people claiming it is a crisis start acting like it is a crisis.
    I prefer to let George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intended.

2. # ADS

MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

Here are the menus from the Enchanted Garden and Pirates Night. Remy and Palo will be coming soon.

---------------------------------------------------
    Enchanted Garden

Appetizers

Ahi Tuna and Avocado Tower
    With Crispy Noodles and Wasabi Dressing

Golden and Red Beet Carpaccio
    Seasoned with Celtic Salt and a Ginger, Garlic and Rice Wine Vinaigrette

North Atlantic Lobster Ravioli
    With Roasted Garlic and Sweet Basil in a light Tomato Broth

Thyme and Garlic Brioche
    Filled with Chanterelle, Hedgehog and Black Trumpet Mushrooms and Leek Stew in a light Buttermilk Cream
    Soups and Salads
    Duck Consomm
    With Julienne of Carrots, Napa Cabbages and Shitake Mushrooms

Curried Carrot and Apple Soup
    Garnished with Yogurt Drizzle and Carrot Curls

Romaine Wedge
    Fresh Crisp Romaine topped with a Creamy Romano Dressing and Homemade Spiced Croutons

Baby Spinach Salad
    Tender Spinach tossed with fresh sliced Seasonal Pears, Toasted Pine Nuts, and Crumbled Gorgonzola
    Main Courses
    Caramelized Sea Scallops
    With Roasted Asparagus, Sun-dried Tomatoes, and Pearl Pasta, garnished with Caramelized Leeks and Veal Jus Reduction

Pearl-Barley Cakes with Shallots, Leaks, and Rosemary
    Over sauted Julienne of Carrots, Root Celery and Leeks with a light Saffron Sauce

Roasted Pork Tenderloin seasoned with Smoked Salt
    Citrus flavored Polenta Cakes and Oven Roasted Carrots, Parsnips and caramelized Granny Smith Apples

Enchanted Garden Tuna Salad
    Sushi Grade seared Tuna on Organic Field Greens, Micro Greens, Wakame and Squid Salad, Sesame Seeds and White Shoyu and Lemon Vinaigrette

Pan-seared Sea Bass
    With Saffron and Fennel Risotto with a Sweet Chili Glaze

Glazed Portobello Mushrooms
    With Brown Lentil and Parsley Sauce and Sun-dried Tomato Cream Drizzle

Marjoram Scented Organic Chicken
    Half a Chicken served with Baked Sweet Potatoes and Sauted Baby Spinach

Grilled NY Strip Steak
    Thyme Roasted Vegetables, Double-baked Potato topped with handmade Herb Butter
    Pirates in the Caribbean

Appetizers
    Black Beard's Jumbo Crab Cake
    With a Golden Raisin-Carrot and Coconut Slaw served with a spicy Calypso Dressing

Pirates Golden Pot Stickers
    Oriental Pork Dumplings deep fried and served with a Tamarind-Ginger Soy Sauce and Pickled Vegetables

Buccaneer's Sun-Ripened Pineapple
    Fresh island Pineapple with a Coconut covered Banana and Orange Glaze

Pearls of the Caribbean
    Crabmeat, Shrimp, and Salmon mixed in pearls of Couscous with Lemongrass infused Vinaigrette
    Soups and Salads
    Chilled-to-the-Bone Honeydew Melon and Watermelon Soup

Caribbean-style Conch Chowder
    With Sherry, Sweet Peppers, Onions, Tomatoes, Thyme and garnished with diced Potatoes and crispy Bacon Bits

Jerk Chicken Salad
    Jerk-seasoned Chicken Strips over fresh crispy Greens with a Citrus dressing and Plantain Chips

Mr. Smee's Bibb Lettuce Salad
    With Bibb Lettuce, Baby Greens, Chicory, Tomatoes, Toasted Pine Nuts, and Raspberry Vinaigrette
    Main Courses
    Castaway Chicken Breast
    Rubbed with Pirate Island Spice, Rice and Beans, and Fried Okra on a rich Spiced Glaze

Jolly Rogers Barbecue Rib Salad
    Shredded Cabbage, Carrots, and Corn mixed with Romaine Leaves and fresh Parsley with a spicy Baked Bean Dressing

Treasure-of-the-Seas Grilled Shrimp and Seared Scallops
    Served on strings of Pasta and fresh creamy Tomato Sauce

Jack Sparrow's Barbecue Marinated Beef Short Ribs
    Rubbed Beef Short Ribs with Tamarind-Barbecue Sauce served with Onion Red Bliss Mashed Potatoes and Plantain Chip

Sunken Vegetable Treasure
    Black-eyed Pea and Quinoa Croquettes with a Mushroom Sauce

Captain Hook's Macadamia Nut-Dusted Mahi Mahi
    Jasmine Rice and Sauted Pineapple on a mild Curry Sauce

Dutchmen's Dijon-Crusted Sirloin of Beef
    Thick cut of Beef with Oven-roasted Sweet Potatoes and a Black Spot Tomato with a deep Red Wine Glaze

Tiger Lilies Savor Pancakes
    Stuffed with Tofu, Spinach, and lashed to the deck on a pool of Pepper Coulis
    Never argue with stupid people. They just drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.
    I will believe it is a crisis when the people claiming it is a crisis start acting like it is a crisis.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow.... mouth started watering just reading the menus. That looks fab!

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Blog Entries

The dishes I had:

Sesame-flavored Rock Shrimp and Caramelized Onion Cheesecake With Asian Barbecue Sauce and topped with Micro Greens - This was not very good at all.

Wild Mushroom Risotto and Porcini Twist Served with Parmigiano-Reggiano - This was very good though it suffered in comparison a bit since the risotto I'd had at Palo the night before was better.

Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes Pasta filled with Truffle scented Cheese and coated with a delicate Champagne sauce - Very good.

White Shrimp Pennette Pasta Tossed with a Basil and Reggiano Parmesan Cheese Sauce and topped with a Parmesan Cheese Wafer - This was good but not remarkable. Macaroni Grill quality.

Castaway Chicken Breast Rubbed with Pirate Island Spice, Rice and Beans, and Fried Okra on a rich Spiced Glaze - Nothing objectionable but while Pirate Island's exact location is unknown it is revealed that their spice hasn't much in the way of flavor.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh, the onion cheesecake looked the most interesting too me. Sorry it wasn't very good.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Blog Entries

"Not very good" being a somewhat relative thing. It was edible and I ate it all because it was in front of me and small, but I'd not order it again.

CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC Toocherie's Avatar

Question for you very experienced Disney cruisers--is there a "no substitution " policy or can/will they make changes to the dishes? for example, one of the dishes above is Sea Scallops -- which I love-- but it comes with asparagus--which I loathe. Just about any other veggie would be fine. Can/will they substitute the asparagus with something that is on one of the other plates that night?

My recollection from other cruise lines is that they can and will do this--in fact, they were eager to do so. On the two-day Wonder cruise, however, I indicated to my waiter that I didn't like asparagus and could they substitute something, he seemed to say ok, and then when the dish arrived they had just left off any veggie!

Thoughts appreciated.

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Sorry, I wouldn't know. I loved the scallops AND the asparagus. Yum!

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toocherie View Post
    Question for you very experienced Disney cruisers--is there a "no substitution " policy or can/will they make changes to the dishes?
    What I can tell you from my experience is that they will do whatever they can to accommodate your wants and needs. This can even include bringing over a dish from one of the other restaurants if you would like. (So I have been told from those with 1st hand experiences.)

So a simple veggie substitution should be no problem.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Question for you very experienced Disney cruisers--is there a "no substitution " policy or can/will they make changes to the dishes?
    They will absolutely make substitutions for you. Just ask. If the kitchen has the ingredients, they will add pretty much anything you ask for.

That being said, sometimes, when requesting a substitution, they will instead bring both items. For example, the scallops might still come with the asparagus, but then a side dish might come for a requested sub of sauteed spinach. When they are trying to serve 700 people four courses in ~90 minutes, and most of the proteins are cooked a la minute, it can be easier for them to plate the dish normally, and then do a side dish for the other item.

CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC Toocherie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    That being said, sometimes, when requesting a substitution, they will instead bring both items. For example, the scallops might still come with the asparagus, but then a side dish might come for a requested sub of sauteed spinach. When they are trying to serve 700 people four courses in ~90 minutes, and most of the proteins are cooked a la minute, it can be easier for them to plate the dish normally, and then do a side dish for the other item.
    And that would be fine. In fact, I had someone tell me once that they were on a Disney ship during Hannukah and made a comment about wanting latkes, and the waiter actually found a chef who knew how to make them and they brought them out to my friend! So I was surprised it seemed to be a big deal that I didn't want asparagus--and that they just left it off and didn't substitute something else. I don't mind it on my plate (someone else in my party would eat it)--I just thought it weird that they didn't bring out an alternative--even if on a different plate.
    "Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Blog Entries
    and made a comment about wanting latkes, and the waiter actually found a chef who knew how to make them and they brought them out to my friend
    But you have to be careful. When special things like that are requested there is a not insignificant chance that what is delivered will be far from what was intended.

I just thought it weird that they didn't bring out an alternative--even if on a different plate.
    It probably wasn't an issue so much as an oversight. Did you mention it to your server? If not, and you had I'm sure s/he would have quickly set it right.

And that would be fine. In fact, I had someone tell me once that they were on a Disney ship during Hannukah and made a comment about wanting latkes, and the waiter actually found a chef who knew how to make them and they brought them out to my friend!
    That impresses me! I think I might have to take a Disney Cruise during Hanukkah! lol (I LOVE latkes!)
    Siggy aka Jill