Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Ragrobyn goes to Disneyland Paris October 2010 - 1 day only Part 1

Ragrobyn goes to Disneyland Paris October 2010 - 1 day only Part 1

Ragrobyn's very first trip to Disneyland Paris!

Cast of Characters:
    Me (Ragrobyn) 43 - Disney Pro
    Mr. Rag 57 - Disney Pro
    Genetic Offspring 14 - Disney Pro
    ChatterBox 12 - Disney Pro

Travel Date: October 9, 2010

Travel Method: Paris Metro

We had only one day to spend in Paris.
    The real reason I only spent one full day in Paris was... I wanted to go to DISNEYLAND! Spending all day in Paris was wonderful and I made the most of it, I really did! It has always been a dream of mine to Visit all the Disney Parks world wide. Now I have been to 3 of them!

Last spring my mom suggested we go and visit her, dad for a week while they were traveling around Europe. I thought this was a great opportunity for the offspring. I know Mr. Rags and I could not have been able to do this without their help and support, so thanks Mom and Dad! We spent hours looking a maps and a made a list of things we MUST do. Disneyland Paris was on my list. I was willing to spend only a single day there. I am an experienced Disney Traveler. I know the other parks like the back of my hand. Therefore I was confident I could see Disneyland Paris in a single day. I could plan a day that would be memorable. I was ready. Life experience taught me what to ask, what I needed to know and where I would find the answers to my questions. Bring it...

Our last day in Paris, we had breakfast in the hotel with my parents. Kissed them good-bye, and walked to the Metro station 2 blocks away. We boarded the train heading in the opposite direction of every other commuter, who were heading into Paris proper. Two stops and we were there. Climbing out of the Metro and into, what would be known as the Esplanade in Disneyland, CA, we followed the hoards of Cast Members as we ready ourselves for rope drop. If there is one thing I know, be early for the opening or miss out on short lines. I was prepared. I couldn't wait to start!

Around the corner, we saw the first glimpse... The Disneyland Hotel which could only mean one thing, we were at the gate.

Walking up to the hotel was very exciting. The Entrance to Disneyland in Paris looks nothing like it's sister parks in the United States. The big reveal takes a while. Through the ticket booth, up to the turnstile and across an open walkway and finally you are at the tunnel. The Tunnel is in the sister parks too. The train travels over head. In the other parks I went to there is only two choices, left tunnel or right tunnel with a sign over hear that reads : Here you leave today and enter a world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy. I looked for a similar sign and could find it. It must have one. That was the first thing I noticed was different, that and THREE tunnels to choose from.When we travel to the parks, we take turns deciding which tunnel to go through. I prefer entering the park on the right and leaving on the left. Here in Paris, we threw caution to the wind and went in the center tunnel! Crazy and shocking, I know! Thrilling none the less.

My first glimpse of Main Street, There was a gazebo where the American Flag stands in the States. I understand why the flag was not there. The Gazebo was charming all dolled up for Halloween. I looked for the Fire Hall... To my extreme disappointment, there was a store in it's place. There was no apartment overhead, no light in the window, no sign of Walt Disney. Maybe that is why the spark was not the same. I sent the children off to get photos with Characters before the rope drop, while I went to City Hall to make dinner reservations. By the time I found them, they were disheveled and flustered because here in Paris, guests do not queue up for pictures and autographs. They channel their inner hockey players, hoist their elbows up and force their way to the front. For a couple of Canadian kids, this concept felt rude and unappealing. No autographs this trip. Secretly I was relieved, this meant more time for rides and details! YAY! Score one for the mom!

As we walked closer towards Main Street, I noticed the Castle drawing me in. She was beautiful and more spectacular than the other two castles I have loved before. It was hard for me to pull my eyes away and discover the details that surrounded me on Main Street. Windows on Main Street traditionally are painted with names of Disney builders, and imagineers, these windows did not disappoint. Except they are sparse in comparison. The street is wide and gives you that "walking down the red carpet" feeling Walt had wanted for the other two parks. By this time I was so excited to get to the castle I could barely contain myself! I wanted to see the Partners Statue and compare it to the others. We passed Casey's Corner, and Gibson Girls Ice Cream Parlor, saw a shop that gave a nod to Lilly Disney - that thrilled me. All I could think was, I am walking right down Main Street in Paris with my family, Lucky me!

Off we went to find the rope and join the masses for rope drop. We reached the "hub" and noticed no Partners Statue! WHAT THE...? It was later when I discovered it was at the Studios, a separate park - WRONG WRONG WRONG! But WHATEVER, it's not my park, I understand you can put it wherever you like Michael Eisner, maybe that is why you don't work there any more....poor decisions. The Castle up close and personal, amazed me with the scope and grandeur. I fell in love with my 3rd Castle. Although I think she is my favorite.

We had time to listen to the Main Street Loop music that is piped in. It really adds to the magical feeling in the park. Listening and singing while we waited in Frontierland for the rope to drop and our brand new Disney Adventure to begin!

Adventures in Frontierland coming soon...
    To See Pictures of Main Street and the Castle visit here

"First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins

2. # ADS

Frontierland

Our early morning adventure in Paris was about to begin and we stood with the crowd waiting for the rope to drop at the entrance of Frontierland. I knew BTMRR was waiting for me. I knew it was vastly different from the other parks, I couldn't wait to try it out! As the cast members dropped the rope and alowed us to enter the land, I was taking in the detail of the the place. I had been to Walt Disney World in August when the Halloween Decorations went up. I found that to be fun and exciting. Nothing had prepared me for the amount of thematic decorations placed all over Disneyland Paris. There were pumpkin people every where, I must admit, I loved the attention to detail! I was caught up in looking at all the amazing little things before I realized I was at Phantom Manor. It's equivalent is Haunted Mansion in the sister parks in the states. Phantom Manor sat on the hill over looking Frontierland. It had an air about it not unlike the home next to the Bates Motel. It LOOKED spooky and creepy.

The queue was particularly well themed with nifty little details that rocked my world. My family was walking fast up the hill while I was quickly snapping photos along the way. We were in a time crunch and wanted to see everything, but how I WISH I could have lingered just a bit longer to take in the surroundings! As we entered the Manor, the spiel was given to us about not getting out alive, just like the other parks. Only it was in two languages, quite comfortable really for Canadians who are use to everything being duel languages, it felt oddly home like. Away we were wisked to the Doom Buggies and on our first Disneyland Paris Adventure! The ride did not disapoint! The order was different from the American Parks but the story was very similar, Madame Leota's voice was french and didn't not sound even remotely the smae, but I loved it just the same.

After the ride we wandered down the path to the cemetery to take in the hilarity of the tombstones. A very western theme was present. It gave the impression that America is all about the wild west. The views from the cemetery were really spectacular, showing off the sites and sounds of the Mark Twain. We took a bit of time to soak it all in, when we should have been hightailing it to BTMRR!! It was a Saturday with the first sunshine Paris had seen in a while, the park was getting busy! So we made our way to BTMRR and looked at the stand-by time, 10 minutes! YAY! That is barely a wait at all. My general rule of thumb is if it is longer than 20 minutes stand-by then get a fastpass! So away we went! Within moments we realized the Stand-by LIED! It LIED to my face! We ended up waiting about 30 minutes, not cool Stand-by! Did it really matter? it did a little, it took away from other rides in the afternoon. But in the big picture, BTMRR was super fun! It was mor intense than it's sister coasters. Traveling under the water to get to the island was a fun experience. Didi I like the ride itself? You Betcha! It did disappoint me to see all the garbage in the queue and the way people would just toss stuff on the props as if it was a landfill. Use the Garbage People! Disney provides one every 20 feet for your OWN personal use! Take advantage of it please!!!

Two rides in before lunch, similar yet different from the rides from the sister parks. Secretly, I think they are better.

"First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins

Loving your one day visit. We are doing the same in April. Can't wait to hear more.

Last edited by tinkandsnowmum; 02-05-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    Live for today!
    If I'm not being good, I am being good at it!
    Disneyland 1985, 1991, 2007
    Disneyland Paris 2011
    Next trip Aulani and Disneyland Dec 2011