Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Any ECV Recommendations for the D23 Expo?

Smile Any ECV Recommendations for the D23 Expo?

Since my hubby and I will be attending the D23 Expo this year and I'm usually in a wheelchair for times like that, we were thinking it would be easier on both of us to rent an ECV for me, for the time we'll be at the event.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what company to use for an ECV that can be delivered/picked up to/from the Hilton where we'll be staying?

We'd like to get some recommendations from those who've used whatever companies are in the area and have been happy with their service, since we haven't rented an ECV there before.

Karen W2

2. # ADS

Blog Entries

Deckert's Surgical. 714-542-5607. I use them exclusively. They are very helpful and the only time I had a problem with the scooter, they were out immediately (within an hour) with a new one.

Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Deckert's Surgical. 714-542-5607 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting714-542-5607end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting714-542-5607end_of_the_skype_highlighting. I use them exclusively. They are very helpful and the only time I had a problem with the scooter, they were out immediately (within an hour) with a new one.
    I, too, use them exclusively based on Malcon10t's recommendation. Malcon, was your problem after hours? I had a problem on Friday (ECV died on me, even when I charged it all night). It happened to me after hours, but I was staying at Grand Californian, and luckily, they had another scooter on hand from Deckert's and traded it with me. Other than that, I have had great luck and service with Deckert's.
    Siggy aka Jill

CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC Toocherie's Avatar

And I use OC Medical exclusively--714 956 4690

They have a location right across the street from what used to be in the main entrance on Harbor called "Scooter Village" and they are open all park hours (and a bit later than closing so people who are returning scooters directly to them can get there after closing).

They also deliver to all hotels.

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
    I, too, use them exclusively based on Malcon10t's recommendation. Malcon, was your problem after hours? I had a problem on Friday (ECV died on me, even when I charged it all night). It happened to me after hours, but I was staying at Grand Californian, and luckily, they had another scooter on hand from Deckert's and traded it with me. Other than that, I have had great luck and service with Deckert's.
    One time I had a problem was Christmas Eve, and despite my saying "Don't worry about it til the 26th", they came out within an hour and replaced the unit. Even after hours, they usually have someone answering the phone number on the paperwork they give you in case of problems.

I've used OC Medical also.

Smile Thanks to all who've commented so far!

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my post so far, I'm passing the info onto my hubby, so he can contact the companies and see what he can find out.

We've only had 1 scooter experience and that was in WDW, using a company recommended to us by our travel agent. We got a scooter that apparently wasn't charged up all the way when they gave it to us (even tho they assured us it was), since even tho we charged it overnight and at every chance we got to during the day, it ran out of "juice" twice!

The first time was at night, when we were at Disney Studios and it was pouring down rain! We called and told them about it, but they didn't do anything for us. We asked a CM where the nearest charging outlet was and we used the rest of the time we would've enjoyed in the park, recharging it with just enough "juice" to get us out of the park, onto the bus and back to our room.

We charged it all night and were definitely disappointed when it again ran out, while we were in Animal Kingdom the next day! We called them again, explained they did nothing for us the night before and it had again run out, and this time they did replace the scooter, but it took them a couple of hours for them to get it to us, so we had no time left to enjoy the park when the new one came, we had to leave immediately, to get to our dinner ADR and we barely made it in time.

This company charged us for the full rental when they dropped the scooter off and they didn't give us any kind of credit after they picked it up, so it was very disappointing and we wouldn't use that company again.

I'm hoping we have a better scooter experience this time!

Last edited by KarenW2; 02-10-2011 at 01:41 AM.
    Karen W2

One time I had a problem was Christmas Eve, and despite my saying "Don't worry about it til the 26th", they came out within an hour and replaced the unit. Even after hours, they usually have someone answering the phone number on the paperwork they give you in case of problems.

I've used OC Medical also.
    That is wonderful service. The gal at Guest Services called and did not get anyone on the line. I was lucky that the hotel had another one available. But it is good to know for future reference.
    Siggy aka Jill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
    That is wonderful service. The gal at Guest Services called and did not get anyone on the line. I was lucky that the hotel had another one available. But it is good to know for future reference.
    If you call and get their answering service, just leave a message, they will call back.

If you call and get their answering service, just leave a message, they will call back.
    Thank you.
    Siggy aka Jill