Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Buses in the Early Morning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Buses in the Early Morning

We are going to Disneyworld for the last two weeks of December for our first trip. I know it is the worst time to go but we had no choice. Magic Hours are 7-8 at most of the parks. How early do the Buses start running in the early morning during peak times. We are staying at the Caribbean and I would like to arrive at 6:30 to take advantage of magic hours but everything I read says that the buses run one hour before the parks open...is that the regular opening or the magic hours opening. I don't want to make my boys get out the door at 6am and then stand around waiting for a bus that won't come until 7. HELP!

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is correct that they do start running about an hour before park opening, which does include accommodating parks with morning EMH. If you walk out the door around 6AM, you should be able to be at the EMH park before rope drop without a problem.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

I wouldn't say that the last 2 weeks of December are the worst time to go at all. They are the most crowded, but it's really a beautiful time to visit other than that. Agreeable weather, and Christmas stuff in every park and hotel. You're gonna have a blast!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Thanks

Thanks...I am excited to go at Christmas...I used to go to Disneyland every year on Christmas Day as a kid and this will be a first for my kids.

Quote Originally Posted by smartblond View Post
    We are going to Disneyworld for the last two weeks of December ....
    Just remember (yeah, this is a pet peeve of mine ), it's "Walt Disney World," not "Disneyworld" .. It was re-named from Disney World to Walt Disney World, to pay tribute to the world's greatest dreamer, and to further highlight that it WAS Walt's vision that led to the creation of the "Florida Project." It wasn't just some corporate decision.

You'll have a great time !!!
    "Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!" -- Donald Duck

Quote Originally Posted by Greg in TN View Post
    Just remember (yeah, this is a pet peeve of mine ), it's "Walt Disney World," not "Disneyworld"
    Well, as most folks around here know, I am the KING of pet peeves. But while I can understand your problem with the above, I think Disney World is really a valid popular name. Disney even uses it in advertising, so if they can say it that way we can say it that way.

Now, when someone talks about going the Epcot one day and Disney World the next, when they really mean the Magic Kingdom - now there's a pet peeve of mine!
    - James Taylor

Visiting WDW Since 1982

Actually, Dan, I figured that WAS you with a pseudonym!

Stan

Hey, I don't need to hide behind pseudonyms to be a cranky pants curmudgeon!!!

- James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Hey, I don't need to hide behind pseudonyms to be a cranky pants curmudgeon!!!
    So, does that mean you're calling ME a cranky pants curmudgeon ?!?

About some things, yeah, you're right
    "Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!" -- Donald Duck

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Greg, I'm just happy when people use World or Land!

Quote Originally Posted by smartblond View Post
    We are going to Disneyworld for the last two weeks of December for our first trip. I know it is the worst time to go but we had no choice.
    See you there, we're also visiting for the last 2 weeks of the year. It will be fine. Get up early then escape. I can't wait! I have never been for Christmas before where the EMH are earlier, but we have successfully survived Easter using Disney transportation for morning EMH. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

We are all night owls anyways so I think evening EMHs work for us even after we do adjust to the time change. We usually close down the parks at DL after rope drop and an afternoon break.

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    We are all night owls anyways so I think evening EMHs work for us even after we do adjust to the time change. We usually close down the parks at DL after rope drop and an afternoon break.
    And yet again, families are so different. You just have to do what works for you. See, my family has NEVER closed the park down.ever.
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

I read this entire thread, yet still have a question. Ok, I have a 7:45am Breakfast reservation @ GF cafe on Jan 4th ( before our wedding planning appointment ahhhh ) Now Magic opens @9am that day with no Magic hours. When will the first bus come to CSR ( or any resort at that)? Everyone on here, as well as books, say 2 hours prior. Which would be 7am? Is that cutting it close? To get from CSR to Magic and on a Monorail to GF in 45 mind? I THINK SO... what other options, besides a cab, do I have? Epcot has early hours (8am,) that's a lot of transferring though. Is that my only option, or perhaps buses may come to the resorts a little earlier than 2 hours out?

**Kristin**
    You just have to have it in you... the MAGIC*

Blog Entries

When there are early 'in park' character meal ADRs, the buses can run sooner than advertised, but you'd have to check with guest services at CSR to find out for sure.

Personally, I'd just take a cab. Less than $20 including tip. And you're not all frazzled from rushing and transferring and hoping the monorail or bus gets there soon.

Cathy

You really think it would be less than 20$ with tip? Because I went to the boardwalk from Music, last week, and it was 9$ and then i gave tip. If that's the case, I'm down. I was going to ask Guest services, but checking with my professionals over here.

**Kristin**

Blog Entries

I think there are very few places on site that are more than $20 with tip. Mears has a taxi fare calculator on their website (or they used to) if you mapquest the directions to get the distance, etc, if you want to be more certain.

Cathy

Thanks guys for your input.. I am going to ask guest services when I first get there, to see their suggestions.

thanks!

**Kristin**

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree with Drince. Can you make it if you get the first bus to the MK? (Maybe getting to the bus stop around 6:45?) Maybe. But you must be patient and know that once you get to the MK, you will still have to take the monorail to the GF. Chances are, you are going to be be a little later than 7:45. And thats ok too, because they will most likely give you at least 10 mins of lead time.

To bypass the stress, follow Drince's sugguestion - get a cab. But still plan on walking out the door of your room around 7AM.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!