Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: That's My Opinion: Which Disney Park Celebrates Christmas Best?

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

That's My Opinion: Which Disney Park Celebrates Christmas Best?

Which Disney Park Celebrates Christmas Best? by Jeff Kober

If you only had one park you could visit during the holidays, which would it be?

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jeff, I was disappointed that you didn't mention one of my favorite parts of Christmas at Epcot - the Storytellers.

For me, it really moves that park farther up the list.

It's been a while since I was in California during holiday season (so far back, that they didn't start the holiday parade until Thanksgiving - what a concept!), even then it was a lot of fun, and aside from Main Street, I do agree that the MK decor is greatly lacking.

Cathy

Out of this world for Disney DwarfPlanet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have to agree with DL being number one. We love going there (DW and I) for Christmas. I know you can only put so much in here for pictures but DL ToonTown is another land that is just overflowing with decorations plus my wife loves seeing Goofy as Santa there.

"Although we think it's DOPEY that Pluto has been downgraded to a dwarf planet, which has made some people GRUMPY and others just SLEEPY, we are not BASHFUL in saying we would be HAPPY if Disney's Pluto would join us as an 8th dwarf. We think this is just what the DOC ordered and is nothing to SNEEZE at."

I, too, am disappointed that Epcot was not in the top spot. I know the Lights of Winter are down (which I loved to walk through), but they still have the giant Christmas tree with the international ornaments, every land has a Christmas story teller, the Liberty Voices do a Christmas set each time, the Candlelight Processional, and the Christmas version of Illuminations. All of that plus the Christmas topiaries at the entrance make Epcot the best for me.

As far as Disneyland goes, it's good, but I honestly do NOT like the Haunted Mansion overlay. But that stems from my disgust for the "Nightmare" film - that movie is like pure rotten for me (like most of Burton's films).

Response

I have to admit that I find the Storytellers a tad lame, though they do have tenure. What I really failed to mention was the fantastic holiday ending to Illuminations. I am remiss not to mention it.

I also didn't get a chance to take Christmas photos of Toon Town at Disneyland. I agree that they make the DL option all the more #1.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

With the storytellers, it's SOOO dependent on their acting/storytelling abilities. The first year I saw any, I had heard grand reviews about the Monkey King story in China, so I made sure to hit that one. The storyteller was a dud. The next time, I did give them another chance, and it was MUCH more enjoyable.

Fortunately the countries where I've heard 'not so good storytellers' were in countries where the physical type wasn't as crucial, and so it was likely easier for Disney to make a change (or maybe the person I saw was the 'backup'). Canada, France, England, and Norway, for example, REALLY need a specific physical type that may/may not be hard to find in a great storyteller. But those guys and gal have all been spot on, for me.

But I also don't get to go in December every year. I'd probably get tired of them after a while.

Cathy