Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tearing down Sleeping beauty castle.

Tearing down Sleeping beauty castle.

ok so i may be burned at the stake for even thinking this but, does anyone think disney would be crazy/stupid enough to tear down Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland, CA and rebuild it.

make it larger. making space for a dungun with a dragon and a resturaunt and dream suite on top and maybe an attraction ?

I'm not saying they should because i love it just the way it is, and since its the orignal, its like a treasured landmark. but you think they would even think of it lol.

again not saying they should or that i even want them too, but our castle does look a bit dinky compared to some of the other towering monsters they got built around the world, Hong Kong excluded lol

Ps. sorry bout the Title lol i just wanted to know everyones opinions and not many people read let alone post on here lol

2. # ADS

April Fools Day isn't for another 3 1/2 months.

Last edited by Rufus T Firefly; 11-17-2010 at 08:53 PM. Reason: misspell
    Say the secret word.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus T Firefly View Post
    April Fools Day isn't for another 3 1/2 months.
    Like!
    Siggy aka Jill

Quote Originally Posted by Mansion101 View Post
    i love it just the way it is, and since its the orignal, its like a treasured landmark.
    Exactly. It should NOT be rebuilt, its great the way it is. Its the original in Walt's original park.
    Any true Disneyland fan would agree. Disneyland deserves respect, not ridicule.

And no, Disney would NOT ever dare rebuilt the castle. (Unless of course there were some horrible natural disaster that destroyed it, but that is highly unlikely.)

Quite frankly, I'm shocked that you would actually pose such a question.

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Beside the Castle already has an attraction in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandfanguy View Post
    Exactly. It should NOT be rebuilt, its great the way it is. Its the original in Walt's original park.
    Any true Disneyland fan would agree. Disneyland deserves respect, not ridicule.

And no, Disney would NOT ever dare rebuilt the castle. (Unless of course there were some horrible natural disaster that destroyed it, but that is highly unlikely.)

Quite frankly, I'm shocked that you would actually pose such a question.
    i posted it because i heard from a cast member that TDA considered it for the 50th

Just more trolling for attention.

? attention ? it was an honest question lol i really wanna know what people think. whats your problem grandpa

Well, let's see.

It is the original castle that Walt built.

I think Walt Disney World and the rest of the theme parks have built the great big castles already

But most important....a BIG castle like those wouldn't FIT in Disneyland. It would be TOO big. You would then have to make the Matterhorn bigger and then move the Subs over a bit and then make MAIN ST. BIGGER....and then you would have to re-route the train and then you would have to move DCA entrance back and then BUENA VISTA St. would need to pushed back and then the PARADISE PIER would need to be moved back where the hotels are....and oh my....I think I've gone quite Mad....

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa Louie View Post
    You said it, Grandpa!

Disneyland's castle is classic and fine. End of story.

If the castle was made any larger it would disproportionalize the rest of fantasyland, and there is no space underneath it for anything. Not to mention the outrage such a project would cause from Disney fanboys.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansion101 View Post
    i posted it because i heard from a cast member that TDA considered it for the 50th
    that was not what was considered for the 50th. what they were considering was making the drawbridge work. however, to do that they would have to make enough engineering changes and fixes that, surprise, they would have had to rebuild portions of it to comply with the ADA and that would, in a sense, mean they would be building it out - which killed the idea in the first place. too much money and too much effort for minimal return to comply with the state and federal laws.

to me - it's another case of a CM not having all the facts and trying to fill in the gaps...
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

This gets the award for odd question of the month.

Cant be too mad at the OP, though, I am still nursing my wounds from suggesting the fireworks are not that great and WOC is superior to fantasmic.

Of all the things Disney needs to fix and improve on, this aint one of them. I can think of several others to work on first...

1. Princes Fantasy Fair Theater, ummmm, do something with it! Not just on Sundays!
    2. Innoventions: Nothing to see here
    3. That big theater behind Big thunder mountain, do something there.
    4. Can we get some shade in the autopia que?
    5. MORE CORNDOG CARTS!
    6. Fix the WOC viewing area, fill in the lake under / in front of the bridge for an actual premium seating area like fantasmic
    7. Monrail station in DCA
    8. DCA entrance between PP and DCA
    9. FP for TSMM
    10. Build a bigger Peter Pan and two more Dumbo's

Thats just off the top of my head. I dont see any need to re-do the castle.

Please remember I am a guy. If you found anything in the above post offensive, I cannot help it. For more info, see Brad Paisley's "I'm just a guy."

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa Louie View Post
    Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    that was not what was considered for the 50th. what they were considering was making the drawbridge work.
    Ummm... I thought the drawbridge does work... It worked when then redid Fantasyland in the late 80's.
    Last edited by Malcon10t; 11-18-2010 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Fixed Quoting
    Churros anyone??

Snakes, why did it have to be snakes?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rfaljean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    that was not what was considered for the 50th. what they were considering was making the drawbridge work.
    Ummm... I thought the drawbridge does work... It worked when then redid Fantasyland in the late 80's.
    according to reports - as well as many postings on this pad way back when - the hinges and wood elements composing the drawbridge (not the bridge itself) were shot - and having to replace everything would have constituted enough of a change that the site would have had to comply with new requirements. so they tabled it.

Besides - 2005 is about 20 years after the 80s....
    Last edited by Malcon10t; 11-18-2010 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Fixed Quoting
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Wasn't the castle built the height it was for airport regs?

That said, as much as I love DL castle, I love love WDW's Castle. But that is just me.

Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

I think if there had to be one thing left alone is Disneyland it would have to be the castle.

Quote Originally Posted by GORGON View Post
    I think if there had to be one thing left alone is Disneyland it would have to be the castle.
    I'm with you. If it ever came to that (and I don't for a minute think it would), I suspect many of us would move beyond laying flowers at the entrance and chain ourselves to the castle.
    To all who come to this happy place...quit stepping on the back of my shoes!

grown-up child

I think the size of the castle fits the intimate size of Disneyland itself. I wouldn't want to see a larger castle either.

If anything, just raise the castle to make it more prominate. Something like DLP where their castle looks like it's on top of a hill. Just a thought...

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandfanguy View Post
    Exactly. It should NOT be rebuilt, its great the way it is.
    Yup. If you want to eat in a castle go to WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermommy View Post
    If it ever came to that (and I don't for a minute think it would), I suspect many of us would move beyond laying flowers at the entrance and chain ourselves to the castle.
    lol Would we also get the chance to mourn Pirates again? Maybe a "We remember you fondly" wreath?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CariBelle View Post
    Yup. If you want to eat in a castle go to WDW.

lol Would we also get the chance to mourn Pirates again? Maybe a "We remember you fondly" wreath?
    STORM THE CASTLE like Prince Phillip!

NO.

And that subject line nearly made me fall off my chair!

I read somewhere that they only lowered the drawbridge 1 time when Disneyland opened, a ceremony that opened Fantasyland. Does anyone know if the drawbridge has been replaced since then? But as for the original question, heck NO. It is one of the things that make Disneyland great. What next tear down the jungle on the Jungle Cruise ride, and redo the landscape?

GO PADRES