Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Disappointments [Disneyland response to stranded Carnival passengers]

Personally, any time I have a bad experience with any company, I expect Disney to give me the royal treatment. For example, Claimjumper meatloaf too cold = front of the line pass. Or, drycleaner looses your favorite blouse = free overnight stay at PP. Or, Domino's doesn't deliver in 30 minutes = free PAP.

I see a new marketing campaign developing.

2. # ADS

A big hug to you, Donaldquackers!

I can't even imagine what it was like to be on that cruise ship--talk about a vacation from hell. Then your friend thought that Disney was going to do something for you and urged you to go there.

I think you were still suffering the trauma of your cruise ship experience so it would have been hard to enjoy DLR anyway. The crowds were the last straw, I can see that. A place you love let you down. All the "logical people" on this board did not go through what you just did.

I lost the magic on my last trip and later found out I had a medical condition that caused a lot of my bad attitude on that trip. It didn't help that we went on the Summer Season opening week. I'm not going back until 2012 after Carsland is open for a while.

Hopefully you can put your bad experience behind you and enjoy your WDW trip. And maybe book another cruise at some later date.

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    Walt Disney

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greymouse View Post
    . All the "logical people" on this board did not go through what you just did.

You really dont have any idea what anyone on this board has or has not gone through. I choose not to post the majority of my personal struggles on here, because they are private and personal to me. If I did post them, I would be opening myself up to criticism, which is what comes from an internet message board. news flash news flash People may disagree with things you post, and if you post them, they have EVERY right to do so as long as its done within the guidelines of mousepad.

Going on a diatribe about Disney because of things 100% out of their control is out of line. We all felt for the OP, but his post went past compassion into a gimme gimme gimme situation.

Or perhaps Disney should offer the Chilean miners PAP's for life?

Please remember I am a guy. If you found anything in the above post offensive, I cannot help it. For more info, see Brad Paisley's "I'm just a guy."

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twindaddy View Post
    You really dont have any idea what anyone on this board has or has not gone through.
    I think the point was simply that none of us were on that cruise and therefore were not in the same frame of mind as the OP when they made their trip to Disneyland.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    I think the point was simply that none of us were on that cruise and therefore were not in the same frame of mind as the OP when they made their trip to Disneyland.

AVP
    I must disagree, AVP (funny how that rhymes). Using the quotes and that choice of words makes a specific point of calling out all the other members who have responded. Perhaps that was not their intent, or perhaps you have some personal knowledge of the poster that I do not. Or it could be the infamous fact that with any internet posting, you have to kinda read into someones inflection and tone, but I think the post was pretty clear. Of course none of us were on the spendor.

If I said something like...All of the "moderator type" people on here have no idea what AVP goes through...that kinda calls out people.

Just MHO, could be wrong.

Please remember I am a guy. If you found anything in the above post offensive, I cannot help it. For more info, see Brad Paisley's "I'm just a guy."

Quote Originally Posted by twindaddy View Post

Or perhaps Disney should offer the Chilean miners PAP's for life?
    Israel offered them a trip to Israel for Christmas, but the miners were asking to bring their whole family (as opposed to maybe a trip for 2 or immediate family) Be careful Disney-If you give a Chilean Miner a PAP for life, they might ask one for each of their family members too! (like "If you give a Mouse a cookie") lol
    Siggy aka Jill

Using the quotes and that choice of words makes a specific point of calling out all the other members who have responded. Perhaps that was not their intent, or perhaps you have some personal knowledge of the poster that I do not. Or it could be the infamous fact that with any internet posting, you have to kinda read into someones inflection and tone, but I think the post was pretty clear.
    I just thought some of the responses to the original poster were a little harsh considering what the OP went through. Most posters were correct in their assessment, but I felt sorry for the OPs predicament. I was trying to show support of the OPs feelings--that's all. Sorry if you didn't like my choice of words.

Besides, I don't know what's so bad about being a logical thinker, I spend most of my life in that mode when my emotions don't get in the way.
    When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    Walt Disney

Thank you Greymouse. I do not now or have I ever said any of this was Disn'eys fault. I was simply in a bad place, and went on the wrong day. I was wounded and went to
    Disney to heal. Because of my own lack of planning etc, my trip wasn't the best. I still made the best of the day and did things with my family to make them have a great day. All I was trying to say is that for the first time in my life I don't want to go to Disney today. I feel like I lost my best friend. I know it will come back some day. I do not want or expect anything from Disney. Go ahead and keep laughing at me if that makes you feel better and that is your right. Some day if I ever meet you, I will give you the shirt of my back and do my best to see that you have a wonderful day, as that is my nature. By the way, I came up with my user name because I love Donald Duck, and I am a female. .

Thumbs down

I'm sorry you all thought I was trying to get something I didn't deserve.

Yikes...that's not a real apology...very passive aggressive...

Quote Originally Posted by Greymouse View Post
    I just thought some of the responses to the original poster were a little harsh considering what the OP went through.
    I disagree.....I think the posters were firm but fair with their assessment to the OP. The OP seemed to be fishing for sympathy and everyone seems to be genuinely sympathetic towards his/hers situation with the Carnival Cruise Ship fire however the sympathy stops there, most MP's do not see how Disney owes this person any special treatment. If it was a Disney cruise ship then I am sure everybody's sentiment would be different.

I do empathize with the OP dilemma regarding the 9yr birthday getting ruined but once again this has nothing to do with Disney.
    Sometimes bad things happen to us ALL in waves (no pun intended) but really how bad can it be? You ended up going to DLR no matter how crowded it was you were still there is still at DL!

I surely hope the OP can realize that so the magic will be back when he/she goes to WDW
    "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans". - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by donaldquackers View Post
    I do not want or expect anything from Disney.
    They wouldn't do anything special for us other then give us a fastpass for 2 rides.
    Still trying to understand why they should have.

Disney has no responsibility to the Splendor!

I mean no disrespect, but I am not quite sure why you would think that Disney would give you extra special treatment just because you happened to be on the Splendor.

Disney has birthday buttons for anyone celebrating a birthday and if you tell your server at a sit-down restaurant that she had a birthday, they would have sang to her and brought a cupcake with a candle to celebrate.

Beyond that, what do you think Disney should have done for you? They don't own the Splendor. it is was not their fault the ship had problems and it WAS one of the busiest days of the year. Do you think you deserved preferential treatment over anyone else who paid to be there that day too? Just curious.

I am sorry that your cruise was a bust. I understand you get your money back and another cruise free of charge! Carnival is giving you that, they own the Splendor.That should be enough compensation, though mothing will really compensate a lost cruise with special things planned. I am sorry that happened to you and thousands of others!

I admit it, I AM a Disney GEEK!

Formerly SusiSlickerMouse

Quote Originally Posted by donaldquackers View Post
    I was simply in a bad place, and went on the wrong day. I was wounded and went to
    Disney to heal. Because of my own lack of planning etc, my trip wasn't the best. I still made the best of the day and did things with my family to make them have a great day. All I was trying to say is that for the first time in my life I don't want to go to Disney today. I feel like I lost my best friend.
    Ok, THIS I can understand. You just had the worst vacation ever, and all you wanted was an escape. Disney was that escape. But that escape was crowded and not as sympathetic as you had hoped. I get that. BUT, as pretty much everyone else has said, you shouldn't have EXPECTED any special treatment from Disney. I think you will be much happier on your future trip, as you will be in a much better place. Don't let this ruin the magic... really... just hold onto to the good times, and try to get past the bad times.

Quote Originally Posted by TRON View Post
    IYou ended up going to DLR no matter how crowded it was you were still there is still at DL!
    Exactly how I feel.