Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hojos, Carousel, or Candy Cane?

Hojos, Carousel, or Candy Cane?

We've narrowed our choices down to three. Hojos, Carousel Inn and Suites, or the Candy Cane Inn. At Hojo's we'd have a Disneyland facing room. The Carousel and Candy Cane would be a standard room. They are all close in price with Hojos being the cheapest. We are concerned with how close Candy Cane Inn is. It it a longer walk than Hojos? I would love to hear the pros and cons and which you would recommend. Thank you so much for your help!

2. # ADS

Blog Entries

I like all three. Room size goes to Hojo's. Closest to the park is Carousel. And Candy Cane has a private shuttle. Carousel and Hojo's both have fridges and microwaves, where the Candy Cane only has a fridge. Carousel and Candy Cane have a carb breakfast, with Candy Cane having the better one.

Walking distance from Hojo's and Candy Cane is the same, just opposite directions. Hojo's is across the street from Mimi's.

Hojo's and Candy Cane have free wifi, whereas Carousel has ATT hot spot if you have ATT. Otherwise, its $10 a day.

We usually pick according to price. But of the three, we would probably pick the Candy Cane. Our reason is different than most. We can get a ground floor room where we can take the pups right out. Or Hojo's, but we'd ask for the ground floor room in the double rooms.

Planning 3 trips at once...

we just got back from a 2 night stay at HoJo, LOVED IT! first time with a disney view, will always ask for the disney view now, I have stayed in the standard room and the freeway view room and the pool view room, the disney view in my opinion is the best! I have never stayed at the other two hotels you mention, you walk past the carousel inn on the way, it really is not that far of a walk.

I'm with Malcon10t, it's all about the price. We prefer the Candy Cane, didn't find the Carousel that appealing and they are normally about the same price. Lately however, it's been the Hojo's you cannot beat the AP rate and the kids love the water play area. I would go with whichever provides the best rate.

Disneyland IS the Happiest place on Earth!

Thanks for the feedback! We've never stayed at any of these. We usually stay at a Disney hotel but need to keep the price down this time. My main concern is that it's clean and not too far of a walk.

Of the three properties you mention, I have more die-hard Candy Cane Inn clients than the other two, but HoJos does have its fans. If you were going with little kids in summer, I'd give HoJos the nod because of its great waterpark area.

The Candy Cane Inn's private shuttle is a nice perk, especially at the end of the day. HoJos doesn't include a breakfast, so Candy Cane has the edge there too.

Mary@MasterpieceTravels.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by anjelah View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! We've never stayed at any of these. We usually stay at a Disney hotel but need to keep the price down this time. My main concern is that it's clean and not too far of a walk.
    How many people are in your party? And when are you going?

There will be three of us. Two adults and a 7 year old celebrating her 8th birthday. We are planning on the first week of March.

Blog Entries

If she is interested in the water area, then Hojo's all the way. Otherwise, I would narrow it down to Hojo's or Candy Cane, and go with the best price.

Blog Entries

How is the candy cane breakfast? Standard coffee, cereal, and danish?

Blog Entries

Its actually a few steps above the "cereal/coffee/danish" at the other area hotels. There are fresh bagels, a variety of breads for toasting, fresh fruits, muffins, coffee, juices, yogurt (I think), and of course danishes. The food is fresher and better quality than you get at the other Harbor/Katella motel breakfasts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Its actually a few steps above the "cereal/coffee/danish" at the other area hotels. There are fresh bagels, a variety of breads for toasting, fresh fruits, muffins, coffee, juices, yogurt (I think), and of course danishes. The food is fresher and better quality than you get at the other Harbor/Katella motel breakfasts.
    Great, thanks for the info mal. I might look into the candy cane if the hojo was booked, though the twins are pretty hooked on the hojo pool. I found the cont. Breakfast at the camelot to be terrible.

How is the candy cane pool?

Please remember I am a guy. If you found anything in the above post offensive, I cannot help it. For more info, see Brad Paisley's "I'm just a guy."

Have you thought of the Fairfield Inn? We love it!!

Sea Monkey has my money....Yes I'm a natural blue........~Finding Nemo~
    Oh.......I love to laugh.......loud and........long and.......clear!........~Mary Poppins~
    Disneyland: 78~81~82~84~86~93~95~99~07~08~08~08~10~10?

Any other Fairfield fans? It looks promising. We've decided against Carousel. So, Hojo's, Candy Cane, or Fairfield? Thanks so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by gotchalk View Post
    we just got back from a 2 night stay at HoJo, LOVED IT! first time with a disney view, will always ask for the disney view now, I have stayed in the standard room and the freeway view room and the pool view room, the disney view in my opinion is the best! I have never stayed at the other two hotels you mention, you walk past the carousel inn on the way, it really is not that far of a walk.
    I agree with gotchalk HOJO's is great we just came back from our second vist at HOJO the Disney view is the best we had the pool view room last time in buld 2 it was nice but the Disney view is better, the staff are great and the walk is easy we have a 2 year old and a 9 year old. Cant wait till our second honeymoon trip in April with a Disney view room.
    yoho yoho a pirates life for me

next trip to Disneyland July 8 2014

Blog Entries

We stay at the Fairfield most trips. But again, our reason is because we can ask for a ground floor room, where MDM can take the pups out close by. It isn't much closer than Hojo's since it sits so far back.

If we didn't have the dogs, my vote would probably be for the Hojo's premium room, so we could watch the fireworks from the balcony! We enjoyed it last time we did that.

Disney Loving Mommy

We've stayed at HoJo's and the Carousel Inn. I love HoJo's - inexpensive, clean, great kiddie pool...the only downside for me is the distance. It doesn't seem like much, but it's definitely farther than the Carousel. With little kids, we had to go back and forth a lot and this was much easier when staying at the Carousel. That said, when we did stay at Carousel, we stayed in the View Suite, which is huge. Their regular rooms aren't that great.

Thanks to the recommendations of fellow Padders, I did a 3-day stay at HoJo on Oct and loved it! Got a park view room that was very clean and comfortable. The walk was not the long haul that I had read about though. I exited the park area thru the bus rotunda area and made an immediate left. I walked on the west side of Harbor (not the east side) and crossed Harbor directly in front of the HoJo. This really shortened the walk time considerably.

Disneyland ~ Forever Close To My Heart ~

I love HoJo!! For me, the parking is key. I have a big SUV, and often my husband will meet us down there, so we may have 2 cars. We tried the carousel, but I called and they wouldn't let us have 2 cars parked.

How is parking at Candy Cane Inn?

Parking at CC is no problem at all, and no charge.

Personally I love CCI, we've stayed there the last 3 trips for as long as 9 days and I'm never in a hurry to leave on that last day! Comfy beds, nice staff, beautiful grounds!
    If you stay at the CCI and go down for breakfast, be on the lookout for Edd. He is a sweet little man who is all about 'all things Tink'. My daughters loved him and he truly made our holiday!

We've stayed at HOJO a few times too before we found CCI. I won't say anything about it because each hotel has its own merits, but I will say CCI is our FAVORITE!

Disneyland October 2005, January 2006, January 2007, January 2008, January 2010, February 2011 Disneyland and Mexican Riviera Cruise on the Disney Wonder, January 2012 Disneyland & DCL Mexican Riviera, February 2013 DCL Wonder B2B, February 2014 DCL Fantasy, February 2015 DCL Fantasy & WDW, February 2016 DCL Fantasy & WDW, May 2017 Disneyland, February 2018 Disneyland. Coming soon... February 2019 Disneyland

We love the Fairfield, just because it is reasonably priced and it's soooooo close! This last trip in October, I got SOAKED on Splash (I mean the most wet I've EVER got on this ride) and in 20 minutes round trip I went to the room, changed and was back in the park! It's so nice to be that close!
    We have reservations for HOJO right now (for this weekend actually)...is it clean? My Mom is picky (she won't stay at the Motel 6) about cleanliness, so be honest. It seems like you all love it, I got the AP discount, but is it nice and clean?

"If you can dream it, you can do it."
    "You can't run from trouble, there ain't no place that far."

I haven't had an issue with cleanliness at HoJo. Some of the stuff may seem dated, but definitely clean.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeygirlforever View Post
    We have reservations for HOJO right now (for this weekend actually)...is it clean? My Mom is picky (she won't stay at the Motel 6) about cleanliness, so be honest. It seems like you all love it, I got the AP discount, but is it nice and clean?
    It has always been very clean for us.

Great! This is exactly what I wanted to hear!! Thanks for the help again guys!!

"If you can dream it, you can do it."
    "You can't run from trouble, there ain't no place that far."

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeygirlforever View Post
    We love the Fairfield, just because it is reasonably priced and it's soooooo close! This last trip in October, I got SOAKED on Splash (I mean the most wet I've EVER got on this ride) and in 20 minutes round trip I went to the room, changed and was back in the park! It's so nice to be that close!

I was just looking at the hojo's blog and it looks like all of the AP rates for next year are gone .
    Disneyland IS the Happiest place on Earth!