Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Discovery Cove Food

Discovery Cove Food

Does anyone know what the breakfast and lunch options are at Discovery Cove? I'm pretty sure I've read these meals are included in the price of the ticket but I can't find any menus. We will be here for Christmas day this year.

Usually I make a big deal of Christmas day breakfast, lunch and tea and the children have started to ask what they will be getting this year and I don't know

We're going to 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian for tea. I thought the children would get a kick out of the Ugly Sisters I will get a kick out of the posh hotel for Christmas day

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    Does anyone know what the breakfast and lunch options are at Discovery Cove? I'm pretty sure I've read these meals are included in the price of the ticket but I can't find any menus. We will be here for Christmas day this year.

Usually I make a big deal of Christmas day breakfast, lunch and tea and the children have started to ask what they will be getting this year and I don't know

We're going to 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian for tea. I thought the children would get a kick out of the Ugly Sisters I will get a kick out of the posh hotel for Christmas day
    Breakfast is in my opinion a bit lacking. It was mostly donuts, pastries and fruit. If you are looking for more eat breakfast else where. Lunch was much better. Things like grilled chicken and veggies, stir-fry, grilled salmon, diffrent salads. There is also chicken fingers, burgers and hot dogs if that is more your taste. The food at lunch was pretty good. All food and beverages (even adult beverages) are included with addmission. This goes for snacks as well which are mostly chips, cookies and ice cream.

Another thing to keep in mind is the time you check in at the gate will play a huge part as to what time you are given for your dolphin swim. If you want to leave early in the afternoon get to the park early. Otherwise you will risk getting a late in the day dolphin swim time.

Enjoy, what a special way to spend Christmas day.

Mily

Thanks Mily. I'm relieved we won't have to eat burgers and fries for Christmas dinner. Will try to arrive for 8am, or do you think earlier? GF ADR is for 8pm but I'd like a couple of hours back at POR to re-group and get cleaned up and dressed up for Christmas dinner.

Thanks Mily. I'm relieved we won't have to eat burgers and fries for Christmas dinner. Will try to arrive for 8am, or do you think earlier? GF ADR is for 8pm but I'd like a couple of hours back at POR to re-group and get cleaned up and dressed up for Christmas dinner.
    As long as you are there at opening or even 1/2 after you will be fine.It's not crowded like the other parks. I just didn't want you arriving at 11am thinking you could do the dolphin swim when you arrive. When you check in they give you a time for the dolphin swim. You do all the other stuff at your own pace. It's really is a great way to spend a day. We arrived around 9, did everything, some things several times and left around 4pm. We had a blast there. My daughter has been asking to go back for a while. However, this is a very special (and pricey) thing. Maybe for a birthday.

Mily

Quote Originally Posted by momof three View Post
    As long as you are there at opening or even 1/2 after you will be fine.It's not crowded like the other parks. I just didn't want you arriving at 11am thinking you could do the dolphin swim when you arrive. When you check in they give you a time for the dolphin swim. You do all the other stuff at your own pace. It's really is a great way to spend a day. We arrived around 9, did everything, some things several times and left around 4pm. We had a blast there. My daughter has been asking to go back for a while. However, this is a very special (and pricey) thing. Maybe for a birthday.

Mily
    Yeah really pricey. This is a once only for us. It is the children's Christmas present and will be a surprise. I just bought my son a wooden dolphin which is a wall ornament and my daughter a dolphin crystal. I'm going to pack them and wrap their tickets in them. Good to know we can arrive at 9am. I'm just hoping the temperature stays at 60 degrees minimum! So if you arrived at 9am, what time did you get to swim with the dolphins?

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

scooby make sure they don't rip the tickets when they rip the paper off presents! its a fantastic day and if any of your party aren't confident swimmers still do the deep water swim they aren't gonna let you drown. i made my other half do it as on a previous visit he had only done shallow swim bit. i swam out with him and let him go first so he didn't have to tred water for long.

Ooh scared now about ripped tickets. I'm going to have to think that through. Thanks for the tip! Deep water will be fine for the children, they are both amphibian

Yeah really pricey. This is a once only for us. It is the children's Christmas present and will be a surprise. I just bought my son a wooden dolphin which is a wall ornament and my daughter a dolphin crystal. I'm going to pack them and wrap their tickets in them. Good to know we can arrive at 9am. I'm just hoping the temperature stays at 60 degrees minimum! So if you arrived at 9am, what time did you get to swim with the dolphins?
    It has been a while but I'm thinking we did our dolphin swim around 11ish. I know it was before lunch time. The water temp is cold in the dolphin area but they do give you wetsuits. Also, I have gone twice. Once with my hubby alone and once with the kids. The kids trip was in the summer. It was a huge shock to go from the hot humid weather into the 60 degree water. The other time was in Feb. It was much easier to get use to the water becuase the air temp was much cooler.

I think this is a great Christmas gift! The children should love it!

Mily