Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MouseAdventure Toolkit - what can't you do without?

Just thought of another unconventional thing that I do. Most people bring highlighters and big pens. I've found it useful to highlight sections with clues before going on a dark ride. Since most of the dark rides use blacklights, the highlighted area glows naturally, making it easier to read the paper. That's come in handy on occasions.

2015: Star Wars 10k + Avengers 10k
    2016: Star Wars 10k, Paris Half and 5k, Avengers Half
    2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k
    MouseAdventure Addict- Usually "Beware the Groove"

2. # ADS

Blog Entries

That's brilliant, Nikara!

Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Would rather be looking at the back side of water...
    Everything in life is only for now.
    Nope - it never ends.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

If you are in the Basic or Advanced divisions, you NEED a #2 pencil for the not-a-Scantron machine answer sheets.

Don't forget! Pencils are expensive at Disneyland.

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    Don't forget! Pencils are expensive at Disneyland.
    And big... don't forget big....
    Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Blog Entries

I may need to add "tape" to the toolkit.

Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Would rather be looking at the back side of water...
    Everything in life is only for now.
    Nope - it never ends.

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber

I brought paperclips this time and used them on the Tiki Name thing. It was probably the only way we would have been able to read it.

Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

There were a number of teams that taped the dominoes to their clipboard -- brilliant!

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

I will definitely add tape to my took kit. Every time the breeze would kick up we would cover all the dominoes so they wouldn't blow away. A few paper clips are a great idea as well.

Tricia: Member of the ORIGINAL Oswald Returns.

It was mentioned in the other thread but we needed to bring a watch! I thought about it all the day before to bring/wear my watch, but when I woke up at 6 to make it to the ballroom on time, that thought was nowhere to be found.

We were well prepared with pencils, pens and markers. Something to hold the dominoes would have helped. We almost lost them several times!

MouseAdventure Luau - Ladies & The Tramp - 6th Place
    MouseAdventure Zone - The Squirrel Squad - 5th Place
    MouseAdventure Card Games - The Squirrel Squad - 7th Place

Quote Originally Posted by rickosuave1987 View Post
    It was mentioned in the other thread but we needed to bring a watch!
    Actually, there are clocks ALL OVER the parks, you just have to know where to look. We did a quest some time ago where teams were asked to collect the times of clocks that frozen. Since that time, every 5 visits or so I find another working clock. Perhaps it's time for another of those quests?
    MouseAdventure - You ride rides?

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    You can also refill bottles at water fountains, but for us, just drinking from a water fountain is not adequate to keep our hydration appropriate.
    You can fill up with fresh water in the baby center! We use hydration packs/camelbacks that hold like 3 bottles of water...i have one that holds 6 bbut its to big for MA.
    I'm the Disney Princess your Mama Warned you About!

we are adding tape to the bag and highlighters, it was to hard to scratch out words and if one was wrong it was like hell erasing it even with a good eraser...

I'm the Disney Princess your Mama Warned you About!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MovieBoy View Post
    Actually, there are clocks ALL OVER the parks, you just have to know where to look. We did a quest some time ago where teams were asked to collect the times of clocks that frozen. Since that time, every 5 visits or so I find another working clock. Perhaps it's time for another of those quests?
    But you have to know which ones actually work beforehand. We found a lot of clocks that didn't seem they were frozen on purpose, that were only accurate twice a day (like the one above Award Wieners (or thereabouts))
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by MovieBoy View Post
    We did a quest some time ago where teams were asked to collect the times of clocks that frozen. Since that time, every 5 visits or so I find another working clock. Perhaps it's time for another of those quests?
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! That quest still gives me nightmares.

Agree with all above who said they will be bringing tape. I so wish we had that for the dominoes quest. Also agree about highlighters. I started using those for word searches a couple of games ago and since the MA word searches usually involve "read the question from the remaining letters", the highlighters help the unused letters jump out of the page.
    Jen
    Whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

Quote Originally Posted by *Nala* View Post
    Agree with all above who said they will be bringing tape. I so wish we had that for the dominoes quest.
    we actually used the post it flaggy things, that way we could move the dominoes around easily (and you dont have the bulk of a roll of tape)....in the end thogh, i just wrote out a grid based on the population sign and filled in the corresponding letters which made it much easier to decode and didnt need all the space laying out the letters. i actually enjoyed this quest, partly because of the satisfaction of solving it. we also used the post its for the find Tracy tiki strips.
    Mom's on a Mouse Mission - Spring 2010
    Trader Sam's Head Sales Team - Fall 2010, Spring 2011, Fall 2011, Fall 2012, Spring 2013, Fall 2013, Spring 2014, Fall 2014, Spring 2015
    MAGCD - Spring 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Madame Liota View Post
    You can fill up with fresh water in the baby center! We use hydration packs/camelbacks that hold like 3 bottles of water...i have one that holds 6 bbut its to big for MA.
    Definitely agree with this one. I use a 3L camelbak. It's just a matter of how much you are willing to put on your back. Remember, it gets lighter throughout the day!! I'm a packrat, though, so I always carry rain gear just in case, jackets, sometimes extra socks, and all of the other gear I think we "might" need.
    I think we'll get tape next time. It's hard to be a human windbreak . . .

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought those little pre-cut tape things that the advertise around the holidays might be a good way to bring tape. We have the clipboards with a little storage, and if they're flat enough, they could fit in there (with the highlighters, multi-colored pens, post-it-flags, good erasers, small rulers, etc. Next thing you know I'm going to want to bring a protractor or compass in the kit, then I'd be all ready for middle school!)

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Next thing you know I'm going to want to bring a protractor or compass in the kit, then I'd be all ready for middle school!)
    shhhhh...Dont give MA staff any ideas!
    Mom's on a Mouse Mission - Spring 2010
    Trader Sam's Head Sales Team - Fall 2010, Spring 2011, Fall 2011, Fall 2012, Spring 2013, Fall 2013, Spring 2014, Fall 2014, Spring 2015
    MAGCD - Spring 2012

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cintheworld View Post
    shhhhh...Dont give MA staff any ideas!
    Aw, we already did that quest...

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

I have a question on "reference materials"...do handwritten notes on paper count as reference material, are they on the "do not bring" list?

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DznyKyd View Post
    I have a question on "reference materials"...do handwritten notes on paper count as reference material, are they on the "do not bring" list?
    That would be considered reference materials, and is not allowed in competition.

^ Thank you for the clarification

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DznyKyd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    That would be considered reference materials, and is not allowed in competition.
    On the other hand, if you were to get relevant facts tattooed on your arms, we couldn't very well stop you.
    --
    Andrew [

Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    On the other hand, if you were to get relevant facts tattooed on your arms, we couldn't very well stop you.
    I'm just going to say... you started it. What about a temporary tattoo with relevant information?

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemon91 View Post
    I'm just going to say... you started it. What about a temporary tattoo with relevant information?
    Not good enough. If you're going to do it, you gotta go all the way. Otherwise, we question your commitment and sincerity.