Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Trick or Treat Party- October 5th

Trick or Treat Party- October 5th

Sharing some pictures and experiences from the Trick or Treat party!

I arrived at the parking structure around 3:50pm, and found no line to get in. I showed my ticket, quickly parked, and then went to the trams, where there was no line.

Arriving at the park, there were signs everywhere announcing that the party was happening and the park would be closing early. No one would be unaware of what was occuring.

At this point, it was drizzling on and off, but not too wet. There was no line at the entry gate. I gave my printout to the checker, got a real ticket for re-entry and a grey wristband. They set up the treat bag area under the bridge. There had also blocked off that entire area from regular guests.

The park wasn't particularly crowded, but there were definitely plenty of people who weren't there for the party wandering about. I took some pictures, then went to look for some of the characters who were out. I was particularly impressed with this new pumpkin at Big Thunder Ranch

If you didn't already have your wristband, and were in the park early, or if you wanted to buy a ticket the day of, you could do that at the plaza pavilion.

The fog effects and lighting effects started at 6pm with the party. Many of them were awesome. Some of my favorites...

The scarecrows were keeping dry under the Golden Horseshoe. They told me that they started to smell pretty nasty if they got wet, and they could slip and break a straw in the rain, which would be unfortunate.

As soon as the party started I went to get a picture with Mickey and Minnie, and I only had to wait 5 minutes for the picture.

I love their costumes! After getting a kiss from both mice, I went to visit Tigger and get some candy!

A quick note- I wore this Belle costume for the second year, and this time people were much better at identifying me. I think carrying around the book everywhere really helped. The book I had was "The Hero with a Thousand Faces" by Joseph Campbell, which I found pretty funny in a Disney park, but most people hadn't heard of. Oh well, at least I got to enjoy a geeky moment. I had no problems with acting as a Disney character- I never pretended to be Belle with guests (except smiling at small kids!), but I got to play act with the characters, which was fun, and they were happy to do!

More pictures is a little bit, when my friendly Sheriff friend came to protect me from all those Villains!

2015: Star Wars 10k + Avengers 10k
    2016: Star Wars 10k, Paris Half and 5k, Avengers Half
    2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k
    MouseAdventure Addict- Usually "Beware the Groove"

2. # ADS

After getting some starting candy, I went to the front of the park to meet with a friend who had to come from work. I had to show my wristband to be allowed back into the party from the front of the park. My friend is a Nightmare Before Christmas fanatic, so we definitely needed to get pictures with Jack and Sally.

Jack asked if we were made by the same mad scientist, then told us to assume the coffin position, because "I love foreshadowing!". A very silly, slightly twisted comment that shows how characters can have fun interacting with adults as well as kids!

The line for Space mountain was practically walk on! Princess on a coaster!

Half of the villains were in Main Street, and half were in the fantasy land theatre, behind the princesses. There was barely any line there!

Lady Tremaine and her daughters were amazing! They all played on each other, and had fun insulting each person dressed as a princess (she called me a Ding Dong Bell!)

There were a few girls walking around in semi-professional costumes, which led to some entertaining interactions that the cast members watching really enjoyed!

The evil queen was also great! She enjoyed insulting the princesses as well, and was making fun of my book. We told her that I had brought along the sheriff for protection!

The lighting on the castle was pretty cool! It shifted between different creepy colors, and Halloween themed music was playing everywhere, including in adventureland, where radio station KRRR (the last R pronounced as a pirate would...)

Next up, parade shots!

2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k

I watched the parade near Small World Mall, and there was barely anyone over there. It was pretty cute!

I'm not sure if this is the normal parade Belle dress, but I thought that it was absolutely gorgeous last night:

The final float was really pretty! I loved the characters in the Halloween outfits!

Donald was my favorite for the night!

Overall, it was an awesome event and I had a great time. Two friends in their twenties dressed up, went without kids, and had a great time!

Fantastic pictures!!! Thanks SO MUCH for posting them. I have been wondering what this party looked like, and you really captured it with these pictures for me. Plus, you look so pretty in your costume! The hair was perfect! Congratulations! Did you go trick-or-treating for candy, too? And do you have any fireworks pictures?

My family and I were right behind you while in line for Micky and Minnie.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the great review!

Twinwife, my resident shutterbug, would like to know who took the pictures of you with the characters, they came out great! Was that the photopass photog, or someone in your group?

Also, did you notice if they had the regular trio of princesses at the fantasy fair?

Thanks!

Please remember I am a guy. If you found anything in the above post offensive, I cannot help it. For more info, see Brad Paisley's "I'm just a guy."

Thanks for the costume compliments! Almost all of it is bought at Goodwill. The only thing I made was the apron (which is mostly held together by tape!). I think I've finally figured out the best way to do the Belle hair.

It's funny how you randomly meet up with MousePlanet people! I'm glad I saw you.

The photos are taken either by photopass people or the character minder who was standing next to them. I have a relatively new camera, which helps. Usually the photopass person would take a few for the pass, and then a few with my camera happily!

I didn't get a chance to check on the princesses- the line was crazy, and they were behind the normal barrier. Sorry!

Great pictures! My 2 yr old niece saw your pic and she said, That's Belle!

Thanks, awesome photographs. Belle is my favorite princess and you did her justice!