Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Matterhorn Bobsleds-2011 Ph1

Matterhorn Bobsleds-2011 Ph1

This is listed as a closure starting on June 13 at Disneyland. I was wondering if anyone knew what the Ph 1 meant; I was thinking probably phase 1. I was wondering, hoping, maybe only one side would be closed.

2. # ADS

So the ride is only closed from Monday the 13th of June through Friday the 17th. That is the week we will be there. I tried to convince my husband we should go on Sunday (the day we are driving there). But, for religious reasons, he doesn't want to. And I completely understand, and mostly agree. I still am curious as to what the Ph1 means. Matterhorn was closed when I went to the park in 2002 also, though it was open when I went last, which was 2005. It appears it was also closed in 2009.

I believe I read that Matterhorn will close twice. I think they do the seasonal maintenance in two phases so that's probably what the "ph1" means, phase 1. I believe the whole ride is shut down during the maintenance time. They will reopen on the weekend between phase 1 and phase 2.

We'll be arriving on the 18th, and I noticed on Monday the 20th it's closed for "2011 Ph2". We'll have to try to ride it on Sunday or the following Saturday if we stay through then. We're still debating how many days to stay.