Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Random Annual Pass Renewal Questions

Random Annual Pass Renewal Questions

I currently have the SoCal AP with parking, and it expires on 10/17. Does that mean I can use it on 10/17 or only until 10/16 (or the 15th since I think the 16th is a blackout date)?

I paid my renewal online and upgraded to Premium, I originally only wanted Deluxe, but since parking is $100 (!!!) I decided the extra $30 was worth it. Will I get my pass before 10/17? Say I get it next week, can I use it on the SoCal blackout dates or use the additional discounts? Not trying to get away with anything, but I'm just hoping I get the pass before the old one expires because I have plans to go on 10/17.

I remember when the parking add-on was only $50. Geez! But I can see how families or couples only need one pass with parking so I can see why they'd raise it.

2. # ADS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ainsley09 View Post
    I currently have the SoCal AP with parking, and it expires on 10/17. Does that mean I can use it on 10/17 or only until 10/16 (or the 15th since I think the 16th is a blackout date)?

I paid my renewal online and upgraded to Premium, I originally only wanted Deluxe, but since parking is $100 (!!!) I decided the extra $30 was worth it. Will I get my pass before 10/17? Say I get it next week, can I use it on the SoCal blackout dates or use the additional discounts? Not trying to get away with anything, but I'm just hoping I get the pass before the old one expires because I have plans to go on 10/17.

I remember when the parking add-on was only $50. Geez! But I can see how families or couples only need one pass with parking so I can see why they'd raise it.
    Yes. As soon as you have your premium pass in hand, you can use it. You can use your pass on the expiration date. You can enter the park on Oct 17 based on your exp date. As soon as you have your premium pass, you can use it on the 16th!
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Blog Entries

I have another question that I thought I saw on another thread but I can't remember for sure or not. Is there a grace period for renewing my pass?

Example, my pass expires today but I forgot to renew. Can I renew it tomorrow at the discounted price or do I have to pay full price?

Any info would help.

Thanks

"You can't keep blaming yourself. Just blame yourself once, and move on."

~ Homer Simpson

Blog Entries

Also, and this is the more important one, if you do the monthly payment option and your pass expires (same situation as above) do you still have to place a down payment for the passes or do you just get to go forward with payments.

Thanks Again.

~ Homer Simpson

Blog Entries

There is no grace period. If your pass expired yesterday, you could have gone online and renew to get the discount. Now, it is full price. If you renew with payments, you don't pay a down payment. If you miss the renewal, you have to do the down payment.

So, how much does it cost to renew the Deluxe AP?

Siggy aka Jill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
    So, how much does it cost to renew the Deluxe AP?
    IF you renew before the expiration, you save $20. So, currently it is $309 to renew.

I've let my AP lapse but will be getting a new one shortly. Since my info is in the computer system already, can I take my paper e-ticket to the ticket booth to get my new card, or do I still have to go to the AP processing centre? Thanks!

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seaera View Post
    I've let my AP lapse but will be getting a new one shortly. Since my info is in the computer system already, can I take my paper e-ticket to the ticket booth to get my new card, or do I still have to go to the AP processing centre? Thanks!
    Either place should work!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    There is no grace period. If your pass expired yesterday, you could have gone online and renew to get the discount. Now, it is full price. If you renew with payments, you don't pay a down payment. If you miss the renewal, you have to do the down payment.
    This is weird. After I posted my second question I went to the passholder website and went looking. Exasperated, I looked at the terms and conditions and the very last paragraph said this

Quote Originally Posted by Passholder Terms and Conditions
    Any renewal discounts are valid only until the applicable current Passport's expiration date when renewed online. Passports that are renewed at the Main Entrance ticket booth with a renewal discount and after such Passport's expiration date will expire 12 months from the original Passport anniversary date. All terms, conditions and benefits including, but not limited to, admission privileges, blockout dates, prices, parking locations, and discounts are subject to restrictions, availability, and change or cancellation without notice at any time.
    The TAC was last updated in April of this year so I called the passholder line and spoke with a CM who told me that after the expiration date you could still get the renewal by mail but not in person or online. I informed the CM of what I found on the passholder website and she said that they do change the policy from time to time and put me in touch with someone in ticketing to verify.

I then spoke with CM Heather who told me that yes you can renew in person at the renewal rate after the expiration but that there is a 30 day rule in effect. If you are at or around 30 days it is up to the CM at the ticketing booth to decide if they will give you the discounted rate and the 0 down monthly payment option. Of course your expiration date doesn't change so you won't be getting a full year.

The reason I ask is that I have family who forgot to renew last Sunday when their passes expired. They want to renew but didn't want to pay the down payment for the monthly payment plan. This info should help.

~ Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    IF you renew before the expiration, you save $20. So, currently it is $309 to renew.
    Thanks
    Siggy aka Jill

Okay, I am not sure if this has been answered. Do I have to renew online to get the discount? My pass expires on May 22, and I am on the fence on renewing. I just tried to go online to look into renewing but I received this message: "The Annual Pass that you have entered is either invalid, or is not eligible to be renewed online at this time. If you need further assitance, please call Disneyland Guest Services." I am guessing I received that message because it is too early too renew? I will be in the parks May 19-23.

Siggy aka Jill

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

Probably...I don't think you can renew until 30 days before expiration, but I could be wrong!

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Blog Entries

You can renew about 40 days prior to your expiration date online. Or you can renew at the park. Both get the same discount ($20 off premium or deluxe passes.) You only get the 20% off $50 or more if you renew online.

Thanks for clarifying. I will try and renew online just before I go.

Siggy aka Jill

Don't call me Grumpy! CMHusband's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. I will try and renew online just before I go.
    Renew far enough ahead of your trip that you receive your new pass in the mail. Otherwise, sometimes you renew just before you go and your new pass hasn't arrived yet and your old pass is invalid. Guess what...you have to go to the booths to fix the problem, in which case you might have well just renewed at the booth to begin with.
    Check out my Walt's Apartment tour on flickr here http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7625183415995/

AP Renewal by Mail?

Now I have an AP renewal question...do they still mail out the renewal forms automatically? Our passes expire 5/1/11 and we usually mail our renewal in when we receive them, but all we've received so far is a postcard reminder and the forms don't seem to be available online right now for us to download them.

Pam
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

I wouldn't hold your breath for your renewal forms. We got my son's either the day before or the day that his pass expired. It did have language that stated I could renew after the renewal date and still get the discount plus the coupon but that it would be backdated to the original expiration date.

If you want to renew online, try logging into a different part of the Disney website, then go over to the Disneyland annual passholder site. I've been having trouble logging in directly to the DL site, but once I log into my movie rewards, Disneyland knows that I'm me and has my current AP info. Of course, now it will let me see that my AP is valid but still won't log me into the passholder section, but even from where I can get into, I can see the renewal links. If they aren't working for you, the problems with their website may be more severe than expected.

Unfortunately, I can't renew online since I have a SoCal AP and live in NoCal...I've had it since 2002 when they didn't enforce the zip code requirement and let you pick whatever pass you wanted! I've always either renewed by mail or in person, but you don't get the special card design (or the 20% discount shopping coupons) if you renew in person. I was surprised not one CM mentioned our upcoming expiration day when we went through the turnstiles this past weekend, when they have on previous April visits!

I was just curious if they were still sending out the forms or were trying to go paperless!

Pam

My daughter's pass expired in February and we wanted to synchronize it with our passes (expiring in May). Is it going to be processed as a renewal (with the same February expiration) since it was within the last 12 months?

-- Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by chahn View Post
    My daughter's pass expired in February and we wanted to synchronize it with our passes (expiring in May). Is it going to be processed as a renewal (with the same February expiration) since it was within the last 12 months?
    Not unless you want it to be (and I don't know why you would). It will be processed as a new pass, which means that you will not get any renewal discounts. But, the new expiration date will be the date of activation, so you didn't have to pay for the time from when it expired in Feb. and you activate it in May.