Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Glee - Season 2 [May contain untagged spoilers.]

Blog Entries

Glee - Season 2 [May contain untagged spoilers.]

I can't believe nobody had already started a Glee thread.

What do all my fellow Gleeks out there think of last night's episode? I'm so glad to have the show back. The new football coach looks like a formidable match for Sue, which should be quite entertaining. I loved the kids' musical number outside at the school -- and was amused that hardly any of the students paid a lick of attention.

The new Asian girl is amazing. How does that ginormous voice come out of that itty-bitty girl? The new blonde boy is also cute, and very talented.

Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Would rather be looking at the back side of water...
    Everything in life is only for now.
    Nope - it never ends.

2. # ADS

Thanks Shna!!! I was waiting for someone to start! It was a great season opener and this season seems to be very promising!

Loved the new twists...though, I did think it was soo soon for Sunshine to bail (I thought she had signed on for more shows).

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I actually thought the first episode was a bit uneven - not their best. But I'm glad to have them back.

Do you think they could have put bigger glasses on Sunshine in her first scene? I was laughing so hard I had to have the husband stop the DVR and rewind.

I knew Charice (Sunshine) was going to be on the show, but I didn't realize she was going to be in the first episode. I had heard she was going to be recurring, and I wondered how they were going to do that if she was going to be on the glee club. I should have figured out that she'd be on Vocal Adrenaline - that's pretty much the only way for her to make periodic appearances.

The Bieber-looking dude - is he known from something else? I feel like he's someone that other people know about but I don't because I didn't watch whatever he was in previously. He does NOT look like he belongs on a football team though.

I loved "What I Did For Love" and it had me jonesing for "A Chorus Line" all night.

I can't WAIT for next week's episode - it looks like it's gonna be terrific. And I especially can't wait for the Rocky Horror episode!

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

I agree that last nights show was not their best but I do look forward to the season!

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Blog Entries

Okay, due to an unfortunate DVR incident, I haven't seen the show yet so I haven't actually read the comments above.

But I did look at some of the new music on iTunes today and I was soooooooo excited to see the Billionaire song on there. It makes me smile whenever I hear it but I haven't been able to convince my husband to listen to it. Now he will and I know he's going to love it. We can sing it in the car together!

Yes, I am a giant nerd.

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Sometimes, it helps having kids, because we end up listening to pop stations in the car, so I know from Billionaire and all those other Top Ten hits. Interesting how, for some main characters, they sort of exaggerated their personality traits. Rachel had always been self-involved, but never downright mean. One would think that Quinn would retain some of the maturity she acquired during her pregnancy, but she was back to social climbing. We really enjoy the show.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mom22gls View Post
    They sort of exaggerated their personality traits.
    That's what kind of got me - they were almost all to the point of being caricatures of the personalities we knew last season.

But I loved the interaction between Sue and the cherrio during the try outs! Plus the girl's comments when (ak spacing on his name - the 'former' football QB) tried out.
    Cathy

I also appreciated Sue's lecture to Santana. As much as Sue loves to cut people down, it was, really, a very astute statement about young women and body image issues.

Sometimes, it helps having kids, because we end up listening to pop stations in the car, so I know from Billionaire and all those other Top Ten hits. Interesting how, for some main characters, they sort of exaggerated their personality traits. Rachel had always been self-involved, but never downright mean. One would think that Quinn would retain some of the maturity she acquired during her pregnancy, but she was back to social climbing. We really enjoy the show.
    It's true, while Rachel sang 'What I Did for Love' it was obvious that Quinn was very glad to be back to her old self in her old spot. But I think she'll still be friends with Mercedes.

Loved the bash on Santana for her summer, er, addition. And Sue's comment about her being at the bottom of the pyramid so that they could cushion the fall of the girls on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    That's what kind of got me - they were almost all to the point of being caricatures of the personalities we knew last season.

But I loved the interaction between Sue and the cheerio during the try outs! Plus the girl's comments when (ak spacing on his name - the 'former' football QB) tried out.
    Watching Finn try to be on Cheerios was hysterical. Oh my word. And the lil' gal kept asking 'Is this happening?'

Favorite one-liner:

"Mike tries to be into what I'm into...like his abs!"
    Keep Moving Forward!

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

It will be interesting to see if Quinn is living with Mercedes this season or if she magically moved back home over the summer since her mom and dad split and her mom showed up at the birth.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Yeah, Quinn should be back home with her mom. Her mom already asked her to move back with the baby - that she'd have one of the rooms set up as a nursery - before she knew that Quinn was giving the baby away.

I was laughing at Tina and Mike having fallen in love at "Asian camp", and that they found out about what Rachel did to Sunshine because "the Asian community is very tight".

The new football coach had the best line of the episode though, to Sue: "You're all coffee and no omelet." And Sue's reaction was priceless.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

There really are schools and culture camps for various Asian groups, but they would be for different Asian groups. My kids used to attend a Chinese school for non-Chinese speaking families, and one of my daughter's friends, who was born in Korea, attended Korean School. There are different communities, so no particular reason why the young singer, who really is from the Phillipines (she was on Oprah a year or so ago), would have much contact, outside of school, with the other kids, who came from at least one other Asian culture. There are some common cultural things-the other day a Vietnamese co-worker asked me about the fall Moon Festival, and we got into a whole discussion about mooncakes (which is sort of the Asian version of fruitcake-you have to have it around, but nobody particularly enjoys eating it).

I've never watched Glee before, but they just cast Darren Criss to be on the show throughout the season, so I might have to watch now...Or at least the ones he's on...He's the guy who plays Harry Potter in the Very Potter Musicals on youtube if anybody's run across those before. He's great.

The Tinkerteen mentioned this, and is VERY excited about this development! She is a huge fan of the Very Potter Musicals, and can actually recite most of the first one. Glee and Harry/Very Potter...what a merger!

To all who come to this happy place...quit stepping on the back of my shoes!

I won't give anything away, but it's a great episode. Love the "dream sequences." There's one part of an assembly scene, which is really suggestive of something really inappropriate in public.

Blog Entries

I have a strong feeling that I would have appreciated tonight's episode more if I had seen any of

Britney Spear's
    recent(ish) videos. But I enjoyed it very much nonetheless.

Sadly, after last night's power interruption, I thought I had reset the DVR settings but NO, I forgot to set it to run fifteen minutes after the scheduled end time. And once again the last minute was cut off. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Fortunately it's available on my cable thingie. I can watch it tomorrow.
    "The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

I was glad to see her "looking good." A while back, I caught an episode of iCarly my kids were watching, which was, clearly, making fun of Brittany, and the aftermath of her personal lifestyle and professional chaos. The fictional character was a burnt-out pop star, who clearly did not have it together, and they were trying to help her with her "comeback." While directing her new video, they worked out almost non-existant choreography, no close up shots, and some effects to basically hide her. They really did her a big favor in last night's episode, showcasing her at her best.

Meh...this wasn't my favorite episode. I'm not really familiar with Britney's music, and last night, I felt like they were doing the same song and dance over and over, but with different outfits. It just wasn't my thing. It was nice to see her looking so well, though! I hope her life and career stay on track.

Although I do like John Stamos (going back to "Full House"), for some reason, his character creeped me out a little bit when he had the kids in the chair and was putting them out. Guess it's a "mom" reaction.

I was amazed at how good Brittany's (the Cheerio) singing and dancing were! I thought she had some absolutely hilarious lines last night -- and lots of them! "Are you a cat?" had me laughing so hard I nearly fell off the couch. She is very talented. It will be interesting to see where her career goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermommy View Post
    Meh...this wasn't my favorite episode. I'm not really familiar with Britney's music, and last night, I felt like they were doing the same song and dance over and over, but with different outfits. It just wasn't my thing. It was nice to see her looking so well, though! I hope her life and career stay on track.

Although I do like John Stamos (going back to "Full House"), for some reason, his character creeped me out a little bit when he had the kids in the chair and was putting them out. Guess it's a "mom" reaction.

I was amazed at how good Brittany's (the Cheerio) singing and dancing were! I thought she had some absolutely hilarious lines last night -- and lots of them! "Are you a cat?" had me laughing so hard I nearly fell off the couch. She is very talented. It will be interesting to see where her career goes.
    There was a recent interview with the actress who plays Brittany on NPR. She is experienced in musical theater, and has given other actors pointers in dance. I don't recall her really getting the spotlight in an episode, and it was nice to see the focus on her.

OT, but it's a good mom reaction. When I was in high school there was a local oral surgeon who was taking advantage of girls while they were out for procedures. Can't be too careful, even if they do look like John Stamos.

I was sad that Mr. Hunky Dentist didn't get to sing last night. I was waiting for him to be blasting Beach Boys in his fancy car.

Brittany did an awesome job! She's very talented, I was glad she got to show what she could do AND still have her one-liners.

Could've used a little less of creepy afro poof hair dude. He's really grossing me out. At first it was kind of funny, now it's just yucky. Especially the chair in Sue's office. EEK!

OH! And did Terri seem super creepy/scary to anyone else? Yikes! She popped up like in a horror movie!
    Keep Moving Forward!

Quote Originally Posted by AJDerrick View Post
    Could've used a little less of creepy afro poof hair dude. He's really grossing me out. At first it was kind of funny, now it's just yucky. Especially the chair in Sue's office. EEK!
    Oh, yeah! The chair was bad, and the auditorium was too! Even my daughter was going, "What is he doing...oh, gross! Gross!"

And did Terri seem super creepy/scary to anyone else? Yikes! She popped up like in a horror movie!
    Yup! When he kept looking at Emma, I kept saying, "He's going to hit something." She was scary!

Not only was the scene in Sue's chair completely gross, but they kept flashing to him during the assembly scene, strongly suggesting that he was....in public! I was worried that the kids would question that.

One wonders about the Cheerio Brittany's backstory-she "never" brushes her teeth or goes to the dentist, and her mouth was full of cavaties-yet she had a nice looking smile, and did not complain of being in pain. And the one time she went to the dentist, was not because a parent took her.

Not only was the scene in Sue's chair completely gross, but they kept flashing to him during the assembly scene, strongly suggesting that he was....in public! I was worried that the kids would question that.

One wonders about the Cheerio Brittany's backstory-she "never" brushes her teeth or goes to the dentist, and her mouth was full of cavaties-yet she had a nice looking smile, and did not complain of being in pain. And the one time she went to the dentist, was not because a parent took her.
    I KNOW! I couldn't believe that they kept cutting to him in the assembly, that was over my limit, personally. I was glad I was just watching with my DH, not a kid or my own parents!

Yeah, Britt's teeth looked pretty good for someone who swishes with Dr. Pepper in place of brushing, but I still laughed. Her real teeth look good, but the pictures they were showing at the dentist office were nasty!!!
    Keep Moving Forward!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    I wasn't crazy about the episode mostly because I didn't think the songs were really incorporated into the storyline of the show like they usually are - they seemed very set apart - but they were fun to watch. Except the one with the GINORMOUS snake. <shudder> It seems that they pretty much re-did Britney's video of that song.

I did love the fact that after Brittany's vision made her confident, she was still speaking with the same tone of voice and pitch as before, so her quietly saying "I'm better than all of you - I get all the solos from now on" in that meek little voice was hilarious.

The Glee feed on Twitter and Facebook posted a recent interview that Heather Morris (Brittany) did which was pretty interesting. If anyone else hasn't read it and wants to, I can go find the link. She was actually hired onto the show because she's a dancer, and they needed someone to help teach the rest of the cast the moves for "Single Ladies" - I heard elsewhere that she had actually toured with Beyonce previously as a dancer - and so she ended up being "just" the third Cheerio, but they've taken her character further from there. We're supposed to learn more about Brittany this year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    She was actually hired onto the show because she's a dancer, and they needed someone to help teach the rest of the cast the moves for "Single Ladies" - I heard elsewhere that she had actually toured with Beyonce previously as a dancer - and so she ended up being "just" the third Cheerio, but they've taken her character further from there. We're supposed to learn more about Brittany this year.
    Ooh, now I can tell my story.

My husband this Heather Morris is a great dancer (well, she is) and he has read a few pieces on her. He told me about how she had performed with Beyonce in the "Single Ladies" video. I told him I didn't think that was possible but he was very insistent! Finally I asked if he had ever seen the video because she...well, she doesn't really look like either of the two backup dancers in the video.

Nope, he hadn't. He now agrees that's not her in the video! She just performed on the tours and such.