Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sneaking into hotel pools

Wink Sneaking into hotel pools

Hey! Has anyone tried (and or not succeeded) sneaking to any of the Disney hotels' pools? My friend and her kids were able to do it successfully last year (I think it was the Disneyland Hotel) by dressing up as tourists and parking at DTD.

I need a place just to relax and lay out (by a pool) and was curious to see if you think the security is strict or not.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by lisakle View Post
    Hey! Has anyone tried (and or not succeeded) sneaking to any of the Disney hotels' pools? My friend and her kids were able to do it successfully last year (I think it was the Disneyland Hotel) by dressing up as tourists and parking at DTD.

I need a place just to relax and lay out (by a pool) and was curious to see if you think the security is strict or not.
    I am sure many people are going to advise you against it. If you are just going to DLR for the day, I would say you are out of luck If you will be there for more than one day, go back to your hotel, midday for a break.
    Siggy aka Jill

Blog Entries

Oh lord, here is the next heated thread of the week.

I wouldnt suggest it, because although you would probably get away with it, I couldnt relax...I would be thinking every CM walking by was ready to bust me, when in reality they are thinking about their weekend or how long till break.

Let me also say this. I am by no means the morality police, I sneak food into movies (usually just water), bring food into Disneyland (technically against the rules), speed just about everywhere except neighborhoods and school zones, have used the carpool lane to get around wrecks, have been paid at work for sitting on mouseplanet, have called a dedicated city employee a "ticket witch", have on ocassion had 11 items in the 10 item line, and have used my badge to get out of many tickets....I am not pure as any kind of snow...

but....

I think this is too far, and sets a really bad example for the kids. It honestly sounds like something I would have done as a teenager, but an adult doing it with kids? Thats too much...

I would also have to venture a guess that sneaking into the pool is a crime...called trespassing.

Please remember I am a guy. If you found anything in the above post offensive, I cannot help it. For more info, see Brad Paisley's "I'm just a guy."

They have increased checking room keys

We stayed at the DLR hotel in August of this year. They had people at each gate checking room keys as you walked in. They held the gate open for you, and they were there the whole time my girls and I were in the pool. They even checked my girls as they came back from using the restrooms and had just walked out from the pool area a few minutes before. ONe night we were in the pool as it was closing, my husband came down without his key and they would not let him in, even though it was 10 miuntes before the pool closed for the night.

If you've identified this as a "need" of yours, how about budgeting for that necessity? As in, reserve a room to utilize the amenities!

I find it sad that your friend is teaching her kids to be dishonest.

Probably the same folks who lie about their kids age to get them in free, and put inserts in their kids shoes so they're tall enough for certain rides.

Great role modeling.

Blog Entries
    Yes, they are quite strict at the DLH. They require a room key. And they check for it. Almost all hotels have pools. Cant you lay out by a pool at the hotel you are at? If you want to stay at one of the RESORT hotels, why not book there?

I am sorry your friend thought it appropriate to teach this to her children. Our world has become a place where people think only of themselves, and yours is a prime example of why.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Well...as someone who budgets and saves $$ to afford staying at a DLR hotel for each of our family visits to DL I wish you wouldn't try to sneak into the pool if you're not a paying hotel guest. If I was there and happened to get wind of what you were doing I would not think twice about reporting you and I'm sure a lot of other people would do the same. Do you really want to risk getting thrown out by hotel security?

I would be angry that those of us who were rightfully enjoying the pool with our kids would have to watch someone getting booted for their trashy behavior. So yeah....how about you just not.

When we stayed at GCH in June, the chairs were at a premium. If I knew someone snuck in I would report them, especially if I needed a chair.

Also a young couple apparently did sneak in and within minutes, they were asked for a hotel key. Since they couldn't produce one, they were promptly shown the gate. How embarassing would that be in front of kids? Maybe it would be a painful lesson for them, though.

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    Walt Disney

Obsessive Disney Teen! DLANDLUVR's Avatar

Went in July and they checked for our room keys at DLH, even after i left the pool just to get my sunglasses and came back IN A TOWEL AND WET BATHING SUIT. AND THE LADY JUST SAW ME LEAVE....she still asked for a room key! and I had one for this very reason! glad to know they dont just let anyone in!

It's fun to do the Impossible
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes
    1313 S. Harbour Blvd completes me <3
    ....And really bad eggs....Drink up me hearties yo ho....!
    Halloween Party Oct. 28!!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Ok, so I'll spare my rant about the ethical side of this question.

I don't stay at the Disneyland Hotel. I don't think it's worth the money. But I've stayed at other hotels (some more budget and some MUCH nicer) and say that I'm SO glad to hear that DLH is checking hotel keys. If I'm paying to stay at a hotel with a pool, I shouldn't have to compete with non-paying guests for the pool. It's an amenity I'm paying for. It's bad enough when hotels don't have enough room for their guests to use the pools comfortably. (I have seen the pool at the DLH, and at others, very crowded to the point that guests don't have enough chairs to go around.)

GOOD for the Disneyland Hotel for preserving the integrity of their guests' experience and checking for hotel keys.

If any person "just needs" a place to relax by a pool - pay for a hotel. Or go rent an apartment with a pool. Or put a pool in a backyard. Or find a friend who has a pool or something.

If a person "just needs" a place to relax, there are benches outside or public lobbies inside.

Or get a camping chair for about $20 at a sporting goods store or a beach towel for 5 or 10 bucks at Target and go to a local park or a beach.

Adrienne

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Listen, Cheaters never win and winners never cheat!!!!! j/k just giving you a hard time, but put yourself in the other seat (no pun intended). What if you had spent a little more money to stay at one of the resort hotels and when trying to find a seat they were all taken. You would be kind of upset. Now just think if some of those people weren't hotel guest. You would be pretty mad.

I am no saint myself so take it with a grain of salt.

A frown keeps others away, so smile today

Disneyland 2011???? I HOPE!!!!!

I would never think to crash a hotel pool with my kids. The worst case scenario would be either being denied at the gate or kicked out when you have to produce a hotel key. There are other ways to chill and relax at Disneyland and DCA. I don't think the risk would be worth it.

When I need to rest at the park, I go to Hungry Bear and sit on the lower level to watch the ducks (and sometimes catch a glimpse of a kitty). I find that spot to be extremely peaceful.

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

OP- Honestly, why would you even ask this question? Did you expect different answers? How ticked would you be if you paid a premium to stay somewhere with premium amenities just to find out that there wasn't room for you because people who were not paying suck in? I'm sure you'd be mad, I know I would, and YES I would bring it to the attention of the nearest CM I could find.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Don't forget to steal some towels while you're there--sheesh.

You can buy a drink at the Hearth Lounge in GCH, sit by the window and look at the pool through the fence.

Buy a drink, food, etc. at DL and sit by the Rivers of America.

Don't buy anything and sit by the water features in DTD.

Wear your swimsuit to Bug's Land and get wet with the little kids. You and your friend might learn something from toddlers about not taking what isn't yours..........

Quote Originally Posted by The old man View Post
    Don't forget to steal some towels while you're there--sheesh.
    ***Like***
    Siggy aka Jill

Quote Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
    ***Like***
    Well, I figured they have so many they wouldn't miss two or three.

We have a communal pool where I live and yeah it makes me mad when people who don't live here (or are not an invited guest. resident must be with you) crash our pool. (Or worse, pull up let your kid out and leave.) So, I, too, would be ticked if I paid a premium and someone crashed the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by The old man View Post
    Well, I figured they have so many they wouldn't miss two or three.
    LOL I like your sense of humor!
    Siggy aka Jill

Quote Originally Posted by KCKID2NV View Post
    Listen, Cheaters never win and winners never cheat!!!!! j/k just giving you a hard time, but put yourself in the other seat (no pun intended). What if you had spent a little more money to stay at one of the resort hotels and when trying to find a seat they were all taken. You would be kind of upset. Now just think if some of those people weren't hotel guest. You would be pretty mad.

I am no saint myself so take it with a grain of salt.
    This is why Arizona Passed that 1070 bill.

I can't believe that Disney gets away with cheking papers....

We have people who have sneeked in an are taking all the seats in the hospitals and wellfare lines.
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    This is why Arizona Passed that 1070 bill.

I can't believe that Disney gets away with cheking papers....

We have people who have sneeked in an are taking all the seats in the hospitals and wellfare lines.
    You know, if you would like a political discussion, feel free to go to the Lounge. This really isn't necessary here.

Adrienne
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    You know, if you would like a political discussion, feel free to go to the Lounge. This really isn't necessary here.

Adrienne
    Lets not go down that road....

I dont believe the person who started this thread has even checked back in to comment, perhaps they were just being a firestarter? I mean really, what did they think the reaction would be?

Please remember I am a guy. If you found anything in the above post offensive, I cannot help it. For more info, see Brad Paisley's "I'm just a guy."

we stay at HoJo because of the kids pool, mine enjoy it more than the disney hotel pools. dont get me wrong, they have great pools and the slides are fun, but the kids pool at the HoJo is a great way to relax and watch your kids have fun!