Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: New Napa Rose menu posted

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ainsley09 View Post
    When does the fall menu come out? I walked by today and they still were calling it a 'summer' menu.
    I believe they're transitioning. Someone suggested to me this week that they don't actually release the entire fall menu at once but transition as ingredients shift. But this was a credible suggestion.

Adrienne
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    When does the fall menu come out? I walked by today and they still were calling it a 'summer' menu.
    They said on my radio station (local, New Orleans guys - not the national guys) that LA hit an all time record high yesterday (113F). I think it's still summer.

(And since they transition their menu because of seasonality of ingredients, I think that suggestion is credible, Adriennek.)
    Cathy

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    (And since they transition their menu because of seasonality of ingredients, I think that suggestion is credible, Adriennek.)
    Exactly. They still have peaches in the dessert menu. That won't last throughout Fall. So squash blossoms are off, peaches are on, and there are other fall ingredients to come (autumn squashes for example.)

Adrienne
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Did you just look at the menu posted outside or did you actually go inside and look at a menu? Because I'm pretty sure that on Sunday, the menu inside said "autumn menu". The menu posted outside isn't exactly the same as the ones inside - it's separately done as a condensed version of some of the items on the menu. And I've been there before when they've had a new menu inside but forgot to change out the one in the window - until we mentioned it, and as we were leaving the restaurant, we saw a manager come out and change it out.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Did you just look at the menu posted outside or did you actually go inside and look at a menu? Because I'm pretty sure that on Sunday, the menu inside said "autumn menu".
    Whew! I thought it said "autumn," too. I was surprised to see they were still a (kinda) tomato salad, although given the season, we sure have plenty of them!
    "The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

How do most diners @ Napa Rose dress? At WDW I am almost always TOTALLY casual, and was planning on packing a similar wardrobe for DL in under 3 weeks. I thought a T-shirt would be too casual, so I was planning on maybe a polo-style shirt (have a new one with Bolt embroidered on it I've been saving for my BD ), jeans, and tennis shoes. Would that be uncomfortably underdressed? Not sure if I should make any specific suggestions for my wife or inlaws either... Thanks!

-Craig => DVC owner @ BLT, VGC, AKV, & VWL + D23 first day member (and if we didn't live so far away I'd be in the parks a LOT more!!! )

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DisVCGeek View Post
    How do most diners @ Napa Rose dress? At WDW I am almost always TOTALLY casual, and was planning on packing a similar wardrobe for DL in under 3 weeks. I thought a T-shirt would be too casual, so I was planning on maybe a polo-style shirt (have a new one with Bolt embroidered on it I've been saving for my BD ), jeans, and tennis shoes. Would that be uncomfortably underdressed? Not sure if I should make any specific suggestions for my wife or inlaws either... Thanks!
    The mode of dress of Napa Rose diners pretty much runs the entire spectrum - some are dressed very nicely, fancy, for the upscale restaurant that Napa Rose is, but some are also dressed VERY casually, since they've spent the day at an amusement park. On my last visit, I was the most casually dressed - I had on a dark red t-shirt and blue shorts and tennis shoes. Others of my companions had on pretty dresses/skirts or pants and tops. On one prior occasion, we made an unexpected visit, and I was in tennis shoes, shorts and a funny t-shirt, and we ended up at the chef's counter. I'll admit I felt a little weird because it was the most casual I'd ever been dressed in there - usually, when I know I'm going, I'll at least have a nice blouse on instead of a t-shirt - but I received the same great service from the chefs and restaurant staff.

Hope that helps, and have a great time.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Thanks cstephens! That means I won't be the only person in jeans & tennis shoes to ever sit @ Chef's Counter; that gives me a big sigh of relief. The polo shirt even gives me a little more of a safety margin. At the risk of sounding cheap, I really didn't want to pack a lot of extra clothes just for one meal with airline luggage fees getting as steep as they are anymore!

-Craig => DVC owner @ BLT, VGC, AKV, & VWL + D23 first day member (and if we didn't live so far away I'd be in the parks a LOT more!!! )

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

In case anyone is interested, I've posted the most current menu for Napa Rose - here's page one, and here's page two. The vintner's menu is good through Thursday night.

The dessert menu has changed as well, at least as far as I recall, but I didn't get a chance to get a picture of it.

Oh, and for those who might need it, there always seems to be some kind of sugar-free dessert option. It's not listed on the dessert menu, but if you ask your server, they can ask the kitchen. For the past month or so at least, it's been panna cotta with mixed berries.

CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC Toocherie's Avatar

Some of those things look really yummy! The Vintner's looks good--although I wouldn't want a grape buckle and would choose something else.

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toocherie View Post
    Some of those things look really yummy! The Vintner's looks good--although I wouldn't want a grape buckle and would choose something else.
    I don't know why it's called that, but it was pretty much a more solid grape cake/muffin. It was pretty good, but the concord grape sorbet was AMAZING. Purple as you wouldn't believe. That was my favorite part.

Blog Entries

I would totally eat the buckle. Have you had a baked concord grape Toocherie?

I NEED that bluefoot chicken. When does the vintners change?

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bennette View Post
    I NEED that bluefoot chicken. When does the vintners change?
    The vintner's menu is good through Thursday night.

Adrienne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post

Adrienne
    Thanks Adrienne. That's very thoughtful of you to point out.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Ok, whoever they hired to do their quotes did it again... the part that should be in "quotes" is the "New York" NOT the "Veal". (Just like they quoted "Monkfish" instead of "Osso Bucco" on that other menu.)

THE AHI CARPACCIO IS BACK!!!!! Be still my heart. I wonder if they still have the little gelatin bits of lemon like before. Oh how I love that dish!!

The starters all look yummy.

Adrienne

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Adrienne. That's very thoughtful of you to point out.
    Just trying to be helpful.

Adrienne

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    Ok, whoever they hired to do their quotes did it again... the part that should be in "quotes" is the "New York" NOT the "Veal".
    Yeah, we laughed about that. The husband ordered that, so we joked about what he would get that would be "veal". It was basically a New York cut of veal. Oh, and for the record, he liked it a lot.

He had the ahi carpaccio too, but I don't remember if there were lemon bits. I'll try to remember to ask him.

Thumbs up

I would totally eat the buckle. Have you had a baked concord grape Toocherie?
    We have grape pies around here. There's a grape festival in Naples, NY and you can always get some delicious pies there. Yum.

CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC Toocherie's Avatar

I have not had a baked grape. But I would try it if YOU made it bennette!

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries

Say, has that really boring looking field greens salad (or a variation thereof) always been on there?

Thanks for the tips MPers

Hey MPers,

Especially AVP, cstephens and Adrienne!!!

I had the Smiling Tiger Salad for dinner, we had a great bottle of wine(Syrah) and a hearty cocktail. We shared SCALLOPS, RABITT MEAT LOAF and SOME SORT OF FLAT BREAD. It was delicious. I wrote a full report of the restaurant (mixed reviews) but I loved it and went in the last night of my stay for my CHEESE PLATE.....mmmmmmmmmmm. Forgot to send a shout out to you gals for the help.

(I was strong cstephens and didn't buy new mouse ears.....when I went to pack my ears for this trip they all cascaded out of my closet onto my head and well.....I will show some forms of restraint for a while!)

of course....i am mad!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Glad you enjoyed it!! Sorry about the service but I'm glad the food was up to snuff.

Adrienne

Hubby and I were there on the 8th. It was the first night of the fall menu. And the food was AMAZING!!!

As a side note... my husband is interviewing for a position in the Napa Rose kitchen next Thursday.. with Chef Sutton and Chef Francisco... fingers crossed!!!!

Churros anyone??

Snakes, why did it have to be snakes?

He had the ahi carpaccio too, but I don't remember if there were lemon bits. I'll try to remember to ask him.
    We had it. It sure did. And it was Ah-MAAAAAAZING.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leota's necklace View Post
    We had it. It sure did. And it was Ah-MAAAAAAZING.
    yer killing me... you know that, right??

Adrienne