Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: New Napa Rose menu posted

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Unless you're paying them to write, honestly, I wouldn't. As long as it's not a matter of spelling or grammar or presentation that makes it very difficult to follow their writing, it's all a matter of personal taste.
    I agree with you on this. I knew it would be perceived as snarky if I said anything. But really, this post was so above and beyond good detail. To use your example of Indy, I like a little more than "and then we rode this and then we rode this", etc. But this guy took 3 LONG paragraphs just to talk about standing in line for Indy. It was just too much (but nice pics!).
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    But this guy took 3 LONG paragraphs just to talk about standing in line for Indy. It was just too much (but nice pics!).
    I hear you. In that situation, I just tend to scan and skip the stuff that doesn't interest me and just read the stuff that does.

Kinda like how I skip the pages that only describe a meadow full of flowers in Steinbeck novels and just read when something's actually going on.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toocherie View Post
    HELLLLOOOOOOOO . . .. . is anyone there?
    AH! I'm so sorry. I'll do it this weekend.
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bennette View Post
    ETA the new ravioli was a portobello ravioli with roasted fennel (score!), Tuscan kale (also called black kale) in a rich truffle mushroom jus.
    Darn! I knew I should have ASKED Frankie for it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    Darn! I knew I should have ASKED Frankie for it.
    It was freaking delicious.
    "The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Blog Entries
    It was freaking delicious.
    I'll be back on the 11th. I'll ask for it if it's still on the menu.

Blog Entries

Has anyone been in the last couple of weeks? If so, any significant menu changes? I don't figure that there would be, but just checking. We'll be there next Friday.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    Has anyone been in the last couple of weeks? If so, any significant menu changes? I don't figure that there would be, but just checking. We'll be there next Friday.
    I popped in yesterday to pick up copies of the menu.

Here's the first page. The date at the bottom of the page says "1/7/2011", so that part of the menu presumably hasn't changed since then.

Here's the second page. The date at the bottom is "2/4/2011". This week's Vintner's looks good.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What is skate like? I've had shark before, and didn't particularly care for the texture, and for some reason I'd think skate would have a similar texture.

Cathy

Blog Entries

Hmm. I haven't had shark in a while, although I like it.

Skate is a medium soft white fish. A little on the sweet side maybe? Some people say it tastes like lobster. (Not a lobster expert here so no opinion on that.)

I wouldn't be surprised if cstephens has had it more than me.

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

Blog Entries

Is it flaky, or pretty solid muscle?

Cathy

Blog Entries

<g> Flaky but firm?

I guess you'll have to try it and see if you like it. It requires a skillful cook.

It requires a skillful cook.
    Napa would probably be a good place to try it then!
    -Craig => DVC owner @ BLT, VGC, AKV, & VWL + D23 first day member (and if we didn't live so far away I'd be in the parks a LOT more!!! )

Smile Here are Napa Rose menus from 2-8-11!

On 2-8-11, my hubby and I went to DCA to celebrate their birthday, as well as my hubby's and we enjoyed our wonderful dinner at Napa Rose that night, for his birthday and Napa Rose's.

Even tho we didn't get our favorite seats at the Chef's Counter (I had
    originally made the reservation for 2-6 and had our favorite seats, but he later said he wanted take the day off of work, to go on 2-8, so I had to change it and the only seats left were 1-4, so I picked 3 and 4), we still had the same wonderful service and personal attention from Chef Andy, Alex and the rest of the crew!

Here are links to the menus they had on 2-8-11:

Page 1: http://www.flickr.com/photos/barrywallis/5434859111/
    Page 2: http://www.flickr.com/photos/barrywallis/5434858935/
    Dessert Menu: http://www.flickr.com/photos/barrywallis/5434859391/
    Children's Menu: http://www.flickr.com/photos/barrywallis/5434859255/

For our dinners, I always order my starter and main from the menu, as I have some health challenges and know best what I can eat, but my hubby can eat anything, so he decided to "live dangerously" as usual and enjoyed his surprise courses.

For my appetizer, I chose my favorite Pan Roasted Diver Scallops and was
    VERY happy at the amount of lobster I received, while my hubby enjoyed the California Winter White Salad he was given.

Next, I was brought the Sauted Portobello Mushrooms and Fried Sweet Potato Brie Cheese Dumplings (this dish was heavenly!), while he was brought the Sauted Wild Skate Wing and Santa Barbara Spot Prawn. Neither of us had had Skate before, he shared a bite of his with me and we agreed, it was melt-in-your-mouth amazing!

Then I had chosen the Maple Leaf Duck Breast, which I loved and he was brought a dish that wasn't on the menu - Twice Cooked Pork, that came with quinoa and other grains.

For dessert, since the "Best Hot Chocolate" was still on the menu and I didn't see anything I wanted instead, I chose that with the doughnuts, while he was brought the Wine Country Fuji Apple Crisp with Green Apple Sorbet. He said it was one of the best desserts he'd ever had there.

The restaurant was really busy and I think the only open seat there was #9 at the dessert end of the Chef's Counter (10-12 were filled and they were full in the Lounge and private dining room as well!). It was as tho it was a Saturday night, instead of a Tuesday. When we talked with Alex about it, he said there was a big convention in town, so that's why they were so crowded. Even tho they were busy, we were still able to chat with him and Chef Andy, to hear about the courses we were given and other things, so that was great!

Last edited by KarenW2; 02-11-2011 at 02:19 PM.
    Karen W2

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenW2 View Post
    For our dinners, I always order my starter and main from the menu, as I have some health challenges and know best what I can eat, but my hubby can eat anything, so he decided to "live dangerously" as usual and enjoyed his surprise courses.
    I forget, do either of you do the wine pairings?

Adrienne
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Smile I don't, but he sometimes does, it depends...

Hi Adrienne,
    As to the wine pairings, I'm not a big wine drinker to begin with, I only like sweet white or rose (give me my Magicale and I'm a happy girl!), but my hubby sometimes gets them. It depends on if we're staying on site, or driving back home, right away after dinner.

Since we had already spent the night on 2-4 at GCH (thanks again Disney, we loved our night there, especially the cookies and milk surprise waiting for us in the room, when we came back up, after watching WoC!), we just went back up on 2-8 to spend a little time in DCA, have dinner, then come home, so he just had one glass of wine that both of us really liked. It was a Riesling, I don't remember which, but if you'd like to know, I can see if he remembers what it was and I'll post it here.

Karen W2

Blog Entries

Was the skate flaky, or more 'solid'?

Blog Entries

We had a great meal last night. I asked for a copy of the menu and I need to double check, but think it's the same except for the vintner's.

Smile Wine, Skate and menu reports

Hi Adrienne,
    I asked my hubby what the wine was, he didn't remember, so he called NR, spoke to the girl there and got the name of it. It's Richter Estates Riesling (any relation to Andy?) and is an "off-dry" (code word for sweet white, but not overly sweet). We both really enjoyed it, thought we'd like to get more, so we checked BevMo's website, but they don't carry it.

Drince, about the skate - I asked him if he would describe it as being "flaky or solid" and he said the same thing I did, it wasn't either of them, it was "melt-in-your-mouth delicious"! He kinda described the texture or whatever as being sort of like a scallop. All I know is, it was really good!

And fairest, from what we've heard before, the Vintner's Menu changes on Fridays, but the others stay the same for a while, so it's not surprising if your menu is the same, with the exception of the Vintner's section. I know the desserts and other items on the regular menu were nearly the same as the ones we had on 12-23, so they don't change out the other things very often.

Karen W2

Blog Entries

Karin- Correct on the menu. Last year there were a couple of subtle changes from December to February, but nothing big until March or April, if I remember correctly.
    I didn't even look at the dessert menu last night. We all told Saucy to choose for us. We each had something different though.

Loving my sweet pea.

I ate at NR the Monday before Thanksgiving and that menu is the same as the current posted one. We're going to the lounge tomorrow just for an appetizer and dessert... and I was kind of disappointed to see there is really nothing new. At the top of my menu it says "Autumn Menu." I thought there would be significant changes between Autumn and Winter. But, it's all so yummy so not too much complaining here!

My mouth is already watering for the 23rd. At least I should have a while to make my choices!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Was the skate flaky, or more 'solid'?
    Cathy, you are cracking me up with the skate questions. Just ask for a taster portion! If you don't like it, you'll just have to come back another time.

Menu change?

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are thinking about making a crash one night trip from Sacramento to the Napa Rose for dinner on March 26th.

Is the last menu posted still current? Does anyone know if the spring menu will be done by then?

Any help is wonderful!

Thank you.

Churros anyone??

Snakes, why did it have to be snakes?

Blog Entries

Oh my goodness!

I have been having some serious NR withdrawal lately and was hoping to get over there this weekend or next for some counter time.

But I just got the chance to have dinner at Club 33 during a time slot that will allow for Fantasmic viewing from the balcony! Now you know I love me some Napa Rose but I've heard the Club desserts are pretty good. Add in a show and I'm very anxious to see how the two experiences compare. I'll probably even dress up!

Gosh, I'm just so darned excited. Maybe I'll stop by the NR lounge for a drink on the way over. I could do some kind of drink comparison.