Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Mid-stay rate change?

Mid-stay rate change?

With the relatively new room discounts, I've been looking at booking a short trip for sometime in December. (Just got back from a trip where we tried to combine Star Wars Celebration V in Orlando with visiting WDW--in trying to serve two masters, we were unfortunately not as "faithful" to WDW as we would have liked!)

As a first step, I've been playing around with the Web site to check availability. One thing I noticed is that it's quoting me different nightly rates when a change from "value" to whatever the next season is occurs. For example, the Polynesian has "value" rates from [start date] through December 16th. When I look for a reservation that starts on December 16th, I get the value rate for just one night, then the rate goes up.

Am I totally misremembering, or did it used to be the case that if you checked in during 'x' rate season, you got that rate for the duration of your stay?

Thanks!

If a guy called "Foulfellow" asks you to go to Pleasure Island, just don't do it--I mean, he's got the word "Foul" right in his name!

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arpinl View Post
    Am I totally misremembering, or did it used to be the case that if you checked in during 'x' rate season, you got that rate for the duration of your stay?
    That used to be the case, but I think they changed that a while back.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You're not misremembering - they did make a change a year or two back so that each DAY may have a different rate. Our upcoming trip we have 3 different rates, because weekdays and weekends are different, and we're in 2 different 'seasons'.

Cathy

Yikes! That's too bad. Before my most recent trip, I hadn't been since September 2008, so I must have missed the memo...

Thanks for the very prompt replies.

If a guy called "Foulfellow" asks you to go to Pleasure Island, just don't do it--I mean, he's got the word "Foul" right in his name!

yes, this sucks.... don't mean to hijack your thread, but can you post more about your experience @ CV?

Thanks.

"would you like me to take that picture for you?"

Countdown to WDW..17 minutes...

Star Wars Celebration V

Happy to share about CV--I'll keep it short, since it's a derail, but feel free to PM me.

This was the biggest con I've been to, and the lines for EVERYTHING were outrageous. On the first day, it took 1.5 hours just to get in the building! I'd say the organization left something to be desired re: signage, clarity around where to queue, etc., but overall, it was a good experience. I'd just underestimated how much time it would take for everything/how early you'd have to queue for everything, so there were a ton of trade offs required: Do you want to wait in line for Mark Hamill's panel for three hours, or do you want to use that time to look around the exhibit hall?

We did go to the Last Tour to Endor event at Hollywood Studios, and it was fun--I'm glad we got to say goodbye to Star Tours, as it was our last visit before the current attraction closes. The "Indiana Jones and the Lost Jedi Temple of Doom" show was fun (imagine Darth Vader and Indiana Jones in a light saber battle), and at least a few Star Wars celebrities (e.g., George Lucas during the second showing) made an appearance at each show.

NICE!!! Go figure, the one thing this year that I wanted to do other than WDW I had to be out of town. And I only wanted to do it because I saw what they were offering for the Jedi and Jedi Master VIP packages. Not that I would have bought either, but it did peak my interest to at least go.

"would you like me to take that picture for you?"

Countdown to WDW..17 minutes...