Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Late check out?

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Late check out?

This idea just hit me today...

How does a late check out work (if you can do this) and what are the extra charges (if they apply).

Our last day we will be waiting for my husband to pick us up. He is flying in that morning and when he arrives at our Resort, we are headed out to my DMIL's house for a few days.

I'd rather have the hotel room still available instead of waiting with our suitcases and wandering around until he arrives.

Any thoughts or inputs? Thanks in advance!

Stephanie

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Late checkout is not available.
    What you can do is have bell services hold your luggage while you do other things while you wait. There is no charge for bell services to hold your luggage, although a gratuity is rather customary.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Blog Entries

Thank you Gusman,

I was picturing us sitting on our luggage and waiting for "Dad" to show up. Your suggestion is very helpful and we will enjoy our time until he arrives.

Stephanie

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And if he's late enough in the day - you don't even have to stay at the resort. Pop over to DTD or even to a theme park if you have time!

Also, I believe most of the pools have SOME SORT of restroom near them (I sure hope so!) that you could use to change. I know when I did that at Caribbean Beach, there was a shower there, as well (to rinse the chlorine out).

Cathy

Blog Entries

You read my mind Cathy...now that we know the luggage can stay with the Resort and they will hold it...all options open wide and clear for us.

"Dad's" only request is when he arrives, he wants to eat lunch at the Poly. LOL!!! That's ok with me!

Stephanie

Are we sure that late checkout isn't available? Seems to me that I've pushed it an hour or so with the blessing of the front desk.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Blog Entries

It never hurts to ask. But there is also a difference between asking for an extra hour and stretching out the request into the afternoon. An hour would seem like a reasonable request.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Blog Entries

This is a link that I just found:

http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/wdw/resorts/resfaq.html

and it does mention a late check-out until 1pm.

It doesn't hurt to ask, even if it's not possible for that day.

Stephanie

it depends on the resort. we just stayed at Saratoga Springs and there was no late check out. But at the Beach Club we've always been able to check out at 1. So is it just DVC resorts that limit this?
    Oh and at Swan Dolphin, it's allowed, even though that's not a "real" WDW resort.

"would you like me to take that picture for you?"

Countdown to WDW..17 minutes...

For those resorts that allow late check out, is there a charge?

Oops, forgot to check the link before posting my question. In case anyone's interested, there does not appear to be a charge for late check out.

Blog Entries

DVC resorts do not offer late checkout. This is because of the time needed to turn around most villas.

For the regular rooms (not DVC), you can request late check-out, until 1:00 pm, with no charge. But I have heard it is at the discretion of the hotel (depending on expected arrivals). You can also request late check out, until 3:00 pm, with a 50% charge and even a later check-out but you will be charged for a full night.

We were able to arrange the 1:00 pm checkout with no charge. But unless you actually need to be in the room, I would go with the recommendation of just having the Bell Desk hold your luggage.

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
    -Walt Disney
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~