Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Best RCI timeshare property for visiting WDW

Best RCI timeshare property for visiting WDW

I haven't been on here in quite a while, but we were looking at planning options again and needed some advice. My sister has never been to WDW and is looking at using her RCI timeshare to stay off-site. We were trying to figure out which is the best site-any suggestions? She is able to trade her points. thanks!

2. # ADS

My mom has a timeshare in VA Beach, VA and was able to exchange through RCI and get a unit at Saratoga Springs (actually on WDW property). They are rarely available, but we have also seen units at Old Key West and the Wilderness Lodge. We have also stayed at the Sheraton Vistana and Hilton Grand Vacations - Sea World. They were both very nice, but the Vistana is much closer to WDW.

Blog Entries

You can switch your RCI over to DVC properties. I do not know how it is done, but I know it is possible.

I always used to stay at Sheraton Vistana (not Sheraton Vistana Villages) and it is write outside the back entrance to WDW property. The last time I stayed was in 2008. I am at work right now, but if you would like some pictures I can post them when I get home. The property is very nice and very close to WDW.

I would try to stay on WDW property, but I do not know how it is done.

Kristin

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

My mother-in-law is a member of RCI and we use her account to book 'extra vacations' whenever we stay at least a week in Orlando. I've stayed at 3 properties, all in the same vicinity (west of I-4, just off of 192)...actually, we prefer this location because there's less traffic on 192 on the west side of I-4 than there is on the east side, IMHO!

• High Point World Resort #2066
    • Silver Lake Resort #2610
    • Orbit One Vacation Villas #5109 (2-bedrooms only)

I've liked all three of them, especially the last two because they have a washer/dryer IN the units, rather than just a laundry room on property.

We don't really use the other amenities, but Silver Lake has a computer room so it's nice to go over to use the Internet without bringing your own laptop on vacation and paying for access.

Silver Lake is probably the largest property of these three, so we've always had luck staying there. They also have a back gate, which takes you to Sherberth and straight on to WDW property (about 1/2 mile away) by the Animal Kingdom!

There's also shopping on W-192; they have a SuperTarget now that's perfect for buying your groceries at.

I recommend all three, unless you can trade up for one of the DVC properties! Check them out on RCI's website, and I'll be happy to help you any other questions you might have.
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Blog Entries

Sheraton Vistana has a washer/dryer in the units as well.

Here are some pictures:

The living room/dining room

The living room TV with Bose surround sound

The kitchen and you can see the washer and dryer in the background

One double bed in the second bedroom

The television, chest of drawers, and closet in the second bedroom

The deck

I didn't take pictures of the bathrooms or the master bedroom. I think because they were in use while I went around taking pictures. Check out tripadvisor.com. Users can post their pictures so you can see it there.

Kristin

Quote Originally Posted by hmsharpe View Post
    I haven't been on here in quite a while, but we were looking at planning options again and needed some advice. My sister has never been to WDW and is looking at using her RCI timeshare to stay off-site. We were trying to figure out which is the best site-any suggestions? She is able to trade her points. thanks!
    Depending on her trading power she can trade into DVC at around 6 months out. Availability will be the key question here. If she only needs a 1 BR then she may get lucky. Otherwise there are several in the area. Wydham Bonnet Creek seems to be popular.
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Blog Entries

Stayed 5 times at Vacation Village at Parkway and it sooooo nice. Flat screens, jet tubs, marble counters, washer and dryers. I have 2 little people that started coming as infants and all the room was sooo welcome.

We've always stayed on the first floor. It's right off I-4 and such a quick drive to all of WDW. As long as you intend on a car, it's very sweet.

Look it up under hotels on expedia or Vacation Village at Parkway. Enjoy!

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We own a RCI Timeshare and have used our at Summer Bay Resorts and Vacation Village. They are both VERY nice and very roomy.

Vacation Village is very close to WDW. Summer Bay Resort is not far, it's an easy drive to the WDW Gates.

Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by wishiwasthere View Post
    You can switch your RCI over to DVC properties. I do not know how it is done, but I know it is possible.
    We have a time share with RCI so I must find out more on how this is done! We may be going back in 2011 after all. Hmmm. I get my wife to start researching this possibility!

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    [*]Silver Lake Resort #2610[*]Orbit One Vacation Villas #5109 (2-bedrooms only)[/LIST]

I've liked all three of them, especially the last two because they have a washer/dryer IN the units, rather than just a laundry room on property.

We don't really use the other amenities, but Silver Lake has a computer room so it's nice to go over to use the Internet without bringing your own laptop on vacation and paying for access.

Silver Lake is probably the largest property of these three, so we've always had luck staying there. They also have a back gate, which takes you to Sherberth and straight on to WDW property (about 1/2 mile away) by the Animal Kingdom!

There's also shopping on W-192; they have a SuperTarget now that's perfect for buying your groceries at.

I recommend all three, unless you can trade up for one of the DVC properties! Check them out on RCI's website, and I'll be happy to help you any other questions you might have.
    I agree with Pammer here. We stayed at Silver Lakes last December and really enjoyed it. She pretty much hits the highlights.
    Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you want to book your RCI Timeshare into a DVC, do it early. We tried and they told us DVC owners get first pick and nothing was left what I asked for. They told me to book it over a year in advance.

Stephanie