Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Where do you eat breakfast when staying at a deluxe?

Where do you eat breakfast when staying at a deluxe?

So I'm considering staying at a Deluxe resort this time, but the lack of food court is disconcerting to me. We stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside last time (1st time too), and we always ate breakfast in the food court in the morning. Where do you eat breakfast, say at the Wilderness Lodge? Do the snack places have hot breakfast? I don't want to use up our table service credits for breakfast, but I don't want to wait until we get to the park either. My daughter usually gets up around 7am, which is before the parks open anyway. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Stephanie

2. # ADS

I believe the Wilderness Lodge has a CS restaurant...Roaring Fork. Their breakfast menu would be very similar to POR food court's breakfast menu.

We have also just had quick breakfast foods in our room: granola bars, cereal, pop tarts, muffins or fruit. We ate a quick bite for breakfast in the room and then eat an early lunch in the parks. Earing early can really cut down on the lines at those CS restaurants in the parks.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

After my recent trip, I am convinced that breakfast is a huge money maker for Disney. Sure, in most cases you get a good serving portion and I think the food is good, but at dinner-ish prices.

Because of this, we tend to eat in the room. Cereal, milk, OK, bagels, etc. It also allows us to get up, grab a bite, and get to rope drop at the parks a lot easier. Having the fridge at the mod's and deluxe resorts really makes a difference.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

COMPLETELY agree w/GusMan. We do the best when we eat breakfast in the room. When at a mod or value, we eat peanut butter sandwiches and refills in our mugs. When we were at Kidani this time, we were able to branch out to our normal breakfast at home--yogurt with low-fat granola and fresh fruit. Oh, and my DH drinks that gawdawful green juice crap. He was happy to have that in the morning.

On our last day, we went to Mara about 10 a.m. I thought that it would be winding down the breakfast crowd, you know? No way. It was a ZOO in there. 8 of us crowded around a table meant for 4. OUTSIDE. The food was fine, and it filled me up. It also would've cost me the same amount of cash as a lunch or dinner at several QSs had we not been on the QSP and had 4 last credits to burn.....

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Well I have never stayed at a Deluxe and probably never will, but despite that I think that eating breakfast in your room is the way to go anyway. I just don't like to 'waste' that early part of the day when lines at the parks are so low, eating. It helps to have a fridge, but you'd have that a Deluxe anyway. My children are happy to eat cereal and fruit in the room at Disney, or something 'bad' that would not be allowed at home like a bagel or muffin that we can buy the night before from the hotel shop. I just eat a cereal bar like I would at home and DH never eats breakfast anyway, so it's not an issue for him. Having said that on our last day on our previous visit we ate breakfast at the Polynesian at Ohana. It was lovely, but it was very late in the morning when we ate; we treated it as an early lunch really.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

I must stand alone here; I love eating breakfast at Pop Century, and I think the price is somewhat reasonable, even at Disney's standards. Some days I just get a cherry turnover at a couple of bucks a pop. Sometimes I'll do the breakfast platter deal, but even that is less than $10.

I love a good breakfast, especially when burning so many calories. Plus, I save like a miser the rest of the year so I don't HAVE to eat PB&J in my hotel room (I do that kind of stuff throughout the year so that I can afford to go to Disney, lol). I'm sure they make a ton of money at breakfast, but my family loves coming together before we hit the parks, each having their own breakfast stuff (especially Tony, who actually wakes up early so that he can get to the food court ahead of us and linger lovingly over his breakfast -- he says it's to save a table for us, but we know better ), and having a laugh or two.

No offense to anyone who does differently, but I have to have my food court breakie!

1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber

I have only stayed at Pop and we usually do breakfast in the room. We may have eaten one day in the food court and it was good. We also like to eat at the bakery in Magic Kingdom, so those days we might do that- but we pay cash for it. Usually though, I have a Luna Bar and DH has something similar. That holds us over until 11 or so for an early lunch.

Ah, the PB sandwiches are normal here for b-fast, so the kids don't notice the difference. I agree that I don't want to nickel and dime myself when there. It's more of a quick in and out thing for us rather than a savings thing. Heck, I've pretty much determined that I, like Dan, am a TS WDWer......

Quote Originally Posted by tdelaney_98 View Post
    Heck, I've pretty much determined that I, like Dan, am a TS WDWer......
    You are wise beyond your years!
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

You'll have to peruse the trip report once I get into the meat (lol) of it. The QS plan was fine. We did NOT eat hamburgers each meal. We "made" money. I missed the TSs. That's it in a nutshell.

Can't wait to read the report!!!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by petesimac View Post
    I must stand alone here!
    You are not alone. at BC there is a small deli counter that serves croissant, egg and meat sandwiches along with other pastries. in the same marketplace there is a wall of refrigerated drinks and other microwaveable foods along with cereals and fruits. And then there is always room service.

I know, I know..."but it's so expensive!" I get it. There are plenty of other threads that tell you how to save and so forth. Don't get all red in the face my frugal friends.

But if we are at EPCOT the night before, we pick up pastries from the countries and eat that.

Stephanie, is there a specific Deluxe you are considering?
    "would you like me to take that picture for you?"

Countdown to WDW..17 minutes...

PBF,

I'm looking at Wilderness Lodge or the Polynesian, although it will probably be Wilderness Lodge. I'm still in the debating process between moderate and deluxe, and I'm used to the food court thing. I'm just wondering what others do, especially at the Polynesian, without a food court. I know it sounds weird, but I'd say that was a pro in the moderates column.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stephaniesmithrn View Post
    I know it sounds weird, but I'd say that was a pro in the moderates column.
    I don't think it sounds weird, but then I agree with you.

When I've stayed at the Beach Club or Boardwalk, the crossaints in the Beach Club got old, as did the items from the Boardwalk bakery. I need a protein-heavy meal in the morning to get me going, and sometimes that's hard to find in some of the park in a CS restaurant as well. (Studios during/right after EMH was especially lacking.)

I think all of the Deluxes have SOME sort of option, they're just not as extensive as a moderate or value food court.
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by stephaniesmithrn View Post
    So I'm considering staying at a Deluxe resort this time, but the lack of food court is disconcerting to me. We stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside last time (1st time too), and we always ate breakfast in the food court in the morning. Where do you eat breakfast, say at the Wilderness Lodge? Do the snack places have hot breakfast? I don't want to use up our table service credits for breakfast, but I don't want to wait until we get to the park either. My daughter usually gets up around 7am, which is before the parks open anyway. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Stephanie
    We went to Sams (a big box store) and bought a bunch of those single serving cereal boxes, plastic bowls, spoons and packed it all in a suitcase.

We bought the milk at the hotel store. We ate breakfast in our room while everyone was getting ready. When someone has the bathroom, you eat. When youre in the bathroom, they eat.

At the end of the vaca, we tossed all the trash, and had an empty suitcase for all our purchased stuff from the parks.

Not only does this save a BUNCH of money (Breakfast is expensive), but the time management allowed us to go to the parks for early entry.

There were 4 of use, and we calculated the savings at about $40 a day. That was a 10 day vacation.
    The Sarchasm -
    The gorge between my witty comment and you, who doesn't get it.

We like to eat breakfast in the room if we need to get an early start. We do sometimes eat at the restaurants if we have a non-park day.
    If you stay at the Poly there is Captain Cook's which has Counter Service options (french toast, eggs, waffles) and Bakery goods, much like a food court. You can also do Table Service at Kona Cafe (our favorite) or the Character breakfast at O'hana - which is one of the better ones from a food standpoint.
    Wilderness Lodge has the Roaring Fork counter service, which is again much like the food courts. They just have a few less options, but should be enough for everyone to find something. Bagels, muffins, eggs, pancakes, cereal etc. The table service restaurant is Whispering Canyon Cafe with an all you can eat buffet or ala carte menu.