Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: FYI: How to figure 180-190 days for ADR's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb FYI: How to figure 180-190 days for ADR's

Would you like to know EXACTLY WHEN you could book your dining reservations?

Are you tired of counting on your fingers and toes? Don't have an abacus?

I found a free "DURATION" clock that I was able to use to figure out the earliest date I can make my ADR's.

I hate having to guess. And yes, you can also call Disney Dining and they can help you calculate. But if you want to avoid some time on the phone and want something a bit quicker, then this is a great solution.

All you do is add the date that you are arriving and have it subtract 180 days (190 days if you are staying at a resort) and click calculate. and VOILA!!! you get the earliest date you can make your ADR's

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

From one perpetual, neurotic planner to all of you: Have a magical day!

~~~~ Dopey D ~~~~

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You can't subtract 190 days from your arrival if you're staying onsite to determine your ADR day.

If you are staying on site, you can make ADRs 180 days out from your arrival, PLUS for the next 10 days. So if you're staying for 10 days, you can make ADRs 180 days from your arrival, or 190 from your departure, but not 180 from your arrival.

Also, there's a website that's been around for eons that I've used (if I didn't feel like using Excel - but then I'm not going for the 'high ticket' ADRs, so I don't call right at 180 anyway!)

Cathy

Thumbs up

Thanks for the clarification on the 180+10. Just before I made the post, I got an error message on the Disney site saying only resort guests can book 190 days in advance. Now when I tried it again, the message had already changed.

So basically, the way I understand it, you can book all your ADR's based on your WDW arrival date. In this case, you would use the counter I recommended using 180 days and, as a resort guest, you'd be ok with making all your reservations for the following 10 days of your arrival.

Thanks again for the clarification and thanks for the new site!! I already bookmarked it!

~~~~ Dopey D ~~~~

If you aren't staying onsite how to you figure out when to make your ADRs? Do I have to do it 180 days before each reservation?

Nevermind...I found my answer.

Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope that answer was yes - you have to do it 180 days from each reservation. (Or just wait until 180 days from the last reservation, and make all of them at once - NOT recommended for the super popular restaurants, though!)

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    I hope that answer was yes - you have to do it 180 days from each reservation. (Or just wait until 180 days from the last reservation, and make all of them at once - NOT recommended for the super popular restaurants, though!)
    Making them daily is not stressful now the on-line booking option is so usable. I was able to make 10 ADR's together but doing the last 4 on-line day by day was much less hassle and cheaper than calling Disney. Do remember the on-line booking system seems to wake up a bit earlier than the Disney call takers!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Yep, that's the answer I got.
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)