Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Color: The Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4Goofy View Post
    It's very clear though that even with the Dining Package it is very likely that we can end up in a poor location and with poor viewing. I'm only 5'4" so shorter than most adults, making viewing over someone's head impossible.
    I'm 5'4 & did the Ariel's Grotto & the viewing area is amazing for preferred dinning section its is the big middle circle & you can see everything from there. I wouldnt pay for Ariels Grotto again but I would do the Picnic dinner option since you get that same area & its less crowded so more space to spread out. I even was sat in the Handicap viewing area & had an amazing view of the show I could see everything including the stuff below nothing was in my way. I've seen the show atleast 5 times in the past month & each time in a different area & the show is good anywhere you stand.

2. # ADS

i just called to make reservations for October 16, but the reservationist said the calendar is only up until September 22. He recommended calling back Wednesday or Thursday.

Siggy aka Jill

Quote Originally Posted by aliasgrrl86 View Post
    I wouldnt pay for Ariels Grotto again but I would do the Picnic dinner option since you get that same area & its less crowded so more space to spread out.
    The Picnic option ($15) has the same viewing area as the dining option ($50+)? What viewing area is that? If that's the case then we may try it, however I don't understand how the two viewing areas could be the same when one option costs considerably more than the other. Let me know if I'm understanding this correctly.

Thanks!

Because it's not the same viewing area. The premium dining package comes with Premium Viewing, it is not mixed in with picnic. Picnic you get a section, Yellow, blue, red and saves you time waiting to get a FP from the machines, plus you get a yummy meal. You still mix in with everyone else.

Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

I did the picnic dinner once & was let into the same premium area with that I had with Ariels, maybe the manager gave me the wrong FP tho. But I did notice that once the show started people were ducking under the ropes & moving into the premium standing area and none of the CMs said anything.

Blog Entries

We had FastPasses for the blue section on 8/10. When we got in, I realized finding somewhere with a decent view for DD was going to be tough (we lucked out the night before when we were standing right at a fence & DD stood in her stroller) -- so we got brave and asked about going to the splash zone. I warned DD that we might get drenched & she said it was ok.

We were pleasantly surprised by the fact that we only got misted. Great view without getting soaked. SCORE!!!

Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Would rather be looking at the back side of water...
    Everything in life is only for now.
    Nope - it never ends.

A wee bit of a side-topic:

How loud is WOC? I'm traveling with a service dog who does fine with everything but fireworks. If the show is as loud as fireworks, we may take a pass or have him somewhere else.

Thanks!

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Escape2Disney View Post
    A wee bit of a side-topic:

How loud is WOC? I'm traveling with a service dog who does fine with everything but fireworks. If the show is as loud as fireworks, we may take a pass or have him somewhere else.

Thanks!
    It's loud, but I don't recall any sudden sounds or "booms" like fireworks have. I would say it compares to Fantasmic! in noise level if you take away the fireworks.

Thanks - that's exactly what I needed to know! He's fine except when fireworks are going off over his head

Quote Originally Posted by CariBelle View Post
    It's loud, but I don't recall any sudden sounds or "booms" like fireworks have. I would say it compares to Fantasmic! in noise level if you take away the fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by CariBelle View Post
    We were going to do Fantasmic on the 15th, and WoC on the 16th. But now that I found out that there is no Fantasmic on the 15th, we have to choose between Fantasmic and WoC. We have never seen either If we do Fantasmic, we will do PS. If we do WoC, we will go to Ariel's Grotto. Does anyone have any advice?
    Siggy aka Jill

Awesome guide! We just got back from DLR and this guide really helped us out while we were there! Thanks for all the hard work!

MA - Pluto's Puppies

I forgot to mention that I printed the color coded picture from the Guide and it helped so much! Once they let us in the area it was a like a huge flock of sheep with everyone following the lead people, but unless those lead people were in Blue or Dining then there were no signs up telling them where to go. I knew we were past Blue so I went down to the next CM and asked where Yellow was, we went in and right to the second tier railing.
    Our view:

advanced purchase

Hi everyone, and thank you AVP for the great info...of course, this lil miss blondie remains confused! LOL...

So, I went online and bought the 14.99 platters, I got four of them. So now, does the WOC tickets get mailed to me?

If not...what time do we get the food...should one person go get the food while the others wait in line for good spot?

And the sooner you get these advanced purchase platters...does that mean you are more likely to get the blue section?

I am so aweful haha...but thank you in advance for your help!

The mosted wasted of days, is the one without laughter-E E Cummings

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nursechrissy32 View Post
    So, I went online and bought the 14.99 platters, I got four of them. So now, does the WOC tickets get mailed to me?
    Not by snail mail. You should have received an e-mail confirmation of your order. You can print that out and take it to the counter to pick up your meal. If you forget it, they can look it up for you at the counter.

If not...what time do we get the food...should one person go get the food while the others wait in line for good spot?
    You can pick up your picnic anytime you want that day, starting around 11:00 - 11:30 (depending on day). Don't wait until showtime to get your meal. Most people seem to eat it as a lunch.

[/QUOTE]And the sooner you get these advanced purchase platters...does that mean you are more likely to get the blue section?[/QUOTE] That's what I've heard, but I've also heard the passes are randomly distributed. If you get a section you don't want, ask if they can switch your passes.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Fantasmic > World of Color

Just saw World of Color today. It was an AMAZING show, but if I had to pick between the two, I have to say Fantasmic over WOC because it involves a water show, characters, and live action.

Also, tip for WOC- best area to stand if you have a blue ticket is on the bridge. You are front and center and won't get wet.

Tower of Terror is the best

I like the yellow section where the kid can play in the water during the day this section is for dine people not the picnic basket

BLAB NEW pass 26 as of 10/14/2010
    New AP DCA tower of terror count 32 9/17/2010 & space mountain 44 8/10/2010 ghost glaxy3 9/17/2010
    DCA Tower of Terror Count as of 2/08/06 : 912
    Reopened Space Mountain Count 73 02/19/2006

On the first page AVP posted a color coded best place to see the show.

Is there a similar color coded photo showing where you can see it if you pre-purchase the dinner or picnic, fast pass, or stand by?

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

AVP, I wondered if we can get updated information on how World of Color is working now that we're in the fall season with just one showing on the weeknights? For example, is there still a pre-show before the 8:15 show? If so, when does it start? When should we line up to get into the 8:15 show (and the pre-show if they have one)?

Thanks again for the great information you've posted so far!

Quote Originally Posted by TowerofTerror View Post
    I like the yellow section where the kid can play in the water during the day this section is for dine people not the picnic basket
    When I did the picnic lunch we had the Yellow section.

Why?

I apologize if this has been already answered or discussed, but why after spending all the money on World of Color did they not do better viewing? I was forced to hold my 4 1/2 year old the complete time to see the show and had "preferred viewing" after dining at the Wine Country Trattoria which I must say was excellent!

A frown keeps others away, so smile today

Disneyland 2011???? I HOPE!!!!!

We Want More Musicals! Merm8fan's Avatar

WoC in December?

Okay, saw WoC in August and love, love, love it! (Seriously, I videoed my first viewing start to finish and was completely embarrassed afterward at how I did not shut up the whole time: "Oh, my gosh!" "I am IN LOVE with this show!" -that was about 3 minutes in- "WOW!" "Ahhhh...", etc.)

Anyhow, I'm headed back Dec. 10-12 with DM, and really want her to have a great view for her first time - so I want to do the premium dining (Wine Country Trattoria) that worked out great for me back in August. My dilemma is that the entertainment details on the park calendar only go through October but the dining reservations can start 60 days out.

Anyone happen to know if WoC will run in Dec, and if so, which days of the week? Sorry if I missed an existing memo about it - I couldn't find any prior discussion on a December schedule through a search of the boards.. I figure since we'll be there on a weekend our chances are good, providing they run it at all in December.

Thanks!

Last edited by Merm8fan; 09-26-2010 at 09:14 PM. Reason: typo!
    This is where I come up with something, right? Something really clever...

We Want More Musicals! Merm8fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    Starting September 7, the show will be presented on an off-season schedule of one show per night (8:15) Monday - Thursday, and two shows per night (9 and 10:15) Friday - Sunday.
    I should add that I did see the above in 'The Guide', but I was not sure if it pertained to the entire off-season, including December.

Thanks in advance for any insight or verification of the above!
    This is where I come up with something, right? Something really clever...

i licke from the blue section and red the was ok i the blue is best cuz it ryt in the mildlle of middle

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyland055 View Post
    i licke from the blue section and red the was ok i the blue is best cuz it ryt in the mildlle of middle
    I have no idea what that means.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries

I am cutting and pasting this post I did in the WOC dinning thread, didnt really get a solid answer, if anyone knows I would love you for it!....

Hi All,
    I have read every post of this thread, yep, every single one. Hoping to get an updated review of the process. We have 4:30 Ariels PS for 8:15 show on October 25th.

I read you get the vouchers when you are done eating, what time would they say to return for an 815 show? 730? 745? 8?

How wet do you get on the front railing? I will have a stroller with me, they allow those in the viewing area, right? I am going to use the stroller on the railing so my girls can stand in the stroller, see the show, but not block anyone behind them.

When they let you in the priority area, how easy is it to get a stroller to the front railing? By the time I get it down a ramp will the rail be full? I guess there are three railings, so I can always just go to another one.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to the show, sounds like many of the kinks have been worked out.

Please remember I am a guy. If you found anything in the above post offensive, I cannot help it. For more info, see Brad Paisley's "I'm just a guy."