Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Ask Otto?

Ask Otto?

Has anybody used "Ask Otto?" I was reading about this somewhere, can't remember where... Is this a pretty reliable way to get updated info? Also, what is everybody's favorite apps for information regarding the park?

2. # ADS

Since the Fastpass window started being enforced, I mostly use Otto to find out what the current Fastpass return time being distributed is so I know if it's worth a trek across the park to pick up a Fastpass. If it's during a time I have a dinner reservation or plan to be taking a break, I save myself some walking. I find that the times are a little behind, so I usually add 30 minutes to whatever Otto says.

"If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."
    -Winnie the Pooh

Ask Otto?

What's ask Otto?

Automated phone info. 7145207090

Love ask Otto. I use it all the time(even when I'm at home lol). I would say he's usually about 30 minutes off fast pass times but usually pretty accurate on wait times. Pretty helpful for us people who don't have smart phones.

You could be a big pig too!
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyland addict13 View Post
    Since the Fastpass window started being enforced, I mostly use Otto to find out what the current Fastpass return time being distributed is so I know if it's worth a trek across the park to pick up a Fastpass. If it's during a time I have a dinner reservation or plan to be taking a break, I save myself some walking. I find that the times are a little behind, so I usually add 30 minutes to whatever Otto says.
    Isn't there a good app out there that can do this? I think I would rather look up this info than call. The apps I have tried in the past have not been that accurate but they were crows -sourced and that was a couple of years ago - which is really light years in app development. Any suggestions?
    Disneyland trips: '72, '77' 78 '79, '80, '86, '99, '06, '07, '08, '09 , '11, '13, '14, '15 and '16
    WDW solo trips: '13, '14, and '16

"My favorite part of Disneyland is spending time with my family" -- DD, age 10

There are lots of apps. There have been discussions of the best ones before. Like the person above you said, not everyone has a smart phone though. Also, wifi doesn't work very well inside DL. It drains my battery always searching for it, so I found shutting down anything connected (even my email) to wifi saves my battery.

Because my girls don't have smart phones, they use Ask Otto all the time.

Karin * Waiting to get back to my Happy Place

I will be trying out "Ask Otto" for sure on my next trip. If I wanted to use an app for my smartphone, what would everybody recommend?

Mousewait is one we like.

Thanks for the tip on ask Otto. We don't have a smart phone and it will come in handy :-)

My husband use Otto a lot during our trip. There were a lot of unplanned closures when we visited. Several mornings Little Mermaid and GRR were down (at least one time it was due to a power outage). He kept checking with Otto to see when GRR was back up. It really was a nice feature.

I use Mousewait, Touring Plans Lines app, and something called disneyland wait times. I find Ask Otto is the most accurate by a lot, I kind of sort with the others and verify with Otto before I cross the park or parkhop based on the prediction.

We just back from our magical week at Disneyland! And I just wanted to report on ASK OTTO. What a great informational tool that Disneyland has added. It worked wonderfully and I would say that for the most part it was always right. I also tried a few apps that I had downloaded. After trying them both, I will only be using ASK OTTO in the future. It was so simple to use. Only just took a few seconds. Didn't use up my data. And I would say for me it was right about 90% of the time.

Thank you for reporting back. We all get caught up in life after our trips and forget. Good to know. I had shut down everything that used wifi last time to save my battery (it worked so well, I went 9AM to 11PM without needing a charge and got on the bus home, put it on flight mode and still had battery in the morning to text DH to pick us up.), so I think that is a better option anyway.