Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Towels [provided at water parks]?

Towels [provided at water parks]?

We are planning our first trip to Typhoon Lagoon this time on our trip. Just wondering, do you we have to take our own towels, or do they supply them? Thanks in advance

Here we come for the big 40th Birthday!!!!!!

2. # ADS

No, they don't supply them, they rent them. We packed towels from home the first time we went, but never used them since the air dried us off. Plus they weigh too much with the new fees. After that we would take pool towels and return them to the hotel after, and I'm not sure we used them either. With walking from slide to slide and even from the lazy river or wave pool we just air dried. The bigger necessity to us was swim shoes. The walkways get hot and the bottom of the pool scratched up my feet.

They don't supply them as noted above. Personally I would take them. Me and my DD both have pretty long hair and whatever they put in the water at the Disney water parks glues it together. We always need a shower and lots of shampoo before we leave the park so that means needing a towel for us.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

We did what SuefromRI did. We grabbed a few pool towels from our hotel to take with us to the water park, and then returned those towels back to the hotel.

2017: Coco
    Future: The Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4

Not an official spokesperson for the company

Friend of Figment

We rent "standard-size" bath towels for $2.00. We also sell large beach towels.

Disneyland Trips: 13 trips for 49 nights.
    But I live less than 20 miles from Walt Disney World! And work there part-time.

For more information about Disabled Access to Disney World and nearby areas, check this out. Or for tickets, check out my Everything About WDW Tickets post.

Blog Entries

While on the subject of water parks, what are you allowed to bring in, eats and drink? Snacks, water? When at BB, we always eat at Lottawatta Lodge and at TL, at Typhoon Tillys and as of 4/10, I have cut out all soda (thought giving up diet coke would be harder than it was), drink alot of water and crystal light. What kind of cooler is ok too?

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    While on the subject of water parks, what are you allowed to bring in, eats and drink? Snacks, water? When at BB, we always eat at Lottawatta Lodge and at TL, at Typhoon Tillys and as of 4/10, I have cut out all soda (thought giving up diet coke would be harder than it was), drink alot of water and crystal light. What kind of cooler is ok too?
    Any size/shape coolers is allowed at the Disney water parks. They will inspect what is inside so be prepared for that. As long as you have no glass or adult beverages you are fine. I often bring a cooler with lunch, snacks and drinks to the water parks. We live locally and go to the water parks a lot in the summer. I have never had an issue bringing in my cooler.

I also second the water shoes. The pavement is super hot.

Mily

Friend of Figment

At the four major parks (AK, DHS, EC, MK) coolers are restricted to "small, soft-sided, which can fit in a locker". And they cannot be rolling bags.

The only restrictions that apply to all parks (theme and water) are nothing in glass containers (other than medicines and baby food) and no alcoholic beverages.

Some things people don't think about (which tend to be in glass) are pickles, salsa, Mayonaisse, Starbucks drinks, Snapple drinks, Tabasco.

At the water parks any type or size cooler is acceptable. I have seen people come through the gate (Typhoon Lagoon) hauling wheeled coolers about 4' x 3' x 2'. Note that the cooler can be on two wheels or carried, but the way the rules are written you can not have it in a wagon and it cannot have four wheels.

If you show up at the gate with prohibited items we will give you three choices:
    (1) Take prohibited items back to your car or resort.
    (2) Put prohibited items in the nearby trash can.
    (3) (Only for other than alcoholic beverages) If you have plastic bags or cups you can dump the items out of the glass containers and throw away the container.

Disneyland Trips: 13 trips for 49 nights.
    But I live less than 20 miles from Walt Disney World! And work there part-time.

For more information about Disabled Access to Disney World and nearby areas, check this out. Or for tickets, check out my Everything About WDW Tickets post.