Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Annual Pass Question

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    Noted. I've always had the impression they've suggested I get a new photo simply because mine is B&W, not because they couldn't tell it was me.

AVP
    Are photos in color now? I got my AP last September and I'm fairly sure its a grainy B&W pic....
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

2. # ADS

Yep still black and white. Very grainy. :/ But, thank goodness they don't do the whole Universal Studios right index finger scan though...those take FOREVER to enter when they check you to go in to the park...So i'd take grainy black and white photo id check anyday over index finger scan.

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    Are photos in color now? I got my AP last September and I'm fairly sure its a grainy B&W pic....
    I believe she is referring to the picture that comes up for the CM at the turnstile.
    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

OH! At the turnstile's those pictures are colored. I remember because my daughter was having a hard time coming through the bars without me. I went through first to show her it was okay then the CM checked her in and I looked at the screen and it was colored. I was thinking..."if their screen pictures are colored why can't we have pretty colored pictures passes too?" Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post

3) You can renew up to 30 days prior to the expiration date of your current pass. There's no real incentive to renew earlier than that as far as I'm concerned unless by doing so you can renew at the lower rate.

AVP
    You can renew up to 40 days in advance of the expiration date. If you are renewing to a higher level you want to renew as early as possible. The reason is that the pass will become that higher level at the time you renew but the expiration date is one year from the previous. It is kind of like getting 13 months at that higher level instead of the lower one.

Also a note on the special backings. They have them at the park if you are getting a new picture or have a problem with the pass and need it reprinted make sure you mention that you still want the special backing (you have to already have it on the current pass being replaced and the guest service building or pass centers are better at this then the booths).
    Last edited by chancencinny; 08-02-2010 at 07:59 AM. Reason: typo

Last year I couldn't upgrade a ticket to an annual pass because I had 7 days left on an annual pass on file.

If your pass is expired a year, will they let you do an upgrade?

I still have not seen an answer to my question about buying deluxe annual pass gift vouchers now and using them in December. Will they be valid at the $299 price if we buy them by tomorrow and use them starting in December? How about regular assigned passports purchased by tomorrow?

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    I still have not seen an answer to my question about buying deluxe annual pass gift vouchers now and using them in December. Will they be valid at the $299 price if we buy them by tomorrow and use them starting in December? How about regular assigned passports purchased by tomorrow?
    There will be an "use by" date on the card, so if you use them by that date you won't have to pay an additional fee even after the price increase kicks in.

Quote Originally Posted by CariBelle View Post
    There will be an "use by" date on the card, so if you use them by that date you won't have to pay an additional fee even after the price increase kicks in.
    Won't it just be a printed voucer when you buy an annual pass gift voucher online? And how the heck do you find out what the use by date is prior to placing the order?

Won't it just be a printed voucer when you buy an annual pass gift voucher online? And how the heck do you find out what the use by date is prior to placing the order?
    I "think" that the voucher you purchase online will share the regular multi-day tickets expiration date that you get online. And that date is, what, Jan. 3, 2011 at the moment? After that date, you may be responsible for any price difference from the voucher you have to the current pass prices.

If experience holds true thought, those pass prices will still be loaded into the ticket system for a year or two afterwards. They get that maybe you got the voucher as a gift a year and a half ago and just forgot about it or whatnot.

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar
    Sorry, I thought you were talking about the gift card type vouchers available at Vons, Disney Store, etc. Autopia Guy is right on the money

It'll be good until Jan 3.
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Thanks for all the reassurance on the January 3rd expiration. Bought 2 deluxe pass gift vouchers last night at 11 PM and they do in fact have the 1-3-2011 expiration date printed on them. Too bad they don't have that information listed anywhere on their website. The new prices are up this morning.

Blog Entries

Hi all,
    So if myself and the family had AP's last year, but they are all expired, do we still have to go to the AP center, or can we pay and get cards at the ticket booth and avoid the AP center?

Thanks!

Please remember I am a guy. If you found anything in the above post offensive, I cannot help it. For more info, see Brad Paisley's "I'm just a guy."

Quote Originally Posted by twindaddy View Post
    Hi all,
    So if myself and the family had AP's last year, but they are all expired, do we still have to go to the AP center, or can we pay and get cards at the ticket booth and avoid the AP center?

Thanks!
    Good question. I hope someone will answer it soon as I'm curious too. Can the ticket booths print an annual pass? I don't know. That is what will answer the question I suppose.

Blog Entries

If it was less than 2 years ago, your photos will still be on file and you can do everything in one stop (at the ticketbooth.)

Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    If it was less than 2 years ago, your photos will still be on file and you can do everything in one stop (at the ticketbooth.)
    So you can therefore upgrade Aps at the ticket booth too and they can print the more expensive AP?

Sounds like a hassle saver!

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

The only thing they have difficulty doing is taking an AP voucher ticket...meaning you went thru the gate with the paper voucher, were given the paper hopper looking ticket that you would normally take to the processing center and processing that into a plastic AP....we did that this past trip, bought her AP online, went thru the gate then hit the ticket booth to get the plastic pass, they DID finally figure it out but it took a while and a call to a lead.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MammaSilva View Post
    The only thing they have difficulty doing is taking an AP voucher ticket...meaning you went thru the gate with the paper voucher, were given the paper hopper looking ticket that you would normally take to the processing center and processing that into a plastic AP....we did that this past trip, bought her AP online, went thru the gate then hit the ticket booth to get the plastic pass, they DID finally figure it out but it took a while and a call to a lead.
    So in reality, the only time you need to go to the AP center is to take your picture for the first time (or if its been more than two years), lost AP, or upgrading from something to an AP? Everything else can be handled at the booth?

Please remember I am a guy. If you found anything in the above post offensive, I cannot help it. For more info, see Brad Paisley's "I'm just a guy."

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

so far that's how it's worked for us, actually you can UPgrade at the booth, the only thing we had problems with was turning the little paper ticket into a hard copy AP, LAST year we just had to renew and we did everything at the booth.

Last edited by MammaSilva; 08-18-2010 at 08:44 AM.
    Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MammaSilva View Post
    so far that's how it's worked for us, actually you can UPgrade at the booth, the only thing we had problems with was turning the little paper ticket into a hard copy AP, LAST year we just had to renew and we did everything at the booth.
    They dont need everyone present at the booth, right? We are arriving Sunday, first day in the park Monday, I was going to walk down to the ticket booth Sunday evening while the twins enjoy the Hojo pool and buy everyones AP's..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twindaddy View Post
    They dont need everyone present at the booth, right? We are arriving Sunday, first day in the park Monday, I was going to walk down to the ticket booth Sunday evening while the twins enjoy the Hojo pool and buy everyones AP's..
    I have renewed Youngest's AP without her there. YMMV.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

I can't see an issue with the twins', idk about Twinwife, though. I would try and if it becomes an issue, have her go get hers while you keep the twins at the pool.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    I can't see an issue with the twins', idk about Twinwife, though. I would try and if it becomes an issue, have her go get hers while you keep the twins at the pool.
    yeah, it was twinwife I was worried about. I think if I bring her license with all her info, it should be fine. Just trying to avoid the ticket booth first thing in the morning...

They all have pictures on file, and I have their expired AP's, so I dont think it will be an issue, but of course, my mileage may vary!

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    I think you will see ticket increases by the second week of August. (usually Sunday night they change the signs and computer programs) So. get em done now or get ready to pay a couple bucks more.
    This may be true, but if her pass expires 9/23 she might be OK. Our (DH & I) passes expire 9/12 and have for the last three years. Disney sends out renewal in the mail a few weeks before expiring and in years past it has always had the old rate on it. By the time our renewal date has come around the prices have gone up but they've always given us the price listed on our paperwork.

I'm also chiming in on the fact that you cannot pick your pass style when you renew at the park.
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney