Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mal and MDM head back down for June 25-27

Blog Entries

Mal and MDM head back down for June 25-27

Who? Me (old), MDM (23), Youngest (20), and Escape Artist (21), and pups Belle and Wei Wei.

Joined by: Brother, SIL, and 3 nephews, and various friends!

Hotel? Hilton on Convention Wy.

When - Friday June 25- Sunday June 27

We left about 930am and headed to Anaheim. We had seatings at Ariel's at 720p. We arrived about 4pm, to find they had messed up our rooms (supposed to be connecting, but we weren't even in the same wing!) After we get checked in, my brother and his family comes to visit in the room, then we headed to the park. I told my brother we had reservations for Ariels and would be splitting up then. He had tried getting FP in the am, but didn't understand the system so was unable to get them.

We ended up going on Monster's Inc before we headed over to Ariels. He was disappointed about not seeing WoC. As we past the picnic area (it was 645) I suggested since the kids were hungry, he should get tickets that way. They still had meals available, so they did that. Then I warned them that Screamin' would be closing about 730p, so if they wanted to do that, they should get it in. I headed over to meet up with the kids.

We checked in at 710p (kids were in the Cove Bar having a drink) and were seated at 725p. Dinner was good and we headed afterwards to get a spot for the show. After the show, we headed back to the room and relaxed.

Sat Morning - I had ressies for Carnation Cafe. It was a cool morning. We headed over to the park, I picked up our Club 33 tickets and headed into the park. We had a great breakfast. The kids went off to ride rides, while I met up with my sister and the boys and we headed to Fantasyland. We hit most of the biggies, then took the train around to NOS where we did Pirates and back to Pooh's. Then we headed to Buzz, but it broke down. So, we decided it was time to head back to the hotel. It was about 2pm and I had friends joining us at the hotel.

Friends joined us in the room, and we had a GREAT time, with some Magicale and Fairytale, some Boy Bait, chocolate covered strawberries, pineapple, watermelon, and pretzels! Now, keep in mind we needed to be at Club 33 for dinner! We changed and left when we needed (leaving friends behind in our room....) My brother and SIL joined us at Club 33 for dinner. I also got a call from our sponsor, who wanted to meet up after dinner!!!! It was a busy day!

We got to Club 33 on time, and were seated in the trophy room. I really like this room. We had 2 great servers. They worked in tandem. I was nervous about finding foods we would like, as we have very plain tastes. But since we have always liked teh soups, I opted to try the Butternut Squash Bisque. It was excellent. My son also got it, while the girls ordered salads. MDM ordered the Artisian Cheese plate and really enjoyed it. My son also ordered a salad. Well, after the soup, they brought out our entrees. My son discreetly asked "Didn't I order a salad?" The server, very dead panned, answered "Yes you did." Pause. "It was very good." Then he asked if it would be ok to bring it after the entree. For dessert, the guys chose the Creme Brulee, while all the females chose the chocolate trio. It was EXCELLENT!!! We had fun watching my brother investigate the balconies. He looked at all the pics, and had to be content with pictures of the ladies room. Dinner was almost 3 hours!

After dinner, my SIL and brother headed back to the hotel to relieve the babysitter, while the kids and I met up with our friend. I couldn't believe we talked for almost 2 hours! We ended by riding Pirates together, before we headed out. We stopped at Jungle Cruise, and had one of the best Skippers EVER!!!!

Back to the hotel, only to find our room had been TP'ed in our absence!

Sunday morning, off to shop. We hit a few stores, ran into the Billies and Youngest took some pics. Then we headed out to head home.

Til the next trip......

Planning 3 trips at once...

2. # ADS

Blog Entries

You know what kind of person tp's a room? The kind who lives surrounded by testosterone.

That's all I'm saying.

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bennette View Post
    You know what kind of person tp's a room? The kind who lives surrounded by testosterone.
    But she also paid a high price for having tp'd the room. She was deprived of a very good treasure.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries

And I won, cause I got 2 excellent treasures. (Actually, will UPS her hers...)

It was funny because Youngest beat me back to the room and texted me that our room was "decorated". So, I was very surprised when I entered our hallway and found a maids cart outside our door!!!! (They were next door...)

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

It was a very very very lame TPing. Very.

But I couldn't do NOTHING. (You're very kind to UPS me the treasure. I really don't deserve it. All I could think as I was driving away was "That's what you get for being a smart-aleck, AdK...")

Adrienne

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Sounds like a great trip Mal!!!

Besides, who went off and left ADK unattended in their room? I mean , Really!
    Glad you had fun!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Besides, who went off and left ADK unattended in their room? I mean , Really!
    Well THAT'S why I HAD to do something. I'd made some comment about "Are you SURE you trust us in here?"

For the record: I'm not the one who suggested just removing all of the toilet paper from the room. But that person decided that all they'd have to do would be call downstairs and it would be easily replaced. That and the maid's cart apparently never left the hallway...

Adrienne
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    For the record: I'm not the one who suggested just removing all of the toilet paper from the room.
    APPARENTLY, I missed this part of the conversation.

trying to figure out who made the suggestion, but I have a guess

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries

I am pretty sure I know who would do that... She had bags she could have stuffed it into!!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I am pretty sure I know who would do that... She had bags she could have stuffed it into!!
    You might be surprised but, I'm not going to name any names because I don't want to get in any legal trouble...

Adrienne

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    You might be surprised but, I'm not going to name any names because I don't want to get in any legal trouble...

Adrienne
    Oh, see, that wasn't my guess. But now, I'm going to get in trouble because I thought it was someone else...

Blog Entries

Someone who follows rules obsessively? That was your guess?

Oh, wait. There was that one time I did the crazy thing. From that perspective, it would make sense.

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Oh, see, that wasn't my guess. But now, I'm going to get in trouble because I thought it was someone else...
    cstephens and I were both on the wrong couch! Someone once told me the rules only applied on the imaginary island when she wanted a recipe early...

Tower of Terror is the best

great report

BLAB NEW pass 26 as of 10/14/2010
    New AP DCA tower of terror count 32 9/17/2010 & space mountain 44 8/10/2010 ghost glaxy3 9/17/2010
    DCA Tower of Terror Count as of 2/08/06 : 912
    Reopened Space Mountain Count 73 02/19/2006

Someone who follows rules obsessively? That was your guess?

Oh, wait. There was that one time I did the crazy thing. From that perspective, it would make sense.
    I didn't know there was a rule against TP'ing someone's hotel room. Besides having been a teenager, staying at the Anaheim Hilton for conventions, I KNOW they are quite used to rooms being TP'd.

Blog Entries
    I didn't know there was a rule against TP'ing someone's hotel room.
    TP'ing is something you can get in trouble for. Thus it is against the general rules. (The general rules being those society mutually agrees upon as being appropriate and necessary for society to get along and improve. TP'ing is clearly anti-social behavior that will eventually lead to bigger crimes and jail time.)

There might have been a person in that room who is naturally a big believer in rules and the betterment of society. Someone who has NEVER tp'd anything. Because it would be wrong.

(Said person might have remembered she is a little extreme on rule following and social norms and kept her thoughts to herself. Although she imagines everyone knows by now she is a little nutso.)

Then there would be the general rule follower, who had a slumber party one time that tp'd the entire block. Including, said person's house so it wouldn't be conspicuous. Yeah, my dad didn't buy that.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Then there would be the general rule follower, who had a slumber party one time that tp'd the entire block. Including, said person's house so it wouldn't be conspicuous.
    Genious! Too bad it didn't work.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    TP'ing is something you can get in trouble for. Thus it is against the general rules. (The general rules being those society mutually agrees upon as being appropriate and necessary for society to get along and improve. TP'ing is clearly anti-social behavior that will eventually lead to bigger crimes and jail time.)
    Oh, dear.

Well, I will say that to date I have not been arrested let alone convicted of anything or put in jail. And in my day, I was a MASTER TPer. Oh, yes. I was.

There was a point in time when Doc and I were dating and we were still in College, that I somehow talked him into letting me have a copy of the key to his car. When the yellow pages "expired" my friend and I tore them apart, page by page, and crumpled them up into balls that we crammed into garbage bags. Oh, yes, we filled Doc's Toyota Celica with the wads of paper. (FILLLLLLED it) before we TP'd the car.

I can't remember if that was the same night we TP'd every car his family had together. They had a 2-car garage but for some reason, that night, all five of his family's cars were parked outside. Oh, yes, they were. And we TP'd them alllll. They were in their living room watching movies while we went to work, too. Never heard a thing.

If you need to let the local BSA know to take away my "District Cub Scout Leader of the Year" award, I understand. I have photos in a scrapbook I made for him somewhere.

Adrienne

Blog Entries
    Oh, dear.

Well, I will say that to date I have not been arrested let alone convicted of anything or put in jail.

Adrienne
    It's only a matter of time...

Blog Entries

ROTFL!!! Now, the only time I did go on a TP party, we did get caught. We had gone to our band director's house (I was a Jr.) and we TP'ed it really good! It was Christmas time, and he spied us, and opened his door as we ran back to the car we were in. So, we pulled up in front of his house and started singing Christmas carols. As we finally pulled away, we suddenly see red lights... The cop had sat at a corner and watched the entire thing. He had us all go back to the band director's house, where we cleaned up the mess, then were invited in for hot chocolate and tea. The cop laughed it off, but we were scared. Nothing else happened, and the band director was very nice about it.

Scruffy-looking nerf herder DisneyIndy's Avatar

Nice trip report!

If adventure has a name, it must be Indiana Jones ... and Disneyland

Facebook (Let me know you're from MousePad)

Drink up me hearties yo ho!

Blog Entries

Thank you! We had a great time. Can't wait to go back!

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

Enjoyed the trip report AND the TP banter...very funny!

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021