Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: World of Color Confusion [Viewing without packages]

World of Color Confusion [Viewing without packages]

What is the best spot, if any, to see the show? Would I be able to stand in the Splash Zone

2. # ADS

World of Color Confusion

This sounds like the Candlelight Procession packages...too many offers and too confusing. I called the park today to see if I might be able to find "open real estate" and just show up and stand to watch the show and they said you need a fast pass or a dining option to view it.
    I think I will wait a few weeks and let them get the kinks out before I try to go watch it.

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar

If want to go without dishing out the $$$ for a dining package, and miss out on the fastpasses (over at Grizzly River Rapids) Because of the smaller seating area, half of what they estimated. It's my understanding you can watch the show at any point aroung the lagoon. Obviously, you won't see much from behind or the sides, but I would think the music, fountains and pyro effects would be somewhat OK

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oregontraveler View Post
    If want to go without dishing out the $$$ for a dining package, and miss out on the fastpasses (over at Grizzly River Rapids) Because of the smaller seating area, half of what they estimated. It's my understanding you can watch the show at any point aroung the lagoon. Obviously, you won't see much from behind or the sides, but I would think the music, fountains and pyro effects would be somewhat OK
    That's my understanding, too. You won't get to see the images being projected on the water (or at least not very well) -- but you'll still get an awesome show of dancing waters & colors & music. Besides -- you might be able to avoid getting wet as long as you're standing upwind somewhere.
    Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Would rather be looking at the back side of water...
    Everything in life is only for now.
    Nope - it never ends.

I wouldn't expect to be able to find much in the way of a walk-up spot for a couple of weeks. There may be so many people there to see the show and not have a package or fast pass, so the crowds around the bay may be too much.

I'm going for a fast pass at some point, but I'll wait a couple of weeks to see what people say about the crowds and all. I might even get a picnic deal at some point.

Does anyone know how early we can get fast passes if the park is listed to open at 10:00am? I assume you can't get to it before the 10:00 rope drop, but I don't know if they will make other arangements.

I just came from the park in disgust. They have NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!!!
    Some CM's say you can take a chance on a view and just show up while other CM's are saying you MUST have a fast pass, which are out today. They even told me that they were sorry I was unable to experiance the show tonight, but perhaps another visit I can enjoy it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iLuvDisney26 View Post
    What is the best spot, if any, to see the show? Would I be able to stand in the Splash Zone
    At this time, I believe the Splash zone is limited to the Dining package. Without a package, you would need to get a FP and be in the FP zone, which from my understanding is the 3rd tier.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottC4746 View Post
    Some CM's say you can take a chance on a view and just show up while other CM's are saying you MUST have a fast pass, which are out today. They even told me that they were sorry I was unable to experiance the show tonight, but perhaps another visit I can enjoy it.
    I'm sure today is an utter mob scene & that the cast members need to work out a lot of this as they go. There's only so much preparation they could have done with role-playing and previews -- having "real" public there acting in completely random ways (unlike relatively predictable behavior from cast members in their previews or preview guests on their best behavior) adds a whole 'nother level of variables to deal with.

Try not to stay all worked up about it -- it's just not worth the stress.

I, for one, would have been completely surprised to hear about today going off without a hitch.
    Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Would rather be looking at the back side of water...
    Everything in life is only for now.
    Nope - it never ends.

I'm so confused about this show that I had a nightmare that I couldn't get fast pass tickets for it and ended up with lousy seating. I'm thinking that I'm in no rush to view it and I can wait until August. There is Fantasmic and the wonderful summer fireworks to witness! I think I'll just wait until things settle down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by amelialourdes View Post
    I'm so confused about this show that I had a nightmare that I couldn't get fast pass tickets for it and ended up with lousy seating. I'm thinking that I'm in no rush to view it and I can wait until August. There is Fantasmic and the wonderful summer fireworks to witness! I think I'll just wait until things settle down a bit.
    True...hey if anything it will shift the crowds from Fantasmic to WOC for a while.

True...hey if anything it will shift the crowds from Fantasmic to WOC for a while.
    Genius! Definitely doing Fantasmic first.

Reserved Viewing for Picnic meals....

Just wondering if this package is worth it? As far as I know, Disney has not put out a map showing the sections for the reserved seating. It would be nice to know what I'm paying for? Also you could either be in the Paradise Park area or on the bridge according to Disney's website. Do I pick up my picnic meal early in the day to get an earlier line up time for WOC? For the ones that were lucky enough to go already...please help?? I plan on getting the picnic meal this Sunday. Thanks in advance!!

Just wondering if this package is worth it? As far as I know, Disney has not put out a map showing the sections for the reserved seating. It would be nice to know what I'm paying for? Also you could either be in the Paradise Park area or on the bridge according to Disney's website. Do I pick up my picnic meal early in the day to get an earlier line up time for WOC? For the ones that were lucky enough to go already...please help?? I plan on getting the picnic meal this Sunday. Thanks in advance!!
    I did the package for Electric Parade and it was horrible for the price. Great view. Everything was served on disposables. For the same price I could have gone to Fantasmic and had real ceramic plates and real metel flatwear. Now that the Gallery is gone, not sure how that works out anymore.

The WoC package includes a nice sit down meal and guarenteed entrance into a viewing area without having to make the mad dash to get a fast pass for the show, that is what you are paying for. That may or may not be worth it to you.

I may be wrong but it is my understanding is that all picnic options are sold out through the 18th. So I hope you already ordered yours if you plan on doing this this coming Sunday.

dsny1mom

CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC Toocherie's Avatar
    Does not surprise me in the LEAST!

Quote Originally Posted by amelialourdes View Post
    I'm so confused about this show that I had a nightmare that I couldn't get fast pass tickets for it and ended up with lousy seating.
    Just wondering if this package is worth it? As far as I know, Disney has not put out a map showing the sections for the reserved seating.
    Please remember the package does NOT provide "seating"--it gives you entree into standing areas. Disney made the decision not to include seats like at Fantasmic (presumably to be able to pack more people in).

I did the package for Electric Parade and it was horrible for the price. Great view. Everything was served on disposables. For the same price I could have gone to Fantasmic and had real ceramic plates and real metel flatwear. Now that the Gallery is gone, not sure how that works out anymore.
    Actually, it's very similar to the Electrical Parade set-up now and has been for at least two or three years. You get a disposable box with cheese, grapes and treats and they serve you non-alcoholic beverages in disposable cups. So no ceramic plates or metal flatware.

I believe with the Electrical Parade viewing you also get a glass of wine since you're in DCA.
    "Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am so glad that we are among the few that really don't care one way or another if we see it. I didn't see Fantasmic until about 4 years ago. I am just not the type to sit and wait for 4 hours to view a show.

It all just sounds like too much trouble. We are heading over next week and I think we will just stay in Disneyland during the evening to avoid the mess!

Jen

Does anyone know what time they start lining ppl up to get the fastpasses? We are going July 27 and staying at GCH. I figured I can get into the park before the front gates open since we have our own entrance and its right in front of Grizzly.

Quote Originally Posted by kiki View Post
    Does anyone know what time they start lining ppl up to get the fastpasses? We are going July 27 and staying at GCH. I figured I can get into the park before the front gates open since we have our own entrance and its right in front of Grizzly.
    I can't remember what site I saw it on, but someone posted a picture of a sign that was at the hotel guest entrance into DCA. It states something to the effect that all morning entries into DCA are now through the main entrance. IOW hotel guests will have to line up with everyone else to get their fastpasses for WoC. Don't know if the sign is permenant or just for the first few weeks of WoC. You might want to call GC for clarification on the private entrance so you can have a game plan in place.

dsny1mom

You can use the hotel private entrance now. Guests at the hotel will be able to enter first and it's closest to the FastPass Distribution.
    Last edited by Malcon10t; 07-15-2010 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Fixed quote

You can use the hotel private entrance now. Guests at the hotel will be able to enter first and it's closest to the FastPass Distribution.