Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Autism weighted vest/belt [allowed in the park?]

I'm going to Disneyland!

Autism weighted vest/belt [allowed in the park?]

I use a weighted belt, and I am going to disneyland on saturday. would they allow the sensory belt in the park?

2. # ADS

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ginap73 View Post
    I use a weighted belt, and I am going to disneyland on saturday. would they allow the sensory belt in the park?
    I can't imagine why they wouldn't? It doesn't have any weapons on it. I would go in assuming they would but if they give you any trouble at the bag check table, let them know what it is. If they persisted, I'd very calmly (I'd have to remind myself to be calm because I can get worked up if I don't, so I'm not saying you wouldn't be calm, I'm saying I wouldn't,) ask to speak to a lead and explain what it is.

But I would expect them to let you in with it.

Adrienne
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

I can't speak for DL, however I know that they don't have an issue at WDW.

Jenny
    -----------------------

We are a travel company taking adults with all kinds of developmental disabilities on vacation and always always take with us copies of doctors orders. So long as they mention Autism somewhere you are generally good to go.