Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Color Picnic Option - Information and Experiences

I was finally able to successfully order the World of Color picnic meal online after trying for OVER an hour. The picnic meal is EXTREMELY difficult to order! I have never encountered such difficulty in online ordering as I did for this and would've given up had it been for anything else. I tried all sorts of different payments options and combinations of such and was finally successful by paying 1/2 on a gift card and 1/2 on a credit card! The reason I was given for denial was that the online picnic meal is only available to Southern California residents and I live in San Diego County!
    A word of warning: The picnic meal option is weird and way too difficult. Next time, I'll do something else.

Disneyland ~ Forever Close To My Heart ~

2. # ADS

I feel your pain....

I too had a problem getting the WOC picnic meal tickets...the day I wanted was not available!!! Might be sold out already? Of course Disney being Disney made last minute changes such as making the link active a day ahead of when it was posted to happen sooooo that when I logged on to get my tickets at midnight thinking I would be one of the first....guess what?? NO TICKETS AVAILABLE ANYMORE!!! Turns out AP's were buying tickets all day and I had no clue!! My group will be very disapointed that we will not have reserved viewing on Sunday We are celebrating so many things including Graduation and everyone was looking forward to WOC reserved viewing (and picnic lunch)!!
    We can't afford the other dining option and we can't get there at 7am to start lining up for fastpasses?? I will keep checking updates to see where are the best spots for those of us that don't have reserved viewing or fastpasses

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iLuvDisney26 View Post
    I too had a problem getting the WOC picnic meal tickets...the day I wanted was not available!!! Might be sold out already?
    What date are you wanting?
    Planning 3 trips at once...

What?? So Cal only?? Hmmm that sounds weird to me. Why would they link it on their website for everyone to see if it were only for So.Cal people? I wonder how many meals they are offering per day?
    Bummer it was such a pain to order.

Iluv disney- can you try to do the fastpass thing for the show? What time were you planning on getting there?

Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by coronado_g View Post
    I'm up in the middle of night trying to order the picnic meal with World of Color reserved viewing ticket and am unable to get them to take my order for the All-American selection. Why? Because I keep getting the error message that it's only available to Southern California residents. Well, I live in San Diego! My zip code is for San Diego County but I guess that doesn't count for the requirement. Don't know what to do.
    call disney dining and ask questions. they probably won't let you order but you can at least find out more info.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by coronado_g View Post
    I was finally able to successfully order the World of Color picnic meal online after trying for OVER an hour. The picnic meal is EXTREMELY difficult to order! I have never encountered such difficulty in online ordering as I did for this and would've given up had it been for anything else. I tried all sorts of different payments options and combinations of such and was finally successful by paying 1/2 on a gift card and 1/2 on a credit card! The reason I was given for denial was that the online picnic meal is only available to Southern California residents and I live in San Diego County!
    A word of warning: The picnic meal option is weird and way too difficult. Next time, I'll do something else.
    Hmmm...that seems really strange. I live in Northern California, and had no problems ordering my meals for 6/29. I am wondering if there are/were glitches in the system since today was the announced date and there were tweaking things. Either way, really sorry you had so much trouble.

This was the WORST online ordering experience I've ever had - ever!! I'm, absolutely cross-eyed today after being up until 3:30 a.m. trying repeatedly to get a picnic meal. I tried the regular link with different meals, credit card, debit card, gift card...you name it...and was refused based on the message "the selection is available only to Southern California residents". (I live in San Diego!). Then I tried the Annual Passholder link because I have a SoCal Pass. I still had no success because of the Southern California resident requirement for buying picnic meals. I tried all different meals and all different ways to pay and FINALLY got the site to accept my order by paying 1/2 on an old gift card that I managed to find and 1/2 on a debit card. The site wouldn't take the gift card complete nor the debit card...only 1/2 and 1/2. Too weird. I'll never order a picnic meal again. NEVER.

Disneyland ~ Forever Close To My Heart ~

Love my Happy Place!! mrsdisney68's Avatar

Wow how strange I had no trouble with mine....I made them for the 30th of June.....I was going to do the Ariels meal, but I just can't justify the price difference..I can take what I save and have lunch at Blue Bayou the next day

Summer trip here I come!!!

I had no trouble ordering for 3 of us, on three separate dates.

Pretty straight forward, no complications. I only thing that I found a little on the inconvenience is, you must order per day. I tried placing an order for all three days, the system informed me to order my meals "per day". These will be our lunch meals. We just want the WoC bags.

We're still keeping our dinner plans for World of Color, at Ariel's and Trat.

I'll give the extra viewing tickets to anyone standing nearby, I just want the best viewing option and do not want to get wet.

I don't recall anyone posting this -

All around Paradise Bay, find tasty treats and special World of Color snacks like flavored popcorn in a rainbow of colors, beverages in commemorative cups and amazing light-up cotton candy and glowing cold drinks.

Just thought I'd add, I booked 2 tickets with AP Discount ($12.99) for 18th, with absolutely no issues whatsoever during the booking process!

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Just thought I'd add, I booked 2 tickets with AP Discount ($12.99) for 18th, with absolutely no issues whatsoever during the booking process!
    ditto. Online, no restrictions, no problems.

The only bummer is I had to cancel our Blue Bayou reservations for this trip due to the only WOC reserved seating being on the same night.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigipingon View Post
    I don't recall anyone posting this -

All around Paradise Bay, find tasty treats and special World of Color snacks like flavored popcorn in a rainbow of colors, beverages in commemorative cups and amazing light-up cotton candy and glowing cold drinks.
    It was posted in one of the auto-post items, although I can't find it now.

Beware the plum flavored popcorn. :0
    "The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    What date are you wanting?
    I wanted to get tickets for this Sunday 6/13!! I had to tell my daughter and my BFF son (8th grade GRAD) that I couldn't get tickets!! They were super bummed!!

I don't know if we will still go to the parks on Sunday?? According to posts here, it will be really difficult to get decent viewing spot without the dining option or fastpass??

I wanted to get tickets for this Sunday 6/13!! I had to tell my daughter and my BFF son (8th grade GRAD) that I couldn't get tickets!! They were super bummed!!

I don't know if we will still go to the parks on Sunday?? According to posts here, it will be really difficult to get decent viewing spot without the dining option or fastpass??
    I am wondering why you don't want to try to get a fastpass? It does not cost any money. You just have to line up before the park opens is all.
    Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

Blog Entries
    I know it was posted on MP that the tickets were selling for AP holders yesterday. Sorry you couldn't get tickets for the date you wanted. It appears they are sold out til the 18th. Since you are close, perhaps you can find another date to go when tickets are available.

It is my understanding, all standing areas within Paradise Park will be reserved for the dining and FP, then a standby line will be allowed for any additional space. At least for the first month, I don't think there will be any decent spots unless you get a FP.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    From tweets I saw today, fastpasses didn't run out for all three shows didn't run out until about 3pm. I don't know when the FPs ran out for the first two shows, and it might be a bit more crowded on Sunday since it's not a work day. But it's really a matter of how badly you want to go and see it from a spot that requires planning.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Whoa!

Please use this thread for discussion of the picnic package. There is a thread in the Trip Planning forum for best ways to view the show without a dining package. Click here to go to that thread.

Aren't they only selling the picnic packages in advance for the 1st show with the 2nd show reserved for same day reservations? If so, you should still be able to order a picnic lunch once you get there.

I hope people post their experience with the picnic option. I'm curious how it all works out!

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    Aren't they only selling the picnic packages in advance for the 1st show with the 2nd show reserved for same day reservations? If so, you should still be able to order a picnic lunch once you get there.
    Is this the way it works? I want to go tomorrow too and would love to know if we have this option.

Oh, never mind. You are right. From the website:

"Secure a spot for the first showtime when you pre-order picnics online from one to 30 days in advance. Same day and phone orders not accepted.

Picnic meals with tickets to the second showtime are available for walk-up purchase, subject to availability, at the Sonoma Terrace located at the Golden Vine Winery."

Quote Originally Posted by bennette View Post
    It was posted in one of the auto-post items, although I can't find it now.

Beware the plum flavored popcorn. :0
    OK, that is just an yucky pick for a popcorn flavor. Umm grape is just fine thank you.

the picnic op. sound nice. Please post what you felt about it when WOC opens! We are going in late Nov maybe, would love to hear more.

WOC here we come....

My BFF decided YES!! she can stay to watch the second show!! Woo Hoo!!! (even though she has to be at work at like 6am the next morning and her son starts summer school) Now we can try to get the picnic meal package for the 2nd show or get the Fastpasses for the show!! I hope this back up plan works!!

Just call me Sara~! lovindisneyland's Avatar

i strolled through DCA on saturday and sunday, saw many people eating the picnic meals. They looked VERY yummy!! but flavored popcorn? EWWWWW

I MOUSEPLANET