• 7:45 PM

0 0%
  • 8:00 PM

0 0%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: World of Color prix-fixe dining package - Information and Experiences

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    That's a weekday so the show is around 8. I'd line up as soon as you are done eating. I believe they'll start letting people into the viewing area around 7?
    ok, thats why we booked early. We want the "first time" at WOC to rock, so I am going to line up right after dinner while the twins and family enjoy Heimlich or Soarin'.

I have read conflicting statements on when the viewing area opens? Anyone have recent experiences?

Please remember I am a guy. If you found anything in the above post offensive, I cannot help it. For more info, see Brad Paisley's "I'm just a guy."

2. # ADS

Wine Country Trattoria

I wanted to share our experience with the WOC dining package we had at Wine Country Trattoria. Our reservation was on October 14 at 6:10 pm and there was only one showing of WOC at 8:15 p.m. We arrived at WCT at 6:00 pm and it was very crowded. We were told by the hostess that they were running behind schedule and our table would not be ready for 25 minutes. They gave us a pager and told us we would be paged when our table was ready. We were starving so we decided to by a cheese tray at the wine bar while we waited. 35 minutes went by and we still were not seated so I went up to check to see how much longer. The hostess told us it would be another 10 minutes and she was very apologetic. I asked if we would have enough time to eat before the show and she assured me we would. We were finally seated at 7 p.m. To make a long story short, the service was slow and we were finished about 8:05. We had to eat fast so we could make it to the show on time. I think we were served our dinner at 7:45 so there was no way to enjoy the dinner.
    Once we got to the preferred viewing area for diner package holders, the area was packed. We were in the yellow section and we were in the very back of the big round circle area. While it appeared the view was centered for the show, we couldn't see anything over the heads in front of us. To make matters worse, everyone with small children had thier kids on their shoulders. The only good part of the experience is we didn't have to stand around and wait long for the show to start. At least we are here 5 more days, so we are going to attempt to see the show again with a better view. Any suggestions on how to get a good view without buying a dinner/picnic pacakge?

Eek!

Quote Originally Posted by Spazz View Post
    To make a long story short, the service was slow and we were finished about 8:05. We had to eat fast so we could make it to the show on time. I think we were served our dinner at 7:45 so there was no way to enjoy the dinner.
    Once we got to the preferred viewing area for diner package holders, the area was packed. We were in the yellow section and we were in the very back of the big round circle area. While it appeared the view was centered for the show, we couldn't see anything over the heads in front of us. To make matters worse, everyone with small children had thier kids on their shoulders.
    Yipes- I'm glad I decided to go with the picnic option! Looking forward to it next week!
    Last edited by Malcon10t; 10-18-2010 at 12:03 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazz View Post
    Once we got to the preferred viewing area for diner package holders, the area was packed. We were in the yellow section and we were in the very back of the big round circle area.
    This is confusing to me as you shouldn't have been in the yellow section, but should have been in the "green" section. I will have to go find a pic of the layout again.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    This is confusing to me as you shouldn't have been in the yellow section, but should have been in the "green" section. I will have to go find a pic of the layout again.
    We were directed by the cast member to the yellow section. There was another family that got there about the same time from Wine Country Trattoria and were right next to us. They were not happy either. I learned that I will never do the dining package again. On Saturday night we went to the second show and found a spot near Ariel's Grotto without a fast pass and had a much better view.

Actually I understand this. I just posted a write up on the Guide to WoC thread, but basically what we encountered on Wed Oct 18th was the area with stairs, behind the circle, being roped off for overflow, and they told me the right side was for "yellow" overflow instead of for dining people. I bet the dining area overflow, on the left side behind the circle, was full so they must have started putting dining people on the left side with the yellow FastPass tickets. A CM told me they are changing their system of how they have people line up.

Regarding the poll at the top of the thread - "What time should i line up with a fast pass from Ariel's" - do you mean for the 8:15 show on weekdays? If so, I'd add a 6:30 or 6:45 option!

We did the WOC dining package at Ariels on Sunday 10/17. We had a 6:40pm PS and we got seated about 7pm. Service was a bit slow, but not bad. We enjoyed the food very much. We were done at a little after 8. We headed straight for the line up area and no one was being let in yet. At about 8:20 or so they began letting people in. We walked toward the perferred seating area like packed sardines! LOL. We got in and went straint for the stair area behind the big circle (I had read that it was the best spot). We ended up loving the spot. We got to sit and wait until the show started and when we stood had a perfect veiw of the whole show as we were directly in the center. I am only 5'3" and was worried I wouldn't be able to see, but it was just fine!

Tink - Richmond, CA
    Disneyland June 15-18
    WDW February 2017

Blog Entries

I will post a full trip report later, but here is my WOC experience from tonight.

We had a 430 PS at Ariels, we were seated on the patio, where I have never sat before. Food was delicious, probably the best AG meal I have ever had.

We were given our FP's by our server, and we headed down the walkway. Twinwife and the girls headed over to bugs land, directed to return at 7 with the stroller / tank / battering ram. I milled about near the X-mas tree area at the end of the walkway, right in front of the palace of fine arts and walkway to GRR. I would suggest standing right in front of the cotton candy cart, play on your phone, read a book, just people watch until the line starts to form around seven.

I asked several CM's about the procedure, and to my surprise they all gave the same answer. About 715 barricades will go up in the middle of the walkway, facing toward Wine Country trattoria. We were advised many times NOT to line up before then, and our FP's gave a 745 return time.

************ If you read nothing else, read this. If you get there at or after 745, you have wasted your time and money. All sections were pretty crowded by then, if you want an unobstructed view. If you are over six feet tall, as is everyone in your group, fine, get there at 814. If you have any kids in your group, and you want them to see, get in line by 7.

At five minutes to seven, a fleet of scooter drivers began the line up, and I hoped in line as did many others. Within a few minutes, the line stretched pretty far. The CM kept telling all of us to not line up (no one listened), but if we stayed, move to the left towards the cotton candy cart. At 710 twinwife arrived right as the barricades went up, and the line turned into a mob the stuffed up to the barricades. A few minutes later, we were let in. It was a mad dash to the viewing area, a lady jumped right in front of me, and I did something I am not proud of (read the trip report to hear about that!). We ended up on the second level (waterside being the first level), right at the railing, with the steps down right next to us. I was a little surprised that premium folks are not given access to way down below.

This spot worked out GREAT, as the twins stood up in the stroller and had a perfect view. A little mist but I would not say we got wet, per se.

The premium viewing area stayed pretty clear until about 8, but my god the blue and yellow sections were packed in like sardines. If you are not in the premium viewing area, and you have a kid/short person in your group, get to the line up area by 7PM (for a 815 show) at the VERY latest.

DO NOT follow the times on your FP, unless you want to stare at the back of someones head. Get there at 8PM with any FP and you pretty much have a useless pieces of paper, unless you are tall.

The show was AWESOME, more on that later. Just wanted to let everyone know how it went tonight, a one show weeknight.

Please remember I am a guy. If you found anything in the above post offensive, I cannot help it. For more info, see Brad Paisley's "I'm just a guy."

We had a perfect dining experience on Oct. 20th! We had a 6:30 reservation for Ariel's Grotto. We got there about 6:15 and were seated maybe 5 minutes later. The pace for the actual dining experience was great! It took us about an hour, nice and leisurely. I thought the food was delicious, I had the Santa Fe Tri Tip.

We got out about 7:30 and I was a little concerned by how many people were lined up already. Barricades were already set up and we were directed to the far right on the street when headed toward the Pier from Vine Trattoria. At 7:40 they started letting people in. We were too far back in line to get all the way down in front but we stood on the top step of the first tier which worked out perfectly! There was still quite a bit of room in the dining viewing area, we weren't packed in and could have been on the bottom tier but had a better vantage point from the steps. We had seen the show in August on the picnic option. I was really frustrated by that process and wasn't able to see most of the show based on where we were at and how tall I am But this worked out perfectly for us.

I'm sure some of this had to do with being a Wednesday night off season but we have decided this may be the only way to go for us! A much more enjoyable viewing experience and wonderful food!

~Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.~

Disneymouse and twindaddy, sounds like you are reporting that your tickets told you to report back at 7:45? That's so interesting, when we where there on Oct 13 our tickets said to report back between 7-7:45pm. Disney must still be changing its system.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by emgm View Post
    Disneymouse and twindaddy, sounds like you are reporting that your tickets told you to report back at 7:45? That's so interesting, when we where there on Oct 13 our tickets said to report back between 7-7:45pm. Disney must still be changing its system.
    Yep, it said report back between 745-8, and in bold EARLY ARRIVALS CANNOT BE ACCOMODATED"

Its sad to say, but if you follow the rules or requests on this one, you get screwed.

The entire WOC experience highlights how poorly the entire area was designed, cleary it wasnt done with WOC in mind, but I guess its too late to fix that.

The funny thing is, the show is worth it.

I sat on Ariels Grotto porch tonight, had to get there a little earlier to stake out a seat (around 6), but a free spot was nice, and the view was 95% as good as the premium viewing area.

Trip report to follow!

Quote Originally Posted by emgm View Post
    I thought ours had said 7:30 but I really don't remember. I would highly recommend going during the week though, it just worked out really well, for us anyway!
    ~Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.~

Viewed Oct. 26

I summarize the WOC experience as this: An awesome show with a truly horrible design for guest viewing. We did the Picnic Package, which was just O.K.. I recommend not wasting money on either of the dining packages, as the real issue is lining up in time to get a good viewing spot. There is no physical way for about 75% of the guests to get a good view of the show, period. I would think the creative minds of Disney could come up with a much better plan than having thousands of people mob for a standing spot, having people with kids on their shoulders block everyone's view and pretend that purchasing a meal will give you a better view. Just get there very early (and hope that they let you line up).

Sorry if I missed this somewhere-I just looked over the whole thread and I couldn't find where anybody answered the question about non adult beverages being including or not with the WOC dining packages. Anybody?

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

I'm pretty sure non-adult beverages are included with the sitdown dining packages. Not sure about the box lunch package.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Blog Entries

Alcohol is not included in the dinners, but can be purchased.

Alcohol is not included in the dinners, but can be purchased.
    I figured that. What I'm asking is-Are non alcholic beverages included in the $39.99 price. When did the price go up anyway? I thought Ariels was a few bucks less that the Wine Country Trattoria?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    I figured that. What I'm asking is-Are non alcholic beverages included in the $39.99 price. When did the price go up anyway? I thought Ariels was a few bucks less that the Wine Country Trattoria?
    Sorry, misunderstood. Yes, soda, iced tea, etc.. are included.

Remember APs get 10-15% off.

Sorry, misunderstood. Yes, soda, iced tea, etc.. are included.

Remember APs get 10-15% off.
    Thanks! We made a 7:10 Ariel's Grotto reservation for viewing the second WOC show on Sunday the 19th. It's going to be the last night of our Disneyland Christmas 2010 trip.