Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

World of Color prix-fixe dining package - Information and Experiences

I just received details of the World of Color fixed-price dining packages for Ariel's Grotto and Wine Country Trattoria. The following is the result of my typing furiously while the Disney Dine Line person read her notes over the phone, so please double check all information with Disney Dining before you make any non-refundable plans.

[Update: I've added some additional menu details, including the descriptions of the Ariel's Grotto items that are currently served on the existing restaurant's menu. Since Wine Country Trattoria has yet to reopen, we'll know later if the menu items listed are also on the standard menu.]

Reservations are being accepted NOW. 714-781-DINE. Reservations can be made 60 days in advance.

Two restaurants are participating in this fixed price dining plan. You choose the restaurant and the show, and they'll give you a window of time in which to make your dining reservation. Once you've eaten, you'll receive a voucher for each member of your party for a seat in the "preferred reserved SEATING viewing area" for World of Color. Seats space is not assigned; like the Fantasmic reserved seating it's first come, first served (so I'd get the earliest dinner seating so I could go get in line after dinner and get the best seats) spot. Cast members do not know where the "preferred reserved seating viewing area" is at this time, nor could they tell me the per-show capacity.

[Update: Cast members are now telling callers that the World of Color package includes admission to a "preferred viewing area," NOT seating as was originally stated. CMs still do not know where the viewing area is, and are unclear about how the vouchers will be distributed. CMs are telling callers that viewing is "not guaranteed," and that it is first-come, first-serve, so you should still expect to stand in a line to get into the reserved viewing area.]

[Update 6/2: MousePlanet has confirmed that the prix-fixe meal package includes admission to the World of Color "preferred reserved viewing area." Disney Dine Line CMs should have an updated script for future reservations]

Ariel's Grotto
    Seating 1 (1st show) 5-7
    Seating 2 (2nd show) 7-8:30
    Starting at $29.99 per adult
    $15.99 per child, ages 3-9
    Ages 2 and under do not need to pay, but must sit on a parent's lap - they will not receive a seating voucher.
    [Note: The Ariel's Grotto offering is NOT a character meal, and there will be no Disney Princesses on hand.]

Menu:

• Shared Antipasti Tower for the table (your choice of roasted vegetables and salad or meat and cheese)
    • Choice of one entree:
      • Mafalde Pasta with Italian Sausage - Curly ribbons of pasta tossed in a Piemonte-style ragu with spicy Italian sausage, sauteed bell peppers and sweet onions.
      • Herb-Crusted Chicken Breast - Served with Cheddar-herb mashed potatoes and a medley of seasonal vegetables.
      • Santa Maria-style Tri-tip - Slow roasted over rock salt and smoked with red oakwood. Served with Cheddar-herb mashed potatoes and a medley of seasonal vegetables.
      • Filet of Redfish - Grilled Redfish served over wild rice pilaf, delicately topped with a sweet & spicy pineapple chutney. Served with a medley of seasonal vegetables.
      • Spinach and Ricotta Agnolotti - Topped with fresh spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, julienne onions and asparagus served in a light mushroom broth.
      • Cioppino - A fragrant bowl of the ocean's finest, including lobster claw, pink scalllops, redfish, green-lip mussels and shrimp, plus Bilbao chorizo bathed in a robust fire-roasted tomato broth.

• A shared dessert platter of Seahorse Lava Cake, Chocolate-Chip Strips, Cheesecake Tarts with Raspberries, S'more Chocolate Bites and a White Chocolate Conch Shell with Garden-fresh Berries.

Wine Country Trattoria
    Seating 1 (1st show) 4-6:30
    Seating 2 (2nd show) 6-8:30 )
    $39.99 per adult
    $18.99 per child, ages 3-9
    Ages 2 and under do not need to pay, but must sit on a parent's lap - they will not receive a seating voucher.

Menu:

• Starter salad.
    • Choice of entree
      • Grilled fish (I didn't catch the preparation for this one)
      • Herb roasted chicken breast w/ pasta
      • Seafood pasta with shrimp and scallops
      • Lamb shank w/ polenta
      • NY strip loin with Gorgonzola mashed potatoes

• Choice of dessert, options include tiramisu, chocolate crunch tart and fresh seasonal berries with balsamic reduction

[Update: All AP discounts apply at the standard rate, as do CM discounts.]
    Last edited by AVP; 07-15-2010 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Updated with additional menu & discount details; standing area
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.